Quantcast

RM jerseys...

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
full trucker your the hired man.

zedro said:
get the price down by whoring us down to random sponsors.
Word, if we got any sponsors id be this list.
Cool Whip
Twinkies
Milewakes Best
Lazy Boy furnature

Word...slacker sponsors

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
I'm so getting one! Somebody start making a design! Let's see 'em! I'd make one but I don't think crayon would be nearly as nice as some of you :monkey:s can do!

Size L please! Make em short sleeve too!

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
bikeguy100k said:
I'm so getting one! Somebody start making a design! Let's see 'em! I'd make one but I don't think crayon would be nearly as nice as some of you :monkey:s can do!

Size L please! Make em short sleeve too!

If you haven't already send FullTrucker a pm with # of jerseys and style.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
the Inbred said:
4 color? damn.....$75? DAMN!
That is almost what I said! That's a lot of coin for a Jersey where you'll end up putting holes in it from DH abuse.

If the price came down then it'd be gold to alot more people but at $75 each I'll take my chances with 2-3 $20 dollar closeout jerseys from wherever. Plus I can't fit into anything less than a XXL with my body armor on :)

Good luck on this though, I'll keep my eyes posted to see what they might look like, ya never know :sneaky:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
well, dropping the colors down to 2 would drop the price a little, and if, like, 100 were ordered (i guess that would be stretching it, though), the price would drop significantly. you can do a lot with 2 colors. this is a 2-color jersey:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
For the nay-sayers, here is a pricelist from Hot Shoppe: http://www.hotshoppedesigns.com/newpricebottom.htm

You will want to be concerned with the M-1 MOTO and the C-7 ROADIE-MTB jersey pricing. Yes you can do alot with 2-color, but I prefer a 3-color jersey, or at least having the option to design something based on 3 colors. To me, a nice looking RM jersey would be printed in a dark gray, a lighter gray, and green. Some white would show through in the design for accent and to break things up. In my experience with jersey design/production, just using a 'tint' of black to simulate gray looks really bad, hence the two colors of gray. Please keep in mind that I wouldn't rule out a 2-color design, I just honestly think a 3-color one will look better.

Also, the more people are willing to pay up front, the less expensive they'll be. I BALLPARKED $75 to include the 3% PayPal is going to take from everyone, and also to give a rough estimate of shipping. As much as I cannot front the money for the entire project, I also cannot lose that 3% or eat the shipping costs to get these out to everyone. I'd LOVE to see 100 get ordered, but we'll see. I KNOW there are many of you that would rather see the finished design before you make a decision, but due to the fact that I really think we should take some submissions from the community at large, this just can't happen.

I posted some of my previous work as an example of what these COULD be, hopefully that will get enough people stoked on the idea to make it happen. FYI - the Yeti jersey is 5 color, the Gorgeous Don's and the Big Crank jerseys were 3 color, and the Final Descent III t-shirt was 8 color.

Let's make it happen!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I like how all these people were like, "Yeah, I'll take a cusom jersey!" until they discovered the incredibly strange fact that a custom jersey costs more than the closeout Fox jersey that was printed in quantities of 10,000 :p

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Full Trucker said:
One more, for posterity. Big Crank Racing. The flames and racing stripes were left over from the years prior, but I did the new logo that is emblazoned on the chest.

And the actual logo, from the website and stuff, that I did. Note: it's not the sponsor logos to the right, but the Big Crank logo on the left. Jeesh, some people's kids...

I really like the base grey (light grey) color you used on these jerseys.
I think it would work real well for the RM jerseys too since we have a light grey background on RM, and it will go well with the RM green logo.

Plus, the lighter colors don't get so damn hot when that SoCal sun is beating down on you.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Sometimes you gotta say, "What the f**k."

$75/month is less than I spend on latte's in a month fer chrissakes..

I'll be down for a couple of these Jerseys regardless of the final design!!!

:thumb:

Judging from all the dope-assed designs from Full Trucker that I've seen, I'd trust him completely to come up with something awesome and shizz...

I'll set up a PayPal Account tonite when I get home.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
BikeGeek said:
Maybe a little to "XC" for some of you.
Definitely cool, nice work! The only thing I see right now, and this ain't a big deal - Hot Shoppes charges extra for the printed side panels (under the sleeves). Other places may not. Hot Shoppes is who I have a relationship with, so I'm predisposed to go there, but VERY open to suggestions!

So far we've got 10 DH and 2 XC "on order" so we're about halfway to the minimum that I would like to see. If we get 50+ people interested, the price could potentially drop $20 or so, even for a 3-color jersey! So remember kids! SEND ME A PM! I'm not counting anyone that replies to this thread as a definite, because if I counted everyone that replies with "Yeah man, that would be cool, I'd buy one" and then they don't, well... that's just not fair!

So send me a PM for final tally, and BE SERIOUS please! :D

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
A couple of suggestions I've heard so far:

Keep the overall color of the jersey light gray. This way it keeps the basic theme of the website, and also isn't too damn hot to wear in the summer.

BikeGeek, where did you get that template?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Full Trucker said:
So far we've got 10 DH and 2 XC "on order" so we're about halfway to the minimum that I would like to see. If we get 50+ people interested, the price could potentially drop $20 or so, even for a 3-color jersey! So remember kids! SEND ME A PM! I'm not counting anyone that replies to this thread as a definite, because if I counted everyone that replies with "Yeah man, that would be cool, I'd buy one" and then they don't, well... that's just not fair!

So send me a PM for final tally, and BE SERIOUS please! :D
I think you might get a better feel for interest if a design was finalized. And can we assume that we are talking about a ball park price of $75? I don't mind paying it, but I wouldn't want to pay much more than that.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Light gray is what I was thinking for an overall color as well, as it fits the RM "theme". Most templates are available in PDF or Illustrator (.eps) format from the various jersey manufacturers (Verge, Hot Shoppe, Sugoi) on their websites. And with N8's PM just coming in our official tally is sitting at:

11 DH
4 XC

We're getting there folks! Once we hit 25, we'll start seeing some more designs, as that's my magic # to actually work on them. Plus, other folks will submit art as well, adn this should EASILY push us up into the sweet range of 50+.

WOOOOOORRRRD UP!

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Here's a blank for an XC jersey. The dotted lines inside each panel represent how much is visible on a size XS.

edit: weird, it shrank. :confused: The original clean template is 1131x880 pixels. I can email to anyone that's interested.

J

JRB

I'd be down for one or 2. The main thing is that I would want an XC design and would like it from someone that I know has a jersey that fits. I wouldn't want $150 in jerseys I can't wear. I really like Voler jerseys. I'd have to find the fabric type that my CLif jerseys are. They are awesome. Any color but dark blue or black. THey are too hot here.

To that point - if nothing is done, is there a problem with me having a jersey done with a couple of RM logos and the site name? I can get them done for a $100 or so, doing them for Julie and myself. I won't do it without clearance though.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
loco-gringo said:
I'd be down for one or 2. The main thing is that I would want an XC design and would like it from someone that I know has a jersey that fits. I wouldn't want $150 in jerseys I can't wear. I really like Voler jerseys. I'd have to find the fabric type that my CLif jerseys are. They are awesome. Any color but dark blue or black. THey are too hot here.
Good call on Voler. Their jerseys seem to run a little snug, but I'm otherwise very happy with the ones our club got from them. ProSensor Micro Denier Polyester, Set-In Sleeves, 20" Hidden Zipper, 3 Rear Pockets, 3-color: $50 for short sleeve, $75 for long sleeve.

J

JRB

yeh - the snugness is what I was hoping to eliminate. The Voler XLs work pretty well for me, but I need to lose weight to make them perfect.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I would say as far as sizing goes, most every company I've worked with "run a little snug"... Voler, Castelli, Verge, Hot Shoppe, pretty much everyone that I've tried.

How stoked am I that everyone's getting into it? WAY STOKED. We're up about 3 more DH and 4 more XC jerseys from last tally... I'll get a better idea tonight when I get home from work.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
the Inbred said:
while i'm here, do sponsor logos need to go inside that dashed line? i'm working on TX4000 jerseys....
If I remember correctly, anything you want to be visible on an XS jersey has to be inside the dashed lines.

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
Megan Black is diggity-down fo a jersey.

I trust your design abilities FT, but can you just make sure it goes with a pleated black leather mini? ;)

sending the pm....

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Just got 3 more DH confirmed, with a possible XC in there as well... it certainly looks like by the end of the day I'll have to put my mouse where my mouth is and come up with a couple of designs! This makes me HAPPY! :D

Still no word from golgiaparatus on his designs from a year ago, maybe he's on vacation for Thanksgiving? Others are also welcome to submit, as I've mentioned before, and that will start once we get enough interested parties. I really wan to hold out on doing the PayPal action for when we get 50 people interested, that way the price will drop like $20 or so, which would be WAY cool... plus, after 25 people are in for SURE, we'll start seeing some designs!

Kick @ss!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I think once we have a final design, we should have a week or 2 where people can order them. It's cool that we have enough people committed to cover the inital order sight unseen, but I think when we have a final design, the number of orders will go up significantly :thumb:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Echo said:
I think once we have a final design, we should have a week or 2 where people can order them. It's cool that we have enough people committed to cover the inital order sight unseen, but I think when we have a final design, the number of orders will go up significantly :thumb:
I cannot agree more! And actually, by posting that I agree is just me being a post whore! :thumb:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I really like that Verge one posted earlier - can we just copy their design?

replace the orage with a dark grey, use light grey in the center and on the sleves/sides (where they use the dark grey). the RM logo down the top of each arm and the monkey symbol in the center of the chest?

I am awful with this kind of thing... but this should give you an idea. If anyone wants to do a better version, feel free.

Attachments

ssk

Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Humidiston
That is a sweet design BikeGeek.

since I mainly lurk on RM I'm waiting on the final design to decide, sorry FT

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
What is the count up to now FT? I bumped it by one this afternoon. I'm crossing my fingers for 50! It sure would be nice to get that $20 price cut! Maybe if we get some cross posting action going once we get to 25 we can get another 25 easily.