So yeah....I need one

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Damn True said:
The skyline is a bad mofo as well

I thought the g35 was the nissan Z-car?
The skyline R34 is no longer being produced, may she rest in peace. The 350Z is essentialy the same in the US and Japan, with the Infiniti G35 badged as a Skyline over there. NISMO is releasing 25 20th anniversery R34 Skyline GTR Z-tunes, at the low low price of 180,000 USD each. They are built by the shop that does all their JGTC cars, have mostly carbon fiber body panels, and are supposed the be the fastest production cars ever made. The cars are about 500 pounds lighter than a standard V-spec, and they share much of their engine componentry with the race cars. 1/4 times are supposed to be in the 10's, I'll believe it when I see it.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
http://www.noblecars.com/new-noble-site/home.htm
bam right here is the car i would get, oh wait my dads on the waiting list. should be a blast to drive

if he ever lets me. i gotta snap some pics sometime of my dads old alfa's, he collets them and old dodge power wagons some of them are so sick and handle like a dream on the track, and before any of you talk nay more **** i have been to 3 high performance driving schools with my dad and know how to handle a car on and off the track

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Zark said:
Does this thread make anyone else wanna play GT4? ;)
i'm halfway through formula gt as we speak. racing my polyphony formula racer at cote d'azur. :thumb: (yeah, i'm b-specing it, but i drove the first 8 laps myself and gave my virtual driver a comfortable lead to build on.)

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
dexter said:
bam right here is the car i would get, oh wait my dads on the waiting list. should be a blast to drive if he ever lets me. i gotta snap some pics sometime of my dads old alfa's, he collets them and old dodge power wagons some of them are so sick and handle like a dream on the track, and before any of you talk nay more **** i have been to 3 high performance driving schools with my dad and know how to handle a car on and off the track
Dexter first off let me say that you are a spoiled little bitch :D :eviltongu :eviltongu

The noble is an awesome car, as is the Ultima. What engine and transaxle are you gonna use?

I'm going to an auto-x in denver this weekend and there should be some real nice cars, I will try to snap some good pics.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
dexter said:
bam right here is the car i would get, oh wait my dads on the waiting list. should be a blast to drive

if he ever lets me. i gotta snap some pics sometime of my dads old alfa's, he collets them and old dodge power wagons some of them are so sick and handle like a dream on the track, and before any of you talk nay more **** i have been to 3 high performance driving schools with my dad and know how to handle a car on and off the track
Well aren't you just special. Did your daddy let you sit on his lap and steer?

I have driven some fast cars. I dont have nearly enough skill to bring out the full potential, but hey, it was fun.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Brian HCM#1 said:
He's a version of a souped up toilet, as the GTI a waste of $.

This coming from someone who drives an Escalade.

Hmm..The guy built it with a purpose. What is the purpose of an Escalade? You should talk about wastes of money.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
stevew said:
This coming from someone who drives an Escalade.

Hmm..The guy built it with a purpose. What is the purpose of an Escalade? You should talk about wastes of money.
Its a Denali, anyways the size because of the the family, we travel a lot and its nice to be in a comfortable vechicle for a long period of time especially with a 5 and 2 year old. Also because my wife is in the corporate world and if she is taking clients out to lunch or dinner its way more professional than a souped up GTI.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Brian HCM#1 said:
Its a Denali, anyways the size because of the the family, we travel a lot and its nice to be in a comfortable vechicle for a long period of time especially with a 5 and 2 year old. Also because my wife is in the corporate world and if she is taking clients out to lunch or dinner its way more professional than a souped up GTI.
Large families destroy the environment.

True story ;)

Wouldn't a Lexus or an Infiniti be a better choice, eh? How many kids do you have?

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
blue said:

True story ;)

Wouldn't a Lexus or an Infiniti be a better choice, eh? How many kids do you have?

Well, you know, for every one kid you have, they have to have at LEAST 1.5 rows of space

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
blue said:

True story ;)

2, but we're always watching our niece, so thats 3 car seats, they take up lots of room.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Brian HCM#1 said:
2, but we're always watching our niece, so thats 3 car seats, they take up lots of room.
My parents had 2 in the little Nova along with me, but eventually upgraded to a roomier Camry with space enough for 3 car seats.

Whatever floats your boat, I guess... *sigh*

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Brian HCM#1 said:

No matter how much you defend it, it is still excessive. To each his own I say, but don't brush it off like you need all that gas hogging SUV

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
chicodude01 said:
No matter how much you defend it, it is still excessive. To each his own I say, but don't brush it off like you need all that gas hogging SUV
i'd say brian's family needs their denali a whole lot more than a million retirees need to drive around F250s

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
How did a vehicle practicality agrument start in a thread about a 2 seat chick sportscar?

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Anyone hear listen to Car Talk on NPR? I'm not trying to bust anyones balls for what they drive, but they had a funny call recently form a guy who bought a Tahoe and was asking about those bs fan things that are suppossed to improve gas mileage. He was compaining that his 300+ ci engine onlt got about 8mpg. He was going on about space, traveling all over Oregon all winter... The response was, "OK, you've worked yourself up to a Forrester." I don't know. Kinde of random, but if somone wants to pay $100 a week on gas, that's their deal. If gas was not so expensive, I would be thinking of a full-sized SUV for my next vehicle. Now its not going to be anything bigger than an Xterra. 20mpg is my minimum fule requirement from now on.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Brian HCM#1 said:

Brian...why are you bothering justifying having a Denali (or even an Escalade, if you had one)? Who friggin cares...just cuz some a holes think an Escalade is a waste of money? It's YOUR money, you can spend it on what you want. Maybe you WANT a Denali just cuz you want it...you don't owe anyone any explaination for what you drive. I'd rather be seen in an Escalade over one of those stupid ass loud POS cars with the coffee can sized muffler and a big ass wing on it...talk about looking like a complete friggin asshole on the road. :rolleyes: Oh an typically it's those tools that are driving like dicks...sure there are dick heads that drive denalis and escalades, but you see more dick heads weaving and speeding in those dumb ass cars than you do denalis or escalades...

edit: I did not read whoevers post brian was posting to, so no offense intended...

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
SkaredShtles said:
Mere *existence* destroys the environment. Arguably the environment would be *much* better off if every single one of us took a large dose of sodium pentathol. :p

-S.S.-
the environment would be better off if we all took truth serum? :think:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i'm just curious as to what is less professional than a Denali? :D

yeah, i agree that there are no laws which dictate how people spend their money, but w/ all the talk of ANWR drilling and becoming self-sufficient vis a vis oil consumption, people should understand that their individual choices do add up on a macro level.

i read a stat that the US uses 50% of the world's oil production, and half of that goes directly to gasoline for vehicles. if everyone got a car which got 25% better mileage, do you think that would make a difference?

off the soapbox.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
narlus said:
i'm just curious as to what is less professional than a Denali? :D

yeah, i agree that there are no laws which dictate how people spend their money, but w/ all the talk of ANWR drilling and becoming self-sufficient vis a vis oil consumption, people should understand that their individual choices do add up on a macro level.

i read a stat that the US uses 50% of the world's oil production, and half of that goes directly to gasoline for vehicles. if everyone got a car which got 25% better mileage, do you think that would make a difference?

off the soapbox.
Sure...but if we all did thhhiiiiss...and we all did thhhhaaatt...no one is innocent...everyone is guilty of something! :D

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
SkaredShtles said:
For you, an *extra* large dose. :eviltongu

-S.S.-

FYI: "Sodium Pentothal is known as a 'truth serum', and also for it's use in execution by injection."
It's an anaesthetic. Knocks you out so the sodium pancurate (usually the second injection) can actually kill you. Sometimes it doesn't do its job, tho and prisoners are awake for the second part.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Barbaton said:
It's an anaesthetic. Knocks you out so the sodium pancurate (usually the second injection) can actually kill you. Sometimes it doesn't do its job, tho and prisoners are awake for the second part.
Don't worry - given a large enough dose, pentathol will do the trick.......... :eviltongu

-S.S.-

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
SkaredShtles said:
Don't worry - given a large enough dose, pentathol will do the trick.......... :eviltongu

-S.S.-
ooh, here's a page of botched executions.

in a futile attempt at rerailment:

i don't think anyone can reasonably justify a practical need for an escalade, unless you have 15 children. if they want to waste their money, fine.

i do have one rule though and violators piss me off incessantly here in NE: if you buy an enormous vehicle, you best know how to drive/park/steer it. Next time I see a soccer mom trying to parallel park her land yacht suv while talking on the phone and checking her makeup in a space made for a civic i'm ona smack her.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Barbaton said:
ooh, here's a page of botched executions.

in a futile attempt at rerailment:

i don't think anyone can reasonably justify a practical need for an escalade, unless you have 15 children. if they want to waste their money, fine.

i do have one rule though and violators piss me off incessantly here in NE: if you buy an enormous vehicle, you best know how to drive/park/steer it. Next time I see a soccer mom trying to parallel park her land yacht suv while talking on the phone and checking her makeup in a space made for a civic i'm ona smack her.
Still...is a 6,000 dollar dh bike reasonably justifiable? Is XTR over LX? Is spending a lot of money on parts that shave mere grams off an xc bike reasonably justifiable? (note...an escalade is my next car...and I'm gonna black out the windows...get some custom 26 inch rims to roll on...get a stereo that'll blow everyones eardrums within 20 feet of the car...I'm gonna have dvd playas in the headrests...the visors...inside the gas cap cover (cuz it'll take so long to fill the damn thing) in the armrests...everywhere! Then I'm gonna have embroidered on the front of the headrests and on the leather floor mats...DHG in pink...and then I'm gonna have it custom painted baby blue sparkle with dark blue flames and flowers like my dh bike...and...and...the possibilities are endless! :D

Either way, I agree with you on the damn soccer moms driving those behemouths...there was this lady in an Excursion...or whatever the biggest ford behemouth is...in the Target parking lot. She was parked next to the cart corral which was overflowing with carts...now, she had SQUEEZE her own self through the carts to get to the drivers side door. Well, the carts were oozing out so far there were several behind her behemouth vehicle. Anyway, this broads backing out of her space...talking on the phone...ramming carts. I stood there looking at her like what in tarnation lady! And after ramming the carts with her truck...she finally stops and looks back...so I start moving the carts, and she's all oh THANKS!! and starts backing up before I could get all the carts...we're not just talking one or two carts here folks...anyway, that scared me...what a menace to the road...of course she probably couldn't drive ANY vehicle...I've seen plenty of assholes driving little cars that don't know how to drive either, but that just perpetuated the soccer mom ginormous suv arguement.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
dh girlie said:
Sure...but if we all did thhhiiiiss...and we all did thhhhaaatt...no one is innocent...everyone is guilty of something! :D
and people wonder why the streets and roadside ditches are filled w/ litter. same principle.

take a stand, man.

peace out.

;)

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
dh girlie said:
Either way, I agree with you on the damn soccer moms driving those behemouths...there was this lady in an Excursion...or whatever the biggest ford behemouth is...in the Target parking lot. She was parked next to the cart corral which was overflowing with carts...now, she had SQUEEZE her own self through the carts to get to the drivers side door. Well, the carts were oozing out so far there were several behind her behemouth vehicle. Anyway, this broads backing out of her space...talking on the phone...ramming carts. I stood there looking at her like what in tarnation lady! And after ramming the carts with her truck...she finally stops and looks back...so I start moving the carts, and she's all oh THANKS!! and starts backing up before I could get all the carts...we're not just talking one or two carts here folks...anyway, that scared me...what a menace to the road...of course she probably couldn't drive ANY vehicle...I've seen plenty of assholes driving little cars that don't know how to drive either, but that just perpetuated the soccer mom ginormous suv arguement.
come to think of it, this is a re-derailment, isn't it. oh well.

i agree that perhaps these people can't drive at all anyway, but i think that the enormous vehicle exacerbates that incompetence and heightens the menace factor.

couple weeks ago driving up from NYC went past a recently rolled Lincoln Aviator. Teddybear hanging out the broken rear window. Cops were already there so I assume rescue had been called. Come to think of it, I haven't been on a long drive recently (mostly up to vermont) when I haven't seen a rolled Exploder derivative during the trip.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
narlus said:
but you encourage the pillaging of the environment in other ways.
Careful - her Escalade pillaging will *pale* in comparison to the damage your kids will do over the course of a lifetime.......

And me with three kids - I might as well be dumping used oil down in my local creek. :o:

-S.S.-