jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Testimony from victims strongly suggests it was the rebels, not the Syrian government, that used Sarin nerve gas during a recent incident in the revolution-wracked nation, a senior U.N. diplomat said Monday.
Carla del Ponte, a member of the U.N. Independent International Commission of Inquiry on Syria, told Swiss TV there were “strong, concrete suspicions but not yet incontrovertible proof,” that rebels seeking to oust Syrian strongman Bashar al-Assad had used the nerve agent.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/may/6/syrian-rebels-used-sarin-nerve-gas-not-assads-regi/

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Assuming she's correct, this means either the FSA, or it's "allies" have access to chemical weapons. How long till one gets used here? :tinfoil:
they could have also raided their govt's stockpile. or america gave it to them! :panic: :tinfoil:

i find it funny when reading comments on FB or other sites from people saying we should just "condemn" whomever did this. to me, condemning someone who does something like this is like shaking your finger at them..it doesnt do sh!t

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
i'm starting to think that if these guys are so hell bent on wiping each other off the face of the planet, let 'em have at it.
I agree...but then what? I think the end game is seizing or destroying all of the chemical weapons, no matter who has them. Minus of course what is kept for research...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I agree...but then what? I think the end game is seizing or destroying all of the chemical weapons, no matter who has them. Minus of course what is kept for research...
at this point i think it's undeniable that they were used, but by whom is another question. regardless of who, i agree they should be seized/confiscated/destroyed. Should that be the job of the US? Not solely IMHO. I think at this point the UN has enough evidence for it to be a coalition effort.

[tinfoil] part of me wonders if they're going to "find" evidence that they were used by both sides, and just take them all out in one fell swoop[/tinfoil]

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
no IIRC from his POW days or something he had some kind of injury and he is physically incapabale of raising his arms over his head
i'm confusing him with bob dole who basically had a mannequin arm.....

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I remember reading that the Syrian chems were consolidated to three locations for security reasons.
Bomb the F out of those places to stabilize the inventory, drone any mass forces on either side, profit.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
Most of their CW are a binary type meaning the two parts have to be mixed and loaded into whatever delievery device prior to use. Typically Fuel Air Explosive type weapons are used on CW sites due to the higher temps the weapon burns at to neutralize any of the CW agent. This was the case in Gulf War 1.0 and 2.0.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
well it was always my general understanding that bombing a stockpile of chemical weapons achieves the same effect as, you know, actually using them.
I'd imagine the stockpiles are also stored in some manner of reinforced bunker.
Based on my extensive experience playing both arcade and console versions of Missle Command, I'm confident that we could collapse these structures with precision weapons and essentially bury the contents/hinder access.
After that's done park a drone overhead and smoke anyone with a shovel.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'd imagine the stockpiles are also stored in some manner of reinforced bunker.
Based on my extensive experience playing both arcade and console versions of Missle Command, I'm confident that we could collapse these structures with precision weapons and essentially bury the contents/hinder access.
After that's done park a drone overhead and smoke anyone with a shovel.
it would depend on how pixelated their bunkers are.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
can anyone guess who said this?
The President does not have the power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation

Most of their CW are a binary type meaning the two parts have to be mixed and loaded into whatever delievery device prior to use. Typically Fuel Air Explosive type weapons are used on CW sites due to the higher temps the weapon burns at to neutralize any of the CW agent. This was the case in Gulf War 1.0 and 2.0.
i thought they used thermite for stuff they wanna burn up or melt. i also thought fuel air explosives did most of their damage via shockwave.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Solution is simple. We just air-drop Mac10s and M4s with 30 round magazines. Rednecks and the far right believe 100% that this can overthrow the military. Just get the civilians a little more freedumb, because obviously they can't overthrow their guberment because they don't have a 2nd amendment and honest values like beating people who are different.