Quantcast

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
After shredding those stranded bro-brahs with prop-wash-accelerated dried meats, you can string up what’s left of them (high in the trees to deter bears and a few motivated wolverines) to dry out and make hum-erky to sell to westy and maybe mandown. Pure profit.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
guy pulls up in what looks like a crusty barn find karman ghia an pops the trunk

Screenshot_20230825_215812_Instagram.jpg

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
My old Discovery has resurfaced, flipped through some pics or a friends Rubicon trip and sure enough, there she was. Most reliable vehicle I’ll probably ever own, turned into a total basket case for the guy I sold it to, heard it was scrapped, guess it wasn’t
DAB7963E-AD0C-4A0F-B44B-69CF65B2A616.jpeg

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I am 99% kill all cars 1% this thing

i remember seeing a clip on r@#$n talking with someone about singer and the cost for hp in a porsche 911 air cooled engines with 500 hp costing about 250k....

how would you feel about a 907

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
My old Discovery has resurfaced, flipped through some pics or a friends Rubicon trip and sure enough, there she was. Most reliable vehicle I’ll probably ever own, turned into a total basket case for the guy I sold it to, heard it was scrapped, guess it wasn’t View attachment 199685
i've always wanted a first generation discovery or a mid 80's range rover lwb....and convert all the power windows and door locks to manual...

and go throught cooiling and hope the engine never gets remotely hot...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
My old Discovery has resurfaced, flipped through some pics or a friends Rubicon trip and sure enough, there she was. Most reliable vehicle I’ll probably ever own, turned into a total basket case for the guy I sold it to, heard it was scrapped, guess it wasn’t View attachment 199685
Gotta love when you need several people dangling off the vehicle to keep it planted. Safety third!

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
Must not have lockers?
Had lockers when I sold it, but the Ring Gear left the chat a few weeks after I sold it, so who knows what’s going on

It desperately needed a rear seat at though, that I believe is why it needs a couple dudes to keep that corner down. The rear flexed way too much and the chassis was stiff enough that it liked to lift front tires.

i've always wanted a first generation discovery or a mid 80's range rover lwb....and convert all the power windows and door locks to manual...

and go throught cooiling and hope the engine never gets remotely hot...
I wish they were still cheap like they used to be. LWBs have always been overpriced, but now that everybody wants to be a cool tough overlander Discos have crept up too.

I’d choose a Disco over an RRC, and get an OBD2 one. RRC seats suck, and most of them are going to be OBD1, which was a mess as far as engine management. The later (Gems I think?) ECU was great. Electricity mine was flawless, only window issues I ever had were the roller wheels getting hard and cracking, easy fix. The cooling system was somehow fine, though I did cut some vents in the hood to keep temps down in the desert. I just wish I’d have stopped trying to make it a Swiss Army knife and left it as a cool wheeler, in the pursuit of going fast in the desert I started a snowball that ended in coil overs and a cage, made is ass to drive on the road and I lost interest in it.

Looking for a clean P38 right now because I’m dumb.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I’m genuinely baffled by some of the Rivian repair stories I’ve seen. Is it even possible for a car to be that hard to repair? Seems impossible unless they’re so hideously designed that that little dent somehow requires one to disassemble half the truck, but I guess it’s possible?
It is. Read an article about how Tesla has some giant press that forms the entire side of the vehicle in one piece. Ford is also going that way.

Also, sometimes on a side hit, if the battery is slightly banged up, they total the car.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
With Rivian repairs I watched or read something that highlighted the bed sides being a one piece panel into the cab made it very expensive/tough to repair. Versus a traditional pickup where the bed is completely separate.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
With Rivian repairs I watched or read something that highlighted the bed sides being a one piece panel into the cab made it very expensive/tough to repair. Versus a traditional pickup where the bed is completely separate.
My guess is repairing things is an afterthought at best. Seems strange for a company making pickups… or are they status symbols?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Who knew the neighbour’s kid throwing an errant pitch could total your 150k rivian :)

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
The Ridgeline, Hyundai truck, Maverick, and basically every car on the market is built the same way. Only thing I can assume is that Rivian won’t authorize whatever repair method is common on those. Just seems like such an obvious issue, blows my mind it’s gotten to this point

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
It is. Read an article about how Tesla has some giant press that forms the entire side of the vehicle in one piece. Ford is also going that way.

Also, sometimes on a side hit, if the battery is slightly banged up, they total the car.
tesla's get fixed....the place that straightened out the nose of my jetta hsd 4 or 5 there getting body work done....

whereas when a friend got a slight tap in the rear end of the prius she had a couple years ago....the insurance company totaled that right out....