Quantcast

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Or you could just buy a beetle.
My son really wants another. I bought him a '66 roller for his 16th birthday and we put a motor in it and he drove it through high school. He sold it shortly after and the dude who bought it did a body off full rebuild. He used to see it when he lived in town and it killed him every time. He forgot how much work it was to keep running. :rofl:

<edit> a 356 looks WAY cooler, but I want to do a Tesla Plaid dual motor setup rather than the VW.

Last edited:

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Could it be? BMW heading in a non horrible design direction? I really like this and if the next 3 series and new electrics will mirror this styling I’m all for it. The low beltline and large windows are a welcome throwback to some classic BMWs while still looking modern.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Could it be? BMW heading in a non horrible design direction? I really like this and if the next 3 series and new electrics will mirror this styling I’m all for it. The low beltline and large windows are a welcome throwback to some classic BMWs while still looking modern.

That looks kinda awesome. Maybe the most interesting thing I’ve seen in a while.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
The BMW looks like they asked some school kids to make a car body out of cardboard.
It's hideous, in my opinion of course.

From 07-
1693739703542.png

Last edited:

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
The BMW looks like they asked some school kids to make a car body out of cardboard.
It's hideous, in my opinion of course.

From 07-
View attachment 199972
From 83

Opinions and assholes I suppose, because that Chevy looks horrendous and ineptly designed to me. After all the excessive detailing and far too many creases over the last two decades that study looks excellent to me and yes, it’s a successful modern interpretation of classics like the sharknose 6 and 2002 in my eyes. A welcome change from the company that makes several of the ugliest cars on the road today.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
From 83

Opinions and assholes I suppose, because that Chevy looks horrendous and ineptly designed to me. After all the excessive detailing and far too many creases over the last two decades that study looks excellent to me and yes, it’s a successful modern interpretation of classics like the sharknose 6 and 2002 in my eyes. A welcome change from the company that makes several of the ugliest cars on the road today.
Just because it works here doesn't mean it works everywhere IMO.

bmw.jpg

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I am interested in what kind of materials they plan to use that will not melt inside that solar furnace.
Seems concepty to me. Can’t imagine it all being greenhouse glass in the end.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
New? The Magnuson used to be a dealer installed option for Toyota trucks, back before overlanders ruined everything by putting it on TikTok
after 20+ years...evidently it is s brand new model....

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle

Also: concept car
FWIW my wife’s car has this much glass, it’s fine. Between tiny and the sun shade it’s shockingly cool in the desert. You don’t leave it open when it’s 112 degrees for obvious reasons.

With the direction BMW has been going, zero chance that ever makes it past a digital render.

after 20+ years...evidently it is s brand new model....
They may be reintroducing them with some updates now that people spending six figures on a Tacoma is a thing. Nobody bought them for the second gen Tacomas, and Toyota declined to offer it for the Tundra. I believe they stopped supporting it in 2013. IIRC it was a nearly $5000 option on my $32000 truck, for a pretty marginal power increase.

The earlier ones that had a 7th fuel injector and smaller pulley were rad. A buddy had one on his 3.4l t100, with a new clutch is was a ripper, and then it turned the entire clutch into a plume of smoke. Because they were dealer installed and covered by the factory warranty Toyota made them turn it down for the 4.0, and ruined it.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
FWIW my wife’s car has this much glass, it’s fine. Between tiny and the sun shade it’s shockingly cool in the desert. You don’t leave it open when it’s 112 degrees for obvious reasons.
my jetta wagon has the panoramic sunroof with the fabric sunshade that self destructs...

when i inquired about getting it replaced at a shop that does car interiors i was given a razor blade and told to cut it out.

he could take me for a grand and i would just be replacing it again in a couple of years.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
You people seem to know porsches, I saw one a few days back that looked a touch like a Ford Taurus with a fake rear diffuser.
Any ideas what it might have been?

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
If they make a sporty 2 door, I would seriously consider it.

Looks seriously good, as does the regular ID2. It's up there with the best Golf generations in my eyes (1, 2 and 7 for me). Far too late to market unfortunately and they should have gone with that design language from the get go for their EVs instead of the werid bulbous mess of the current models.