Quantcast

The New and Improved Who are you, where do you live, and what do you ride thread.

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
My name's Jenn. I sleep in McLean, VA. I ride a black Gemini that will probably never be clean again, after two weekends at Snowshoe. I ride mostly at the 'Shed and Gambrill. You will never find me at Fountainhead. I can't hack it. Sometimes for fun I ride a 70's three-speed Raleigh Suburban on asphalt paths and whatnot.

VA2SLOride

Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
Scott. Former resident of Springfield/Harrisonburg/Blacksburg where I cut my teeth riding. I now live in CA and still ride a not-so-cool Giant Warp that the only original parts on it are the quick-release for the seat and the stem. CA is cool and all, but I miss the east like you wouldn't believe. I make maps for a living, which is a kickass job but I get paid crap. Oh yeah... 28 years young and loving it.

1SurlyRider

Chimp
Jun 24, 2004
Springfield Va
The names Dan, I ride your mom... and a Surly Instagator (real men ride orange bikes) I live in Springfield VA. I usally ride Acotink, Foutain head, and any trails in the area, Patapsco is always a good time. but yeah thats the deal.

hardtailer88

Chimp
Jul 11, 2004
Bethesda MD
Im Will
I live right outside Bethesda,MD
I ride a Snipes Elemental/DJ1 and an 03 Jamis Dakar xc comp which I plan on making a 4x type ride if thats possible, and Santa Cruz Superlight
I ride urban in Bethesda+DC and Dirtjump, I pretend to ride Northshore, and I ride gambrill potapsco scheffer farms...want to start Downhilling at the Watershed.
Im 15.7 years old and I go to Whitman
PM me if youre headin to the shed this weekend!

2piece

Chimp
May 30, 2004
Wake Forest, NC.
Formerly RDU.
I'm moving to Wake Forest, NC. in late October. Currently live in in a small BFE town call Angier and can't wait to bail this place ;) I work for a major telecommunication company as a fiber tech in Raleigh, NC. I ride a 04 Turner DHR. Unfortunately, my job is keeping the rig in the garage more than ever:(

welsh0913

Chimp
Jul 4, 2004
Rockville, Maryland
My name is John. I ride a completely stock Specialized Hardrock Sport (purchased it a weeks ago with my first paychecks :D ). Iam 16 years old and a rising senior at Richard Montgomery Highschool. I've been riding for really a week. Only trails I've been on so far has been Schaeffer Farm and the Cabin John Trails.

My bike.

A pic from my first crash :o I attempted a ~ 3-4 foot drop into creek bed at the cabin john trail. My front wheel snagged a root and I want over the bar =\

I'm Chris, I'm from Delaware where mountain biking doesn't really exist, but i've been going to Virgina Tech for the last 5 years (I might graduate someday) and the riding around here is great. I'm 23 and I ride a .243 and a Schwinn bmx. I've also got my Gary Fisher Tassajara frame and some parts laying around from when I started mountain biking in 2000. Here are a couple pictures:

2piece

Chimp
May 30, 2004
Wake Forest, NC.
BrokenKrank said:
I'm Chris, I'm from Delaware where mountain biking doesn't really exist, but i've been going to Virgina Tech for the last 5 years (I might graduate someday) and the riding around here is great. I'm 23 and I ride a .243 and a Schwinn bmx. I've also got my Gary Fisher Tassajara frame and some parts laying around from when I started mountain biking in 2000. Here are a couple pictures:

Great pics;)
My older brother teaches in the mathamatics department in Va. Tech. Mostly online teaching stuff. Maybe you know him? Dr. Mike Kang (phd)

RATM

Monkey
Aug 5, 2004
Washington DC area
Name, Isaac, age 29, live in North Springfield, ride a 2004 orange/black Heckler, with z1 FR forks, and also have a Cannondale Chase, now that's my whole lotta fun bike.

How in the hell do you add a picture?

el_gordo

Chimp
Jun 13, 2004
DC (Da Capital)
Name is Gordon, working on my 38th year of existence.
Been living in Williamsburg for the past 2 years, spend most of my time riding Freedom Park and Waller Mill (before the hurricane), although work takes me to DC a couple of times a month so I've also been riding (gasping??? ;) ) Fountainhead when I get the chance. I also rode up at SnowShoe and Massanutten this summer, with a return trip to SS planned in September (hey, someone has to race in the "Beginner" class).
I've got a Ironhorse Downhill Pro, tweaked Trek Liquid, and a Fisher 29er.
I need to find out more about the Shed, but I'll ask about that in another thread (no rhyme intended). :help:

tater

Chimp
Aug 9, 2004
name is ryan, 19 years old (20 in a month). i live in kearneysville, wv.
i ride an 04 kona blast, my first real mtn bike. i'm building an urban/freeride bike hopefully later this year.
i've only been riding for about a month, but I'm loving it so far. i've been riding mostly watershed and a little bit of gambril. looking for some other people to ride with, at the shed or other surrounding areas.

farrell

Monkey
Aug 24, 2004
DC
Andrew, 24
Ballston VA (Arlington)
ride:
weyless 67, marzochi super t (yeah I killed that one)
Haro DHR (blue, sooo prety)
Trek VRX, marzochi z1 (yeah killed that one too)
Fuel, if it ever showes up
Canondale hard tail

couple o other crappy ones I like to play on

I ride allot at schaffer after work, and up at the watershed other times. Always looking for new places and peopel to ride with. If any one has any good places for DH/freeride or very technical XC I’d be interested.

Zilla

Chimp
Aug 20, 2004
Dreaming
My name is Angela. I live in G-burg, MD. I ride a Stinky, Trek Fuel, and some road bike that I can't remember the name of cause I barely ever ride it. I usually ride at Schaeffer on the weekdays after work and Gambrill and the shed on the weekends unless Im out of town riding somewhere else!

phatphilly

Chimp
Dec 26, 2003
Kensington, MD
My name is Francis i live in Kensington, MD and ride ss eureka w/ hooworms and i usually ride in and around bethesda, djs and occasionaly dc and vans.

anyone live near bethesda and likes urban & djs pm me

Paris

Monkey
Aug 24, 2004
The Commonwealth
name: Taeo AKA Paris

i'm the blingest of the bling-bling freeriders (so i've been told)

Currently own:

Intense:

M-1
Tazer
Uzzi DH
EVP 5.5
M-3 coming soon...

apparently i have a thing for asian chicks (so i've been told)

chick-et-china-the-chinese-chicken, you have?

mirage542

Chimp
Aug 30, 2004
I'm Harrison i go to OAkton High
BIkes- 03 Norco VPS Drop, 03 boxxer race, fox vanilla rc
03 Azonic DS1, 04 marzocchi exr coil, single speed

Anybody know of any good freeride/downhill spots in Northern VA/ Maryland

1SurlyRider

Chimp
Jun 24, 2004
Springfield Va
Yo,

I'm Dan, I live in Alexandria, and go to school in Norfolk...aka the flatest place on earth. I work at a bike shop, and at Night Vision labs for the Army. I'm 20, 21 on st. pattys day, if i live that long... haha. no pics since apparently ridmonkey cant handle my size..... of pics.

Sep 18, 2004
virginia.......
what up guys..........
name. Bobert
bikes: Souped (yes thats right i said "souped") up 03' enduro comp (the list of upgrades is to long to put on here), haro bmx bike
I want a kona stinky 05', kona coiler 05' , a specialized big hit 05', or a santa cruz VP free.........so many to choose and there all expensive as hell
- In my riding time i like to ride the jumps and ladders at my house and enjoy riding snowshoe, wisp, and wintergreen
-I live in fairfax county

I really have no idea why im writing on this thread its not like anyone reads the last page.........If ur reading this you are either related to me or you need a hobbie......I suggest glueing quaters to the floor, thats gansta

Sep 18, 2004
virginia.......
ha shows how much you know fatty fatty Mcfad fat I have been to wintergreen just not with you LOSER! And by the way your new bike its ugly!!!!! and and u know what else I hate coming over to your house cause all you do is play vice city and make me clean up your living room

so ha i win go drowned in a bath tub :eviltongu

May 31, 2004
well at least i dont go to "urban sessions" in dc and really mean give hand jobs on pennsylvania avenue in exchange for freinds

.................bitch

Sep 18, 2004
virginia.......
andre........ur the one who is always saying GUYS GUYS lets go to DC and do some urban
rest of the people: umm no andre were embarresed to be seen with you

O Gad
yeah thats right o and andre your mom was horrible last night tell her I want better! sure shes cheap but lets put a little more effort into it next time ;)

May 31, 2004
Bobby this has gone on tooo long, were gonna settle this on the dance floor..... ur gonna get served B

LETS SEE U DAAANNNCCCEE SUCKA
U GOT NOTHING ON ME

ridensmile

Chimp
Sep 26, 2004
fairfax va
name crawford
bike trek 4300 exr northshore cranks mavic wheels haydes hfxmag 8in the front 6in back it is a single gear in the front sram power glide 9 speed in back
xt shifter and derailure
if there is any one out there lookin to get rid of a large frame that doesnt suck for the love of god pm me
my frame is a collection of parts on a crappy frame
help me

rec

Chimp
Oct 1, 2004
Central Va.
Richard (REC)
Charlottesville Va
2003 Jamis Eureka, w/Maxxis Hookworm tires. They rock!
41 Looks like I am the old man so far
I ride walnut creek for XC and UVA grounds for urban