Quantcast

The New Bike (Giant Glory)

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
What did you do to get the BB that low?
Please let me know because I would love to do the same.

Thanks......
Dropped the Crowns down .5" to .75" on the Fox 40. Changed out spring and that is were the BB height was when I measured it. It also changed the HT angel to 65 degrees where I wanted it. Didn't do too much. I did drop the bar ride height down over 2". This made the bike feel way better than the stock ride height.

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
Same problem....different approach??

I let someone else take the hit on depreciation on the frame. I've stuck some Minions on it, a softer spring, some new grips and i have no idea what it weighs - the only thing i intend to do to the bike is ride it into the ground (roll on Ft.William opening weekend)!! Just as nature intended

apologies for overly large photo

supros88

Chimp
Feb 12, 2004
Australia
Dropped the Crowns down .5" to .75" on the Fox 40. Changed out spring and that is were the BB height was when I measured it. It also changed the HT angel to 65 degrees where I wanted it. Didn't do too much. I did drop the bar ride height down over 2". This made the bike feel way better than the stock ride height.
So you mean that you changed the spring on the shock to lower the BB & slacken the HT angle, & slid the crowns down on the staintions .25 of a inch?

Thanks for the help

stgil888

Monkey
Jun 16, 2004
Malibu, CA
Anyone notice that the Glory's glory hole is not centered in the downtube? The whole rear suspension assembly is assymetrical! I didn't realize until I ripped my DHX out to get it Pushed.

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
So what are you guys running for rear shock setup. I'm around 6ft 180lbs on a 17" frame. I'm running the stock spring, with no propedal, volume adjuster so I can just see the second grey line and about 100 psi in the chamber.

Curious to see how other people are running theirs. (also boxxer wc with 145 psi)

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
So what are you guys running for rear shock setup. I'm around 6ft 180lbs on a 17" frame. I'm running the stock spring, with no propedal, volume adjuster so I can just see the second grey line and about 100 psi in the chamber.

Curious to see how other people are running theirs. (also boxxer wc with 145 psi)
wow thats low pressure in your world cup. im running 150lbs and im only 160

f0ggy

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
Ca
Yo, Im thinking about getting a glory because theres a good priced one on PB, its a size small 16.5" do you think thats going to be too small for me? Im your size at 5'11". Im super short on dough so im just tryin to scope out any good deals I can. What were your old wheels on there?

Thanks

f0ggy

ps- if anyones selling a sunday or glory pm me

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....

I would tell you, but i've no idea! 0 propedal and volume adjuster in the same place as yours (had to adjust that up from zero at ft.bill) but haven't got a shock pump yet!
Anyone know the sort of PSI a 140lb skinny boy should start with?

Cheers, Mark

Lollapalooza

Monkey
Jan 22, 2007
I just rode a Glory the other day. I didn't really notice the weight because it pedaled so well. The bike I rode absolutely ripped. I know what I'm getting next year (when they supposedly drop the frame weight two pounds).

Edit: That bike is really sick. I really like the Outlaws. They fit in perfectly.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
hey guys, just wait till the 08's come out in a few weeks. i already have mine on order. they said i should get it in august. its so sick.... u will see.

Frorider1

Monkey
Apr 28, 2006
I just read the through the 08 catalog.

Glory DH isn't much different except for the blue ano 729's.

Glory 0 comes with a 66RC3 and ROCO TST, looks really good.
He is right, I will try to scan some pictures from the catalog. Also you can buy the glory frame set for 08. I dont have the pricing on it yet. All glory frames will be availible in late september, so I imagine thats when the completes will be availible.. Ohh yeah there is also two models of the glory 0, I cant remember then name of the other one but its silver with a pink 8 on the tt.

sheabiker

Chimp
Jul 31, 2007
thanks man but a the KHS DH TEAM finnally came through and gave me a bike thanks for everything though.
shea jordan

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
how much are you slacking these out ?
ive got about a half inch of tube through the upper crown which is right on top of the headset.
any shock adjustment reccomendations air pressure reccomendations. i just got a 06 with a 4.0 on it so no chamber adjustment.

all i have to say is those stock bars raceface evolve dh are the only bars ive ever bent but i did hit a tree . bike is so much nicer with 27" bars.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
how much are you slacking these out ?
ive got about a half inch of tube through the upper crown which is right on top of the headset.
any shock adjustment reccomendations air pressure reccomendations. i just got a 06 with a 4.0 on it so no chamber adjustment.

all i have to say is those stock bars raceface evolve dh are the only bars ive ever bent but i did hit a tree . bike is so much nicer with 27" bars.
I had 1/4 spacer in the middle of the headset and top crown and a 1/8 spacer in the middle of the top crown and the stem. The stantions were out about 1/2 inch over the top crown. I was running Easton EA70 low rise DH bars. The head angle was dead set on 65d.