Quantcast

the official Toshi is reformed thread

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I used my Washlet. and you all need to come to (teh baby) Jeebus and embrace it.

and by that I mean use it in the normal manner, not wrap your arms around the seat. nvmd.

anyway, it is purity. it is goodness. and if any of you have a 120V by your toilet and are curious, I will buy you a Washlet for Christmas, seriously. offer applies to the first person interested. :D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I used my Washlet. and you all need to come to (teh baby) Jeebus and embrace it.

and by that I mean use it in the normal manner, not wrap your arms around the seat. nvmd.

anyway, it is purity. it is goodness. and if any of you have a 120V by your toilet and are curious, I will buy you a Washlet for Christmas, seriously. offer applies to the first person interested. :D
i dub it The Toshitter

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
you've been on Jones Pass, no?
I see a few of those over there. Freeriding and approaching/shuttling ski laps.
Not in the winter. They're everywhere there's snow these days. They've been around for about 10 years now. Polaris bought out the company that invented the system about 5-6 years ago.

The power to weight ratio is less than sleds, the surface area is less than sleds......I don't know, I just don't see the point. They turn weird with that long ass end on harder snow so they're not exactly just like a dirtbike on snow. Plus no gyroscopic front wheel affect.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
seems like the draw for them would be to convert between wheels and ski/track setup with the same underlying chassis, no?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
seems like the draw for them would be to convert between wheels and ski/track setup with the same underlying chassis, no?
People certainly do. On shallower snow you can sidehill all day long in places where a traditional snowmobile is more awkward. When the snow is good though, there's nothing awkward about modern sleds. They are the 'designed for the purpose' machine after all...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I have been closely monitoring this post. I must say I have not been swayed in anyway. I would volunteer to put forth some level of suggested sanctions.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
@stoney is this you leaving HR in a storm or what?!

I will neither confirm nor deny my ability to make my car go the direction I want it to in the snow, while it may or may not be pointed in said direction, while listening to the soundtrack from Encanto.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I will neither confirm nor deny my ability to make my car go the direction I want it to in the snow, while it may or may not be pointed in said direction, while listening to the soundtrack from Encanto.
I love breaking the Land Cruiser loose in corners (at like 10 mph) on heavy snow days in the neighborhood, when it’s an hour when no dog walkers or anyone is around to brave the cold. The wife does not enjoy this

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I love breaking the Land Cruiser loose in corners (at like 10 mph) on heavy snow days in the neighborhood, when it’s an hour when no dog walkers or anyone is around to brave the cold. The wife does not enjoy this
newsflash: no one in your neighborhood enjoys this

this is what happens when you dont race go karts. Weird middle aged outbursts from a life of self imposed repression

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
newsflash: no one in your neighborhood enjoys this

this is what happens when you dont race go karts. Weird middle aged outbursts from a life of self imposed repression
No one is around, no one knows. Except me.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
When you google TOSHI + POOPING this po(O)ps up...

#JustSaying
1678173867215.png

1678173592365.png

WellPoop is yucky. As a rule, yuckiness is socially constructed, but poop is different. Our dislike of the stuff is hardwired into us. Neuroscientists confirmed this in an experiment designed to locate regions of the brain involved in “the response to disgusting stimuli presented in the olfactory modality.”1 Poop’s yuckiness is an insistent plea for us to stay away; it protects us from the critters that live in it and could cause illness or even death if ingested. yuckiness is good, at least with regard to poop. At the same time, poop is more than just yucky; it’s necessary, too, and not just in the usual sense of giving form to food the body cannot or will not digest. Babies are born with sterile guts. They must acquire intestinal microflora for their immune systems to develop properly. They pick up these vital bacteria from Mommy’s feces on the journey through the birth canal or, barring that, from unwittingly helpful caregivers and well-wishers in the maternity ward.2Poop’s yuckiness presents a challenge to the aspiring historian of shit. In Tokugawa and Meiji Japan, people readily acknowledged the essential yuckiness of poop, but they also looked beyond it and indeed embraced shit as an object of utility. In the pages that follow, I will discuss a number of possible topics for a comprehensive history of shit in Japan. In every case, my emphasis will be on shit as something useful—a source of benefit for the individual and the nation. I will, moreover, meditate briefly on notions of the nature of excrement—the shittiness of shit—particularly from an agronomic perspective. yet, at the end of the day, despite the rich variety of angles from which to look at it, it’s still shit we’re talking about—yucky poop, disgusting as ever in the olfactory modality.

Last edited: