Quantcast

the random thought thread

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Ooof, technology.
Bought some headphones for my Nephew for Christmas, figured I'd see if they work and update the firmware.
Go to download the Android app and read that it only works on their enterprise headsets.

Download the PC software, try to start it, reboot the computer, uninstall and reinstall, try to open the program again only to find that you have to find a tiny icon on the Task bar to get it to open.
Open it, doesn't recognise the headphones, plug in the dongle, follow the instructions, finds the dongle, can play music with or without the dongle but the software doesn't recognise the headphones.
I'll assume the software was made when EPOS was part of Sennheiser, only the Germans could make something so unnecessarily difficult.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It's absurd the amount of time and fuel wasted on cleaning up leaves every fall.
Agreed. And the god damn people that use their leafs blowers at 7am. :think:

Part of Toronto, up until now, had a program where residents could simply rake all the leaves to the curb and then the city would come and vacuum them up. They canceled it this year and will save 2 million dollaroohs.

I don't rake or do any of it. In the spring I just mow over whatever is on the lawn. Granted, we don't have a lot of leaf clutter on the ground but still. Some people on my street will rake and have 20+ of those huge brown bags full of leaves. Jesus, thats a lot of time and effort to do that.

Mr Kitters likes the raked leafs though...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I don't have many leaves to deal with but I have to pull out a few metric tons of fir needles from my gutters every few months.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
It's absurd the amount of time and fuel wasted on cleaning up leaves every fall.
There's only three or four deciduous trees in Australia, it's good.
But people seem to love planting Liquid Ambers and Jacarandas, fuck those little spiky balls, they fill your downpipes and hurt your feet.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
There's only three or four deciduous trees in Australia, it's good.
But people seem to love planting Liquid Ambers and Jacarandas, fuck those little spiky balls, they fill your downpipes and hurt your feet.
What kind of jalopy do you have that allows organic crap through the turbo, intercooler, engine and then the turbo again, before hitting your downpipe???

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I find it annoying when words with inverting prefixes are more commonly used than the root words. I would be gruntled if those roots were used more often

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I think those are just crabs and a tangle of pubes
bro

that's australia

I don't know what that is but it's probably land crab spider pubes that evolved over a millenia specifically to eat your face. Like literally your specific genetically coded face. Because it's australia. And every living thing there is a dick. A highly formulated, more planned out than the history of humanity could have predicted dick.

no context freebie

kidwoo said:
A highly formulated, more planned out than the history of humanity could have predicted dick

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
bro

that's australia

I don't know what that is but it's probably land crab spider pubes that evolved over a millenia specifically to eat your face. Like literally your specific genetically coded face. Because it's australia. And every living thing there is a dick. A highly formulated, more planned out than the history of humanity could have predicted dick.
But Australia is also infested with Australians.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I bought some deodorant that claims to be the "OG".

I think white people need their own version of "The OG".
Thinkin' something like ORLT, Original Rapey Land Theif, we need something that tells of our past.

I'm a love/hate relationship with Python. I love all the things it allows me to do (especially in Infrastructure as Code), but I fucking hate it when dependency resolving becomes an absolute nightmare.
Oog. Windows is dumping VBscript, which I use to do this and that, thinking of using Python to replace, only time I have used it was screwing around with a Raspberry Pi a number of years back.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Oog. Windows is dumping VBscript, which I use to do this and that, thinking of using Python to replace, only time I have used it was screwing around with a Raspberry Pi a number of years back.
If you use the WSL2 subsystem keeping Python updated is a lot easier on Windows. My main gripe with it is because I don't have root in our Linux dev server and whenever something goes outdated my builds fail and I have to start chasing the guys with the necessary privileges.

Once you're a SysAdmin falling into regular user territory feels horrible.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
It's always good when you're singing "Young and keen, flick my bean, I am the dancing queen."
And your office woman is looking at you weird.

Singing the wrong lyrics is how I cope with listening to the shit workshop radio station.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
It's always my fault until it isn't

Ruth could not find her set of the truck keys. She proclaimed that I must have misplaced them because she always puts them in the key drawer where they belong. so after two days of checking everywhere in the house and the truck I asked do you mind if i check your purse? she said go ahead I have emptied it twice and they are not in there. It took me 30 seconds to find and pull them out of one of the smaller compartments of her purse. I may have gloated a bit :cheers:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I'm an idiot, mumbled the words I'm a mechanic when talking to French tourists.
Next minute I'm under their 1970`s Toyota camper which sports a shitty Aussie made engine trying to follow the vacuum lines.
Turned out the dude had fit new vacuum lines but messed up the breather and vacuum line so if he put his foot on the brake the engine would almost stall, haha!