Quantcast

\\\Third Dump GMT///

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I would rather you spend that money on beer, babes, bikes, and early retirement.

Mine too - original kitchen from 1987. We did have to replace the fridge and dishwasher, so we have *some* stainless. But the formica counters are starting to delam. Guess I should probably break out the construction adhesive and clamps. :D
Kitchen in my new place was redone 10-15 years ago. More than nice enough for my lifetime, but not nice enough that other prospective buyers probably penciled in a remodel budget when making offers.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
My kitchen is from 1970s, custom built isht incl. matching door and window jambs. Yellow vinyl floor, yellow counters, yellow wallpaper, original ancient dishwasher. Some say it is hideous but I like it the way it is. :D

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
@StiHacka was correct, I do need a longer dropper post. Thinking about picking up a KS Lev Integra. Don't want to blow a ton of cash on it and I've had two other KS posts with no major issues.

Last nights group ride had a weird vibe to it. One of the guys we ride with owns a bike shop and was pretty standoffish when he saw my new bike. He only sells Giant pretty much and I just didn't want a Giant. Same guy flipped out later when he saw one of the new trails that is being dug in the forest (by one of his employees, no less...). He took literally took off half way through the ride and was gone when we all got back to the cars. Weird...
dude... no love for my Reverb? 150mm. I'll let it go for very cheap for a RM bro...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
@slyfink did you put another dropper post on your Patrol? What's the internal cable routing like, is it a crapshoot or are their guides in the frame?
I put a LEV integra in. There's no issue at all if you're using a "virgin" hose. Tranny's have TITS (Tubes inside Tubes). The only thing is you have to route the hose from the front, so it can't have any barbs or anything preinstalled. If, for example, you were to buy my Reverb, you would have to run a fresh length of hydraulic hose, and then bleed the system.

Yeah, I know Reverb's suck. I'll never sell that goddam thing.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

My rainy day is off to an amazing start. I shall celebrate it with a trip to the shed. If anyone is looking for me, I am not here.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
dude... no love for my Reverb? 150mm. I'll let it go for very cheap for a RM bro...
Its very tempting, I put your ad into my watch list. But all the Reverbs I've ridden (they were on pretty much every demo bike at Dirtfest) have felt like poop. I don't know if its just the one I have or not, but the one that came on my bike is atrociously slow at extending in the cold weather. As soon as I bring it inside and it warms up, it snaps back up. I don't like the lever button position either...

I also like that the KS is user serviceable, to a certain extent.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I put a LEV integra in. There's no issue at all if you're using a "virgin" hose. Tranny's have TITS (Tubes inside Tubes). The only thing is you have to route the hose from the front, so it can't have any barbs or anything preinstalled. If, for example, you were to buy my Reverb, you would have to run a fresh length of hydraulic hose, and then bleed the system.

Yeah, I know Reverb's suck. I'll never sell that goddam thing.
TITS.......sweeeeet.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
@canadmos The KS Lev Integra is what I have. Been sent back for warranty repair once, but with quick turn around time. One thing to keep an eye on is the air pressure. If it's too low it will creep down on bumpy trails. With the right pressure it returns with a "bang" as it slaps yer taint with authority.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
So took the kids to disney land yesterday. I fucking hate that place, so many people without kids. But on the way home it rained a little and i was cruising at 80mph, noone around. When i see a shower of sparks to my right and a headlight in a weird place. hitting the brakes while realizing it was a SUV rolling across the highway. It came up so fast and i wasn't stopping fast enough due to the wet concrete. I knew i would hit him without doing something so i turned towards him and he came down in front of me then rolled out of the way as i went around him in a shower of glass and trash and crunching plastic. So i whipped around him and stopped maybe 60-100 feet past. He stoped on his passenger side in the fast lane. I jumped out and ran back to pull two young guys out through the sunroof i ripped out. Then they pulled the girl out of the back seat. I didnt even see her. So i didnt rescue the girl, bummer. Kids were real shook up and worried about how mad his dad would be. I told him everyone was ok and his dad would get over it in six months. Shook up me and the wife real good. It was dam close. Kids didnt even wake up, WIN.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So took the kids to disney land yesterday. I fucking hate that place, so many people without kids. But on the way home it rained a little and i was cruising at 80mph, noone around. When i see a shower of sparks to my right and a headlight in a weird place. hitting the brakes while realizing it was a SUV rolling across the highway. It came up so fast and i wasn't stopping fast enough due to the wet concrete. I knew i would hit him without doing something so i turned towards him and he came down in front of me then rolled out of the way as i went around him in a shower of glass and trash and crunching plastic. So i whipped around him and stopped maybe 60-100 feet past. He stoped on his passenger side in the fast lane. I jumped out and ran back to pull two young guys out through the sunroof i ripped out. Then they pulled the girl out of the back seat. I didnt even see her. So i didnt rescue the girl, bummer. Kids were real shook up and worried about how mad his dad would be. I told him everyone was ok and his dad would get over it in six months. Shook up me and the wife real good. It was dam close. Kids didnt even wake up, WIN.

DashCam or STFU

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Nice August-like ride tonight, temperatures in upper 60s but a bit humid. Did 13 miles, 9 with a friend on techy stuff with some hike-a-bike around trees fallen during Monday storm. I don't have the balls for sketchy drops in the dark, yet. WFH tomorrow = a nice daylight right should be happening.

Got to Merli Sarnoski too late to ride.

Frances Slocum State Park turned out to be closed for the season with regard to camping.

Made a run for Troegs in Hershey after tagging up with Tim, ate supper here, drank some beer and bought a couple of cases, now holed up in the wheeled hovel, where I'll spend the night.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
yes!!! while looking for my waterproof winter gloves I found a box of bike parts that has been missing since we moved here 5 years ago. It had the shifters to convert my road bike from a double to a triple front chain ring set up if I want to. It also had the missing speedplay pedal and a set of Spuds. A whole bunch of water bottle cages, the pads for my aero bars and a long throw front derailer.

and I found the winter gloves nearby

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
:disgust1:
sounds like you leaf hating people need moar speed, moar suspensionz!!!!! steep, rutted, babyhead-littered trails in wilsons are eleventy-billion times more fun this time of year!

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I have 0 hands on time with Festool stuff. Is it worth the premium? Or is it like the Craftsman vs. Snap-On argument?
Try and find a festool retailer near you, they will be glad to demo the fancy stuff for you :)

If you do a lot of sanding, most people would say that their sanders are top notch.