Quantcast

This weeks edition of "It's not about race".

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
apart from being dead wrong (for if he were right, he would have to also make the spurious claim conservatism is de facto bi-polar) krugman types would have re-distribution by legal fiat under the guise of 'greater good'. closer to the truth is 'we keep minorities in check through sweeping policies that disproportionately affect minorities'

i'm not going to get into well-poisoning w/ krugman; just there are alternatives to his point of view that have a better long view that actually promote general welfare

now go guzzle some beer based purely upon its color, and not its content. we need more conformity of action, not of thought!

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
so who's the most racist?

liberals/leftists: "minorities are too dumb to take care of themselves; we'll do it for them & keep them from turning on us"
conservatives: "minorities need to quite whining about how downtrodden they are in this land of milk & honey, and clean up their own back yard, but are just too lazy to do it (also, co-opt anything the Cos says)"
libertarians: "minorities can do whatever they want; let them eat <enter ethnic food here>"

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Yes. This is EXACTLY how the liberal/leftist community thinks. It's the same reason I feed my dogs. So they don't eat me. :rolleyes:
you *own* dogs? and feed them food that you wouldn't eat? and shelter them how *you* see fit? and don't engage them in deep meaningful conversation, because to do so would be a waste of time/energy? and make sure you run them? and then discipline them w/ the rod (which is very rare, and only done to put their mind right)? and give them a name that you came up with? and brag to friends & family how "i got me a good one right here"?

damn, dude.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
http://www.forwardprogressives.com/south-dakota-republican-says-businesses-allowed-refuse-service-blacks/

South Dakota lawmaker Phil Jensen supported a bill that would essentially make it legal for businesses to go back to the pre-civil rights days where they refused service to &#8220;blacks,&#8221; as he calls them.

&#8220;If someone was a member of the Ku Klux Klan, and they were running a little bakery for instance, the majority of us would find it detestable that they refuse to serve blacks, and guess what? In a matter of weeks or so that business would shut down because no one is going to patronize them.&#8221;

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
^^^ i'd say "let it ride" & shame them, but there are unfortunately a great number for whom this would have no effect. in fact, it would give them street cred in their set

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
http://crooksandliars.com/2014/03/white-man-s-march-events-draw-smattering

Kyle Hunt had grand visions of thousands of white men coming out of the woodwork this weekend to stand up and defend their interests in a public march that would grab the nation&#8217;s attention. Like a lot of such plans, things didn&#8217;t exactly work out that way.

Hunt, a 30-year-old former Google employee currently living in Massachusetts, promoted the &#8220;White Man&#8217;s March&#8221; this past weekend through a variety of white supremacist outlets, including his own outfit, Renegade Broadcasting, an Internet radio station devoted to covering &#8220;the destruction of the white race.&#8221; The plan was to hold the main event in New York City, with satellite marches occurring in various other cities around the country.

The marches, Hunt claimed, were a response to fears that white people are being &#8220;mocked, displaced and violently attacked&#8221; through an insidious liberal idea known as &#8220;diversity.&#8221;

But no one seems to have actually marched in the &#8220;#whitemanmarch.&#8221; It was more of a series of brief banner displays and Twitter photo postings of racist flyers and stickers affixed to various objects around the country. The banners were large red-and-white affairs reading &#8220;Diversity = White Genocide&#8221;.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
orange might be the new black for him?

"OK, so I mean, 'cause I'm not, I'm not one of those Chicago or Detroit type (of) folk," Cannon told the agent, apparently referring to high-profile corruption cases in those cities.

Cannon ended the conversation by saying he looked good "in an orange necktie, but not an orange suit," according to the complaint.
resigns.

disappointed there's no "bitch set me up' video...

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I can certainly believe that there is pervasive racism in Israel. The country's (post-Balfour) identity is based on race identity.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
When the Supreme Court ruled 5-4 to overturn a key section of the Voting Rights Act last June, Justice Ruth Ginsburg warned that getting rid of the measure was like "throwing away your umbrella in a rainstorm because you are not getting wet." The 1965 law required that lawmakers in states with a history of discriminating against minority voters get federal permission before changing voting rules. Now that the Supreme Court has invalidated this requirement, GOP l
I wondered how the GOP in NC was able to get the new voting law passed. Un-fvcking real.

The GOP, especially the Southern ones, are Hell bent on taking us backwards as a culture. Infusing religion with government at any chance they get, while screaming about upholding the constitution. Restricting women's rights while complaining about a government that has grown too big and intrusive.

At this rate, creationism will be the mandatory curriculum in public schools. Hopefully I'll be long dead by the time the "chosen" offspring start running things...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
http://priceonomics.com/how-americans-hate-each-other/

with race-related motivation getting top billing, it's worth noting there were exactly 2 anti-heterosexual hate crimes, and 1 anti-atheist hate crime. also, with whitey committing just over half of the crimes, that under-represents that portion of the population. we have miles to go if we want to get any cred from the EDL

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Oh this is good.....not

http://time.com/72881/ku-klux-klan-neighborhood-watch-pennsylvania-town/?hpt=hp_t3

'It’s just like any neighborhood watch program. It’s not targeting any specific ethnicity,' says the Fairview Township chapter president. The group has distributed flyers around the neighborhood that read: 'You can sleep tonight knowing the Klan is awake'

A local chapter of one of the country’s most infamous white supremacist groups has launched a neighborhood watch in a Pennsylvania town.

Frank Ancona, the “imperial wizard” and president of the Traditionalist American Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, said leaders of the local chapter in Fairview Township, Penn. got approval from the national organization to form the watch, PennLive reports.

Ancona said the watch group was formed in response to a series of break-ins. “It’s just like any neighborhood watch program. It’s not targeting any specific ethnicity. We would report anything we see to law enforcement,” he said. “We don’t hate people. We are an organization that looks out for our race. We believe in racial separation. God created each species after its kind and saw that it was good.”

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/24/us/politics/rancher-proudly-breaks-the-law-becoming-a-hero-in-the-west.html?_r=0

&#8220;I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,&#8221; he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, &#8220;and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids &#8212; and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch &#8212; they didn&#8217;t have nothing to do. They didn&#8217;t have nothing for their kids to do. They didn&#8217;t have nothing for their young girls to do.

&#8220;And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?&#8221; he asked. &#8220;They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I&#8217;ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn&#8217;t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.&#8221;
:derp: