Quantcast

This weeks edition of "It's not about race".

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Notorious KKK Leader Frazier Glenn Miller Was Once Caught Doing ‘Rather Salacious’ Things With a Black Male Prostitute

Frazier Glenn Miller, the former Ku Klux Klan "grand dragon" and proud anti-Semite accused of killing three people outside Kansas Jewish centers earlier this month, was not always so strict about his discrimination, at least in private. Before becoming an FBI informant, Miller, who had founded North Carolina's White Patriot Party, was caught in a compromising position — in the backseat of a car — with a black man, doing things a federal prosecutor is not comfortable saying out loud.
:rofl:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
LOS ANGELES (The Borowitz Report)—The Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling offered a “total and remorseful” apology for his racist comments today, telling reporters, “Once I saw that Donald Trump was defending me, I knew I had done something horribly wrong.”

Sterling acknowledged that he had turned a blind eye to a mountain of criticism from basketball luminaries and national leaders, but said that seeing Trump defend him on Fox News on Monday had left him “shaken.”

“Look, I know I’m not perfect,” he said. “But when Donald Trump takes your side, you have to take a long, hard look in the mirror and ask yourself, ‘Have I become some kind of monster?’”
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/2014/04/donald-sterling-apologizes.html?mobify=0

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
the feigned outrage over a known racist slumlord......who also happens to be a NBA team owner.....seems most of the owners/players are fvcking ignorant.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
well i think this just further underscores how we all now need to have all of our private thoughts, however ugly, shared with the world. it will surely lead to ridding this place of the scourge once & for all.

on this, the red, white, yellow & black man must agree: short of breeding ourselves into one similarly coloured hue, racism is here to stay

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
well i think this just further underscores how we all now need to have all of our private thoughts, however ugly, shared with the world. it will surely lead to ridding this place of the scourge once & for all.

on this, the red, white, yellow & black man must agree: short of breeding ourselves into one similarly coloured hue, racism is here to stay
chicken sandwich?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
the one hard question at the news conference happened to be asked by someone from inside edition...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
That's still on TV? :confused:
evidently....

NSIDE EDITION’s Lisa Guerrero was there and asked Silver, "You said that you were personally outraged. Yet, many people believe, that they are outraged, that for years, people have known that this man is a racist slumlord and that the NBA hasn't done anything until today. Can you please answer why?"

Silver said, "I can't speak on past actions, except when specific evidence was brought to the NBA, we acted."
silver could speak to it....he was #2 for the last 20+ years...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
suddenly, it *is* about race:

http://www.ed.gov/blog/2014/05/secretary-duncan-seeks-youth-input-during-my-brothers-keeper-listening-session/

when i'm not busy keeping the black man down, i think about things like:
- have a family when you're able to get/stay married, AND STICK AROUND
- treat your sons like men, not boys
- quit looking for the gov't to raise your kids
- establish & abide by a moral compass (trigger warning: may involve church)

it won't cure everything, but it will knock down more than half of the ills

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I don't doubt it happened, but if there's no evidence, we have to assume it didn't. In this day and age of iphones and google glass, there's no excuse for not getting it.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Oh, I don't doubt it happened either... It's just that seeing a video (or hearing an audio) of something carries FAR more weight than being quoted, even if there are witnesses. Nobody would have cared about Romney's 47% comment if there wasn't audio of him saying it.

If this "reporter" wanted a story, she should have gotten it on video. That might have had an impact, whereas saying that she got dirty looks and rude comments means pretty much nothing...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
There is no doubt in my mind that it happened, that she was dumb enough to enter the belly of the beast, and that the mouth breathing idiots there were dumb enough to take her bait. Had they a brain, they would have treated her with respect and courtesy; had she a brain she would have stayed at home.

Stupid is as stupid does.