Quantcast

Thoughts on 9/11

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
Speaking of this, I had to write an essay for history. here it is.

Dear grandson, 9/11 was the day when the Al-Qaeda sent out 19 hijackers with 4 teams to take over 4 airplanes, both having a skilled pilot. Two planes (United Airlines 175 and American Airlines 11) crashed into The World Trade Center in New York City. The other two planes crashing into the Pentagon in Arlington Virginia and the other in in Shankesville Pennsylvania. Nearly 3000 people died on 9/11. It was a day to remember.
It affected our Nation and many other nations tremendeously. It brought everyone in America closer together. Before the attacks there was many American flags hanging outside houses, after 9/11 the flags outside these house increased at a fast rate, many stores even ran out of them. This shows that we really are "Proud to be Americans".
Now grandson, I have a total different perception on this day. I believe many Americans take forgranted what we have in our lives here. None of them take in that we have never actually had a great attack in our nation. On December 7 1941, the Japan destroyed 12 of our ships and 188 aircraft. In this attack nearly 2400 Americans died. Correct me if I'm wrong but on August 6, 1945 the United States Airforce dropped the bomb "Little Boy" on the city of Hiroshima, they dropped a second bomb named "Fat Man" on Nagasaki during World War 2. We had a huge fit over the attack on Pearl Harbor, but when we go and drop two, yes, two atomic bombs on Japan we have no conscience about it.
In this bombing we, Americans, killed 140,000 in Hiroshima, and 74,000 in Nagaski. Please, look at the difference. We killed 214,000 and they attacked us and killed 1400 and destroyed 12 ships and 188 aircraft. I don't know about you but I believe in an eye for an eye. We killed nearly 89 times as many people in our bombings, that and ruined the land with radiation.
On 9/11, only a couple days later we launched the War on Terrorism. In this war, just in 2003 we killed nearly 69,000 just from 9/11 2001 to 2003. We are still, to this day killing people, just carelessly taking their lives away. The United States is one big hippicrit. We think life is something precious, but we go and kill millions of other countrys, and when another country attacks us and they don't nearly kill as many as we have, we have statues and memorials built. That's not something you want to remember, do you think the Japanese wanted to build memorials to the fact that we killed nearly 214,000 of their people, no! We are a selfious, ignorant, sad, and thoughtless.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan

Dear grandson, 9/11 was the day when the Al-Qaeda sent out 19 hijackers with 4 teams to take over 4 airplanes, both having a skilled pilot. Two planes (United Airlines 175 and American Airlines 11) crashed into The World Trade Center in New York City. The other two planes crashing into the Pentagon in Arlington Virginia and the other in in Shankesville Pennsylvania. Nearly 3000 people died on 9/11. It was a day to remember.
It affected our Nation and many other nations tremendeously. It brought everyone in America closer together. Before the attacks there was many American flags hanging outside houses, after 9/11 the flags outside these house increased at a fast rate, many stores even ran out of them. This shows that we really are "Proud to be Americans".
Now grandson, I have a total different perception on this day. I believe many Americans take forgranted what we have in our lives here. None of them take in that we have never actually had a great attack in our nation. On December 7 1941, the Japan destroyed 12 of our ships and 188 aircraft. In this attack nearly 2400 Americans died. Correct me if I'm wrong but on August 6, 1945 the United States Airforce dropped the bomb "Little Boy" on the city of Hiroshima, they dropped a second bomb named "Fat Man" on Nagasaki during World War 2. We had a huge fit over the attack on Pearl Harbor, but when we go and drop two, yes, two atomic bombs on Japan we have no conscience about it.
In this bombing we, Americans, killed 140,000 in Hiroshima, and 74,000 in Nagaski. Please, look at the difference. We killed 214,000 and they attacked us and killed 1400 and destroyed 12 ships and 188 aircraft. I don't know about you but I believe in an eye for an eye. We killed nearly 89 times as many people in our bombings, that and ruined the land with radiation.
On 9/11, only a couple days later we launched the War on Terrorism. In this war, just in 2003 we killed nearly 69,000 just from 9/11 2001 to 2003. We are still, to this day killing people, just carelessly taking their lives away. The United States is one big hippicrit. We think life is something precious, but we go and kill millions of other countrys, and when another country attacks us and they don't nearly kill as many as we have, we have statues and memorials built. That's not something you want to remember, do you think the Japanese wanted to build memorials to the fact that we killed nearly 214,000 of their people, no! We are a selfious, ignorant, sad, and thoughtless.
I hope you haven't handed that in yet because gazing into my crystal I see red slashes all over the place with at the top "C minus- use spell check".

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
Bin laden will at best die hiding in a cave and nobody will care or remeber him after awile.
Actually I heard he’s had facial reconstructive surgery and is now enjoying honest pay as a journeyman level trench digger for his father’s multi-billion dollar construction company.:bonk:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I've yet to meet one military member here in Japan that has assimilated into the community. I can't say I've even met one member who can even speak rudimentary Japanese. The bases are purposely designed so that you don't have to interact with the local community if you don't want to. The people like you and Party's missus are the exceptions in my book, certainly in Japan anyway. Manimal was in Okinawa I believe, how much interaction did he have? How much Japanese did he learn? (genuine question Manimal btw)
Key phrase, and you are right; there are plenty of folks who isolate themselves in what we call "the bubble" of the base. I call them dumba$$es. You are being paid to live in a foreign country, and you are stupid if you dont get out and live a bit around. You didnt hang about in one place with your buds from Oz your first go abroad, right?
Also, if you dont meet some local types on base, you just arent trying. All US bases have quotas of locals that have to be employed on board, it just makes sense.
But anyway, I was really just objecting to MMikes blanket statement on a subject he apparently knows little to nothing about. He is genuinely a Peckerwood. :banana: :banana: :banana:

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
Yeah yeah I know, I don't have any of that fancy crap on my laptop. I didn't go through and reread it before I posted it. I went back and made all the corrections. Wasn't as much as spell check as using words correctly.

RenegadeRick

98th percentile on my SAT & all I got was this tin
Yeah yeah I know, I don't have any of that fancy crap on my laptop. I didn't go through and reread it before I posted it. I went back and made all the corrections. Wasn't as much as spell check as using words correctly.
I wasn't so conserned with duh spellin and grammer, but it was duh content that conserned me. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, do you know your teacher's attitudes on the subject? I personally have had bad experiences with telling the truth, especially when it is not politically correct. I forsee a bad outcome if you actually turn that in. Try not to get expelled.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I hope you haven't handed that in yet because gazing into my crystal I see red slashes all over the place with at the top "C minus- use spell check".
don't be so hard on the beaver [american joke]; i think he should turn it in just as it is.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Good sentiment though. Can't fault that.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
there are plenty of folks who isolate themselves in what we call "the bubble" of the base. I call them dumba$$es.
And wouldn't you think that the smart money would be on N8 being one of those dumbasses?

He is genuinely a Peckerwood.:
Well that ain't news...but I still don't think the military counts as LIVING abroad. You're still going home at night. It can count as TRAVELLING...but not actually LIVING.

I lived in Mexico....for a week....at a Club Med. It was awesome.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
The only thing I can really say is that at least one good thing came out of 9/11.

it really taught people (particulary children) Who true heros are Firemen/Police and Paramedics.

kids and people stopped for a shortwhile at least Worshiping dumb celebritys on TV spewing comercialized crap and got behind the firemen the medics and police

So on this 5th anniversiry think about how hard of a day it was for the fire,police and ambulane crews. insted of getting all bent out of shape over bin ladin.

Bin laden will at best die hiding in a cave and nobody will care or remeber him after awile.
This Blog here has a pretty good summing up I find. :clue:
The Valerie Plame link is quite an interesting read too.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
I liked it, it put perspective on a subject which all to often lack it. But Rick might be right about thinking about your grades, dunno. I would give it a thought if your teacher is a nut and you think it might ruin all efforts you put in that class. On personal experience I was arguing with my teacher about the Bosnian conflict while that was hot. I put him to the corner by greater knowledge in that subject while he refused to listen to logical facts, typical case of brainwash, but he still gave me a good grade. So it doesn't have to mean you're gonna hang for expressing your view.

RenegadeRick

Thanks DaveW. That was an interesting read. I especially enjoyed the conclusion:

But consider this: the total financial cost of the Iraq war - taking into account the cost of servicing the debt that funded it - has been repeatedly estimated in excess of a trillion dollars.

Try and imagine the impact on hearts and minds of a trillion dollars worth of benign investment in the Middle East and the wider Islamic world: in business development, health care, education, NGOs, printing books. Might things have worked out better?

RenegadeRick

A lot of the the oil rich nations of the Middle East have a trillion dollars, but chose to spend it on other than peaceful infrastructure.
Yeah, but those are evil Islamofascist governments. Obviously, they would spend none of it on anything but WMD.

I know this is crazy talk, but what if instead of the US spending a trillion on bombs and death, instead it was spent on education, infrastructure, food, etc. You know, maybe try killing 'em with kindness?

That kind of idea is simply :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:!
The American taxpayers would NEVER support that!

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Does anyone remember the "I look forward to the day when schools have everything they need and the Air Force has to hold a bake sale to buy a bomber" bumper stickers?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I know this is crazy talk, but what if instead of the US spending a trillion on bombs and death, instead it was spent on education, infrastructure, food, etc. You know, maybe try killing 'em with kindness?
and just what do you think KBR [halliburton sub] is doing over there? [besides keeping the baby killers fattened & armed, of course] i find it hard to believe that we supported the iraqi nat'l conress [now defunct i believe] & now support the current parliament in gesture only.

but i see your greater point: felafels, not field artillery; madrasas, not morters, and don't forget oil pipelines so we can finally collect our spoils.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...

And I hope that your teacher assigns you some extra work on the "Greater East Asia Co Prosperity Sphere" or perhaps the rape of Nanking, or the razing of Singapore. Bataan death march? Maybe even the firebombing of Dresden, just to keep things even. Yes,the bombs were horrible, hideous and possibly unneccesary, but in the end they may be responsible for your existence. Have a Grandfather who fought in WW2? If we had gone into mainland Japan, he may have died, thusly eliminating your existence. What a shame that would have been...
Have a look at this if you still think the Japanes were undeserving...
http://www.ww2pacific.com/atrocity.html

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
How many countries in the world have nuclear weapons? How many of those countries have used them against another country? What threat did the corner fish market in Nagasaki pose to the American way of life?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
How many countries in the world have nuclear weapons? How many of those countries have used them against another country? What threat did the corner fish market in Nagasaki pose to the American way of life?
only we had them then (10 or so now belong to the nukular club)

we have the sole distinction, obviously, of using them against a populous

the threat against our way of life was grave & imminent; what would now be called a "slam dunk"

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
This Blog here has a pretty good summing up I find. :clue:
The Valerie Plame link is quite an interesting read too.
"Adam Bogacki drew my attention to this astonishing essay from the Armed Forces Journal:

Maj. Peters, formerly assigned to the Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence where he was responsible for future warfare, candidly outlines how the map of the Middle East should be fundamentally re-drawn, in a new imperial endeavour designed to correct past errors. "Without such major boundary revisions, we shall never see a more peaceful Middle East," he observes, but then adds wryly: "Oh, and one other dirty little secret from 5,000 years of history: Ethnic cleansing works."

Thus, acknowledging that the sweeping reconfiguration of borders he proposes would necessarily involve massive ethnic cleansing and accompanying bloodshed on perhaps a genocidal scale, he insists that unless it is implemented, "we may take it as an article of faith that a portion of the bloodshed in the region will continue to be our own.""

I don't even want to comment on that.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
and just what do you think KBR [halliburton sub] is doing over there?
A lot of security work. Building bases. Overcharging the US taxpayer.

Actually, most of the infrastructure work is targetting oil, with the claim that it will allow the country to financ it's own hospitals and schools. The reality is very very different as has been proven time and time again in other developing countries. Read "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" when you get a chance. We rebuilt Japan and Germany properly because of the scrutiny and oversight of the UN (and they were fortunate enough to have homogenous populations and no major natural resources). Pretty much everything we've ever had sole control over, we've abused.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Actually, most of the infrastructure work is targetting oil, with the claim that it will allow the country to financ it's own hospitals and schools.
this reads like you are not happy with the given timeline & all its revisions, and are then left to believe this effort has been shelved indefinitely. time will tell.
The reality is very very different as has been proven time and time again in other developing countries. Read "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" when you get a chance. We rebuilt Japan and Germany properly because of the scrutiny and oversight of the UN (and they were fortunate enough to have homogenous populations and no major natural resources). Pretty much everything we've ever had sole control over, we've abused.
with the laughable indorsement of the morally bankrupt & toothless UN aside, where else have we had "sole control over"? and where did you get that germany didn't have any major natural resources? according to CIA factbook, they have coal, lignite, natural gas, iron ore, copper, nickel, uranium, potash, salt, construction materials, timber, arable land sufficient to cripple its economy if removed.

japan has fish, volcanoes, bukkake & dirty underwear in vending machines.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
this reads like you are not happy with the given timeline & all its revisions, and are then left to believe this effort has been shelved indefinitely. time will tell.
with the laughable indorsement of the morally bankrupt & toothless UN aside, where else have we had "sole control over"?
The UN was a different institution at the time, and there was true coalition oversight of the rebuild efforts. I don't claim that's possible or realistic with the current conflict/UN/international relations. I'm just pointing out why it worked then.

Yes, I'm not happy with the timeline, nor do I trust that it will achieve it's goals. I feel fairly confident that the funds will be funnelled to a select elite (including back into the US) and never make it to the broader population.

See venezuela, columbia, ecuador, panama, malaysia, philippines... shall I continue?

and where did you get that germany didn't have any major natural resources? according to CIA factbook, they have coal, lignite, natural gas, iron ore, copper, nickel, uranium, potash, salt, construction materials, timber, arable land sufficient to cripple its economy if removed.
Which of those did our economy desperately rely on on not have sufficient alternative source for at the time?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
oh snap, i forgot this $-quote:
Ohio said:
We rebuilt Japan and Germany properly because of the scrutiny and oversight of the UN (and they were fortunate enough to have homogenous populations
yeah, i guess we should give hitler a standing-O for handling that "dirty jew" problem. and i'll assume we both know japan's rich history of racism & other subjugation (not to excuse our own, let's just not make them the battered wife just yet)
Ohio said:
I'm not happy with the timeline, nor do I trust that it will achieve it's goals. I feel fairly confident that the funds will be funnelled to a select elite (including back into the US) and never make it to the broader population.
with this, i agree 100% iraq will be like any other oil-rich arab nation & we in turn will still not have exclusive oil-rights, nor a pipeline replentishing mcmurdo field.

i don't see panama as "abused" with that pesky canal, phillipines being freed from the spanish as "abused", venezuela as "abused" b/c citgo is ubiquitous in the u.s. i cannot speak to the rest in your list, but will admit curiousity as to the extent of this abuse; got a cliff's notes version handy?

as for your comment on germany, i am left to believe your point of view is that if it weren't for their lack of resources so necessary in our economy, & the UN (or league of nations, if you like), we would have unleashed a torrent of land-rape reminiscent of ghengis khan.

how would you then relate that to italy & france & our efforts to rebuild those countries [hint: it was a little north of trivial]? your point of view seems rather selective to what can make us look like the proverbial bull in a china shop, and your statement "every thing we have sole control over we have abused" is defeatist, hopeless, jaded, cynical, and negates all our effort after ww2, and further negates the lack of contributions from mother russia & other enemies-of-our-enemies [unless we count systematic genocide from the crushing oppression of communism, but i digress].

that you fail to qualify your statements with any mention of our benevolence over the generations is pretty revealing as to where you affix your gaze. i expect this from le monde reading, euro-trash, "black is my favorite color", 30 hr/week working, "the red balloon" watching "sophisticates".

if i've mischaracterized or misread your posts, please re-align me. no, i'm not menstruating

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Based on experience/anecdotal evidence.
Hong Kong
Singapore
Malaysia
UAE
Qatar ($ only)
Argentina
Chile
Malta
South Africa
Botswana
Namibia
Alot of those countries you mentioned have stong Islamic groups in em, no thanks! Hong Kong? Maybe China 1 day will decide to sail over their way and overtake it again. The best thing about this country is being able to do things, being able to make money and being able to leave it at anytime. Its funny how so many people want to move here from other countries and there are alot over here that feel the smae way. THE GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
oh snap, i forgot this $-quote:yeah, i guess we should give hitler a standing-O for handling that "dirty jew" problem. and i'll assume we both know japan's rich history of racism & other subjugation (not to excuse our own, let's just not make them the battered wife just yet)with this, i agree 100% iraq will be like any other oil-rich arab nation & we in turn will still not have exclusive oil-rights, nor a pipeline replentishing mcmurdo field.
Obviously, I'm not crediting Hitler with Germany's post WWII success. I'm pointing out the the challenges were fewer culturally in Germany and Japan than in Iraq. Did I really need to explain that to you?

i don't see panama as "abused" with that pesky canal, phillipines being freed from the spanish as "abused", venezuela as "abused" b/c citgo is ubiquitous in the u.s. i cannot speak to the rest in your list, but will admit curiousity as to the extent of this abuse; got a cliff's notes version handy?
Again, read Confessions. It's short, factual, and written in (painfully) simple language. As Cliff's Notes as it gets...

as for your comment on germany, i am left to believe your point of view is that if it weren't for their lack of resources so necessary in our economy, & the UN (or league of nations, if you like), we would have unleashed a torrent of land-rape reminiscent of ghengis khan.
I think we all accept the League of Nations was a failure. I think it was a combination of that lesson being readily apparent, and the oversight provided by a coalition of the allied forces that ensured the rebuild effort was forward thinking and fair. Yes, had we not had the benefit of just enduring a war that resulted partly from greed (oppressive restittution), and several other countries looking on, I think we would have raped Germany. Then again, they're pretty white, so maybe we wouldn't have.

how would you then relate that to italy & france & our efforts to rebuild those countries [hint: it was a little north of trivial]?
I lump Itay in with our efforts in Germany, and France with England... besides aid to allies is a completely different situation.
your point of view seems rather selective to what can make us look like the proverbial bull in a china shop, and your statement "every thing we have sole control over we have abused" is defeatist, hopeless, jaded, cynical, and negates all our effort after ww2,
Show me the exceptions that I failed to select.

and further negates the lack of contributions from mother russia & other enemies-of-our-enemies [unless we count systematic genocide from the crushing oppression of communism, but i digress].
I don't think I ever claimed that others contributed more, or more altruistically. If so, please point it out. Or you could just make up outrageous statements and pretend to argue against those. Seems to work pretty well...

that you fail to qualify your statements with any mention of our benevolence over the generations is pretty revealing as to where you affix your gaze.
Please, offer counter-examples of this benevolence.

i expect this from le monde reading, euro-trash, "black is my favorite color", 30 hr/week working, "the red balloon" watching "sophisticates".
Good thing you're not arguing with one of those, or you'd know what to expect.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Obviously, I'm not crediting Hitler with Germany's post WWII success. I'm pointing out the the challenges were fewer culturally in Germany and Japan than in Iraq. Did I really need to explain that to you?
so perhaps we should step back for a while - even take murtha's recommendation to re-deploy to okinawa - as to better assure our success. i'm only half-kidding
Again, read Confessions. It's short, factual, and written in (painfully) simple language. As Cliff's Notes as it gets...
after reading a few excerpts from amazon, it's on my wish list. you might also enjoy Overthrow: America's Century of Regime Change from Hawaii to Iraq (i was actually watching booktv & this was featured - i don't ride in the rain) also, i greatly enjoyed freakanomics, and it shaped my thinking noticeably.
I think we would have raped Germany. Then again, they're pretty white, so maybe we wouldn't have.
should've clearcut the schwarzwald when we had the chance
Show me the exceptions that I failed to select.
this is simply an intractable demand. your statement painted the u.s. with too broad a brush, as i could've done if i stuck a flag up my ass & farted "hail to the chief"
I don't think I ever claimed that others contributed more, or more altruistically. If so, please point it out. Or you could just make up outrageous statements and pretend to argue against those. Seems to work pretty well...
i won't make up outrageous statements when yours will suffice; again, i am not convinced we have whatever the opposite of the midas touch is
Please, offer counter-examples of this benevolence.
we both know our country hasn't been administered by the boy scouts. this doesn't exactly put us on par w/ the khmer rouge.

let's walk the cat back, shall we?

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh

I'm not sure what's more disturbing... your exploitation of the 9/11 tragedy or misrepresentation of the facts.

We didn't drop the atomic bomb on Japan simply in retaliation for Pearl Harbor, so trying to compare casualties as if they are directly related is outrageous.
We didn't go to war in Iraq and Afghanistan simply because of 9/11 either.
Also, I consider it misguided to claim that the United States is directly responsible for the 69,000 casualties in the "War on Terror". The majority of the casualties as reported by the media includes deaths caused by the terrorists... (car bombs, etc...) Are you not able to see the distinction? Harry Truman knew full well that his one decision would end the lives of tens of thousands of people. This is a far cry from our current tactics, where very rarely are civilians intentionally targeted. So if you want to play the comparison game, President Truman is 89 times worse than President Bush right? Sounds like you need to be angry at your grandfather's generation 89 times more than ours too.

I hope that one day you are able to view the tragedy of 9/11 at its most basic level, without all the confusion.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
A lot of security work. Building bases. Overcharging the US taxpayer.

Actually, most of the infrastructure work is targetting oil, with the claim that it will allow the country to financ it's own hospitals and schools. The reality is very very different as has been proven time and time again in other developing countries. Read "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" when you get a chance. We rebuilt Japan and Germany properly because of the scrutiny and oversight of the UN (and they were fortunate enough to have homogenous populations and no major natural resources). Pretty much everything we've ever had sole control over, we've abused.
Agree, but don't forget that every effort was put in to rebuild West Germany to stand as a role model for capitalism, as it also was viewed, to be compared directly against its devided half.

I like the way Lewis Black puts it:

That was some good isht!

I'm not sure what's more disturbing... your exploitation of the 9/11 tragedy or misrepresentation of the facts.

We didn't drop the atomic bomb on Japan simply in retaliation for Pearl Harbor, so trying to compare casualties as if they are directly related is outrageous.
Also, I consider it misguided to claim that the United States is directly responsible for the 69,000 casualties in the "War on Terror". The majority of the casualties as reported by the media includes deaths caused by the terrorists... (car bombs, etc...) Are you not able to see the distinction? Harry Truman knew full well that his one decision would end the lives of tens of thousands of people. This is a far cry from our current tactics, where very rarely are civilians intentionally targeted. So if you want to play the comparison game, President Truman is 89 times worse than President Bush right? Sounds like you need to be angry at your grandfather's generation 89 times more than ours too.

I hope that one day you are able to view the tragedy of 9/11 at its most basic level, without all the confusion.
The reasons for dropping them bombs had little to do with saving the lives of US soldiers. They were mostly to show the world who's got the wallet that says "bad motherfokker" onnit. Afghanistan was for no wellmeaning reasons eather.

The sectarian killings and everything else that has happened in Iraq and Afghanistan is because of the coalitions wars. The missery that comes with war is waay greater than just those that die by the bullets of the agressor.
That civilians aren't intentionally targeted is just a change in rethorics, compared to WWII, because it's no longer considered to be politcaly correct, and actaly is a criminal act. At best 9/11 has been exploited by the current administration and its allies for their personal economical gain and hunger for power. At worst they are the ones that staged the whole thing for the same reasons.

RenegadeRick

um, yes we did.

Afghanistan:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._invasion_of_Afghanistan
At approximately 16:30 UTC (12:30 EDT, 21:00 local time) on Sunday October 7, 2001, American and British forces began an aerial bombing campaign targeting Taliban forces and al-Qaeda. Strikes were reported in the capital, Kabul (where electricity supplies were severed), at the airport and military nerve-centre of Kandahar (home of the Taliban's Supreme Leader Mullah Omar), and also in the city of Jalalabad (military/terrorist training camps). The U.S. government justified these attacks as a response to the September 11, 2001 attacks and the failure of the Taliban to meet any U.S. demands.
http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/09/20/gen.bush.transcript/
On September the 11th, enemies of freedom committed an act of war against our country. Americans have known wars, but for the past 136 years they have been wars on foreign soil, except for one Sunday in 1941. Americans have known the casualties of war, but not at the center of a great city on a peaceful morning.

A[m]ericans have known surprise attacks, but never before on thousands of civilians. All of this was brought upon us in a single day, and night fell on a different world, a world where freedom itself is under attack.

Americans have many questions tonight. Americans are asking, "Who attacked our country?"

The evidence we have gathered all points to a collection of loosely affiliated terrorist organizations known as al Qaeda. They are some of the murderers indicted for bombing American embassies in Tanzania and Kenya and responsible for bombing the USS Cole.

They are recruited from their own nations and neighborhoods and brought to camps in places like Afghanistan where they are trained in the tactics of terror. They are sent back to their homes or sent to hide in countries around the world to plot evil and destruction. The leadership of al Qaeda has great influence in Afghanistan and supports the Taliban regime in controlling most of that country. In Afghanistan we see al Qaeda's vision for the world. Afghanistan's people have been brutalized, many are starving and many have fled.
Iraq:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_invasion_of_Iraq
In the wake of the September 11 attacks and the seeming relative success of the U.S. invasion of Afghanistan in 2001, the Bush administration felt that it had sufficient military justification and public support in the United States for further operations against perceived threats in the Middle East. The relations between some coalition members and Iraq had never improved since 1991, and the nations remained in a state of low-level conflict marked by American and British air-strikes, sanctions, and threats against Iraq. Iraqi radar had also locked onto and anti-aircraft guns and missiles were fired upon coalition airplanes enforcing the northern and southern no-fly zones, which had been implemented after the Gulf War in 1991.

Throughout 2002, the U.S. administration made it clear that removing Saddam Hussein from power was a major goal, although it offered to accept major changes in Iraqi military and foreign policy in lieu of this. Specifically, the stated justification for the invasion included Iraqi production and use of weapons of mass destruction, alleged links with terrorist organizations, and human rights violations in Iraq under the Saddam Hussein government. Bush and his cabinet repeatedly linked the Hussein government to the September 11th attacks, despite the fact that there was no convincing evidence of Hussein's involvement.