Quantcast

Titus broke my heart (sorry, long post)

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Coil huh? TBC has '06 Preston FR and Dirtbag frames on sale for $699!!
I don't know how it works, but the Preston "feels like" way more than 4 inches of travel. The '07 is much better looking too.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The Sultan uses 5 spot tubing methinks.
Sultan is supposed to be more of an all mountain bike like the 5-Spot and not a speedy XC machine like the Flux. But I'd argue that my Flux does just fine at the all mountain stuff.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Heck, you've ridden my bike (or is is MCGRP?) ... ya know it's true!:monkey:

I've heard many a report that the Prestons do feel like they have more travel than they actually have.

I was just busting balls about all the marketing hype out there in the bike industry. But hey they gotta do that sorta stuff to peak interest.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
The big question is will this bike be totally off the table??

I would have to argue yes for a few different reasons.

1. being the way Titus handled IAB's original order and

2. the way they handled MBC's situation and

3. Because he could get one of these probably for about half the price!

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
If they were both going to ride Tituses (Titi?) then a pair of Turners would be sweet. An 07 RFX for IAB, which thanks to Turner Homers will be lighter and more trail worthy than prior verions, and a 5 Spot for MBC.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I think Babs should let us spec his bike for him. He obviously is incapable of making good decisions on his own.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Or he could save a pound but lose an inch of travel and go for a Spot.

They don't call it the Five Spot anymore huh? I like Five Spot better than Spot.

Has Turner abondoned doing Annodized frames and gone powdercoat only?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
so what's yr budget, and user requirements?

spec'ing bikes is fun, esp as i've not done it in about 5 years.
I want to replace the Quasi Moto, so I'm looking for something versatile that could handle lots of 4-6' hucks yet be light enough for the occasional 24 hour race. I want 6" travel.

Or I could get a lighter "all mountain" bike as MMcG suggested and use the Quasi for freeriding.

Budget? Eh, whatever. Keep in mind I am not buying a bike within the next few months, but *somehow* this thread has morphed.