Quantcast

Titus broke my heart (sorry, long post)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Where the heck do you hear about these bikes?

The Xprezo bikes are built by a former Balfa guy. Commencals are coming on strong in North America. Bionicons - well I just heard about them via mtbr.com and the SWD via the DH forum here on RM.

I think you should have Alex at bcd build you up a sweet carbon fiber machine to ride the crap out of this year! :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
our two do just fine out doors.... we have a golden retriever and a little black yapper.

our backyard is 70' x 50'
Fenced I assume? Not everyone has that choice. Even then it can be troublesome. My mother kept her dogs outside in the back yard until she came home one day to find them peppered with BB's. One became quite aggressive towards people walking by after that and she could jump the fence if she put her mind to it.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Fenced I assume? Not everyone has that choice. Even then it can be troublesome. My mother kept her dogs outside in the back yard until she came home one day to find them peppered with BB's. One became quite aggressive towards people walking by after that and she could jump the fence if she put her mind to it.

6' ceder privacy fence of course and there is no foot traffic because this is my back yard.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
hmmm...If IAB is considering an RFX, why not get a Flux or Spot? Colorado Cyclist has size small 06 5 Spot for $1299. Nice deal.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
is Turner still working on a 29er Flux?
Not sure. I don't lurk the Turner board on MTBR enough to sort through all the lemming homer activity.

Mark...how do you mean more than a Heckler? It's a pretty burly frame. Speedgoat is blowing out the old style frames for $900.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Not sure. I don't lurk the Turner board on MTBR enough to sort through all the lemming homer activity.

Mark...how do you mean more than a Heckler? It's a pretty burly frame. Speedgoat is blowing out the old style frames for $800.

I mean his Quasi-moto is a 6.5" travel frame in long travel mode with a horst link - I'd think he'd want something similar but with an air shock. I'd rank the Quasi-moto over the Heckler if I were doing a head to head comparison of frames -so IMO a Heckler would be a step back for IAB. Just my two cents.

I'm just throwing random thoughts out there right now.

He should definitely test ride some bikes though since he's been riding a bike with an FSR pivot for many many years - so moving to a single pivot might not be the direction to go in.

Those new Iron Horse 6 point series bikes look nice.

Or what about an Ibis Mojo for IAB!!! Although the wait on one of those frames is long isn't it? Still I think the pricing on those is very solid for a really sweet DW linked all mountain frameset in beautiful carbon. although carbon and CT rocks might not be a good mix.

But they sure are hot lookin bikes:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I'll bet he wants coil.

I want him to test the new bullit.

Well if he keeps the Quasi - he would have a coil sprung bike and then he could get an air sprung bike for long days in the saddle and 24 hour events.

Some of the new "all mountain bikes" are amazing in the fact that they provide 5.5 to 6" of travel and stay in and around (and sometimes under) the 30 pound threshold!