Quantcast

Toke up, hippies!

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Not "weaponized marijuana". It's synthetic drugs sprayed on to plant material so they can ride the weed bandwagon for marketing purposes:

Sold under many names, including K2, fake weed, Yucatan Fire, Skunk, Moon Rocks, and others — and labeled "not for human consumption" — these products contain dried, shredded plant material and chemical additives that are responsible for their psychoactive (mind-altering) effects.
Would be like claiming vaping is the same as smoking tobacco.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Not "weaponized marijuana". It's synthetic drugs sprayed on to plant material so they can ride the weed bandwagon for marketing purposes:

Would be like claiming vaping is the same as smoking tobacco.
in the context of the thread title....the hippies i knew growing up would smoke anything to get high...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
DEA head Chuck Rosenberg told reporters Wednesday morning that “heroin is clearly more dangerous than marijuana.” According to The Huffington Post, Rosenberg was clarifying a previous statement he had made last week, saying marijuana is “probably not” as dangerous as heroin, though adding he was “not an expert.”
If you're the head of Drug Enforcement, but you're not an "expert", than who the fuck is?

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/dea-admits-marijuana-definitely-safer-heroin

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
munchies.....

when my friends spleen ruptured the guy who was taking him to the hospital insisted on stopping at burger king to get something to eat while he was throwing up blood...

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
munchies.....

when my friends spleen ruptured the guy who was taking him to the hospital insisted on stopping at burger king to get something to eat while he was throwing up blood...

That just shows that the driver is nothing more than a self-absorbed asshole who deserves nothing better than to be turned into fertilizer for the next crop.

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
Soon though yes? OR seems to have learned a lot from WA and us CO folks. Your states roll out sure seems a lot smarter and a lot more thought out than ours.
sometime next year. Gotta figure out the taxes/ regulation right now. Untill they do, all the crap were buying is going untaxed. They are trying to kill the black market before they toss on taxes.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Untill they do, all the crap were buying is going untaxed. They are trying to kill the black market before they toss on taxes.
CO really dropped the ball on this. Taxes are WAY too high. If you already had a decent hook up you have no financial incentive to buy legally.

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
WA is the police state of legalization. Most of the herb coming out of the stores is bunk. I think the old school growers opted out of the jump to legality, leaving the door open for a bunch of novices.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
To say the black market in Oregon is dead would be an understatement. The tax hasn't kicked in yet, but depending on where you go and what you want, the going rate it as good or better than what street prices were. My understanding is the tax is only 10% and kicks in next year. As a compare/contrast:

Washington: $35/2g or $225/oz
Oregon: $30/7g (7g limit on personal purchases for recreational use).

Of course you can go top shelf hydro for as much as $80/7g, but the $30 quarter beats anything Steve on the corner had for $50+ back in the day. Add 10% and Steve is still out of a job.