Quantcast

Toke up, hippies!

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Will be interesting to see where it goes up here in Canukistan.
The incoming Liberal government has a plan to legalize and tax weed just like booze.
Currently in my neck of teh woods in SW Ontario
a Q is 40-70, and an O is 140-250 depending upon what and who.
But you still have no idea on what you are getting bag to bag for a given price.
It will be "equivalent" cost to cost - but not the same strain.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Will be interesting to see where it goes up here in Canukistan.
The incoming Liberal government has a plan to legalize and tax weed just like booze.
Currently in my neck of teh woods in SW Ontario
a Q is 40-70, and an O is 140-250 depending upon what and who.
But you still have no idea on what you are getting bag to bag for a given price.
It will be "equivalent" cost to cost - but not the same strain.
That is an issue with most black market deals. Here you have some very specialized shops that are geared towards the uppity consumer (50+ strains) vs the hole in the wall shop that just has a few strains (15-20). Since Oregon leveraged existing medical channels and upgraded them to include recreational customers (different purchase types/limits) to start with and will be expanding recreational only shops soon.

There are still a few spots trying to keep teh weed out, but for the most part it has been embraced. Our lovely little sh!thole of a town is one of them.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
That ballot measure was crazy. 10 farm monopoly on BOTH medical and recreational growth for the whole state. 2M+ buy in for the 10 farms that were pushing the measure.
That's what killed the bill. There was some commentary this AM on NPR about it. Apparently, the bill even included the word "monopoly" to describe how the whole operation would work. Interestingly, a majority of Ohioans approve of legalization of some sort, yet significantly disapproved of measure 3. Also on the ballot was "Measure 2" which specifically targets monopolies, and it was passed. I don't think it's a coincidence.

Even NORML was kind of like "meh" over the ohio defeat.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
From what I read, the monopoly measure was a direct result of the legalization measure. It was aimed at challenging measure 3 in the event it passed. There was a lot of talk about how measure 3 passage would influence other states approach to legalization and big pharma influence.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
There must be a pot distribution center on E 51st Ave, along the way to Mariko's preschool. Either that or the workers at one of those warehouses toke up an awful lot. Google Maps says there's no dispensary there, but it also doesn't display business names when zoomed in like usual.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
nothing fucking sadder in the world than the family that smokes weed together at the gas station at 2AM with the fucking munchies....

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
nothing fucking sadder in the world than the family that smokes weed together at the gas station at 2AM with the fucking munchies....
Really, that's the saddest thing in the world to you ? You need to get out more, or on second thought, stay in your watch tower. Much safer there. In fact, maybe I should join you....:p

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Schools ease athlete penalties for marijuana

The NCAA last year cut in half the penalty for athletes who fail screenings for substances like marijuana at its championship events, and its chief medical officer is pushing for college sports' governing body to get out of the business of testing for rec drugs altogether. The AP found that some of the nation's biggest universities, from Oregon to Auburn, have already eased their punishments as society's views on marijuana use have changed. Marijuana use among U.S. adults has doubled over a decade, according to government surveys, and recreational use is now legal in four states.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Girl Scout Cookies, not for kids.

I do like me some Girl Scout Cookies, sans palm oil.

The Girl Scouts of the U.S.A., for example, says it has sent dozens of cease-and-desist letters to those selling a popular strain of pot known as Girl Scout Cookies or another called Thin Mints.

"The use of our trademarks in connection with drugs tarnishes the Girl Scouts name," the organization says in the letter it has sent to pot sellers primarily in California, Colorado and Washington.