Im over here now

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
Huayra has a lifting nose
T1 doesn't
FXX is a track car

those requirements are in check, but swapping tyres is naughty. Does make me wonder how many other times that's happened? There's been loads of explained cases of test one car then power lapping another

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
T1 doesn't
FXX is a track car

those requirements are in check, but swapping tyres is naughty. Does make me wonder how many other times that's happened? There's been loads of explained cases of test one car then power lapping another
The tires were racing slicks hand-cut by Pirelli.... While they might be "road legal", you certainly can't buy them (ie, not "production"), and especially not from Pagani.

That being said, the V8 Atom comes stock with pretty much race-only semi slicks (although technically road legal):

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
That being said, the V8 Atom comes stock with pretty much race-only semi slicks (although technically road legal):
Yup, as the Ariel will come stock with those tyres, much like Caterham Superlights etc. If the Pagani was stock with those tyres then fair play, but if not (in my book) they're modifying it for the lap time - which is a bad as doing something like cranking up the boost for moar power

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
T1 doesn't
FXX is a track car

the production T1 does have a lifting nose. the car that Top Gear drove was a prototype and did not have this feature. the FXX has also been made road legal by Edo

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Superb episode this evening.

Funnily enough after watching a documentary about the Zambezi this afternoon, I was only thinking about how much fun it would be to drive to the source of one of the big African rivers.

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
the production T1 does have a lifting nose. the car that Top Gear drove was a prototype and did not have this feature. the FXX has also been made road legal by Edo
Did they test it before any of the lifting nose ones existed? If so you can hardly blame them for kicking that POS off the board, otherwise their researchers failed.

The fact that I tuning co. made a road legal version doesn't make the FXX legit. I could* go stick some wheel arches and lights (and a lifting nose) on an F1 car but it doesn't mean Red Bull could get to post a time.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Did they test it before any of the lifting nose ones existed? If so you can hardly blame them for kicking that POS off the board, otherwise their researchers failed.

The fact that I tuning co. made a road legal version doesn't make the FXX legit. I could* go stick some wheel arches and lights (and a lifting nose) on an F1 car but it doesn't mean Red Bull could get to post a time.
they did test it before it was available so IMO it was their fault for bringing it on the show before a production model was available...just like they did with the Viper this season.
and my point is, the FXX is not just a track car anymore...just like the MC12 Corsa. both have been made street legal

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
last weeks show was pretty good imo. its always been a dream of mine to drive through an empty city with some sort of supercar like they did. I had no idea there were so many cities in Spain that have been completely abandoned and seeing the empty airport reminded me of the movie The Langoliers.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
300mil+ people will be pissed
After the surprise announcement earlier today that Jeremy Clarkson had been suspended from Top Gear for an unspecified "fracas" with a producer, we've got more alleged detail on what went down: According to Radio Times, the host was suspended after throwing a punch at a BBC producer.

The report also says that the final two episodes of this season of the show have been cancelled.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/entertainment/news/a25239/clarkson-punched-producer-top-gear-season-22-cancelled/

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Clarkson has really become predictable these days. This latest season he busts Hammond's balls about being short by pretty much just calling him short.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I've enjoyed this season a lot, except for the one where Hammond climbed the dam. Meh.

Bring it on over to youtube.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
id hate to see Harris on TG. his shows are more car oriented and not a comedy show like TG has been for a long time now. while he is drift happy like Clarkson, he still covers the cars better

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
id hate to see Harris on TG. his shows are more car oriented and not a comedy show like TG has been for a long time now. while he is drift happy like Clarkson, he still covers the cars better
He hauls an Orange MTB around in the back of his personal Ferrari FF. Fuck Clarkson, CH is awesome.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I want to produce a Westy inspired Volvo video.
I imagine it'd be an Appalachian flavored version of James May's initial segment on his old Rolls Royce... which was actually a fine piece. That was when they had the fat English dude telling about the hottest used car deals, a terrible segment and a forgettable presenter.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
He hauls an Orange MTB around in the back of his personal Ferrari FF. Fuck Clarkson, CH is awesome.

when i first the video i wasnt the least bit surprised that he pulled out an Orange of all mfg's. i could see Clarkson running a bike over rather then actually pulling one out to ride.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
booo!
Jeremy Clarkson is to be sacked as Top Gear presenter after a BBC investigation concluded he did attack a producer on the programme.

Lord Hall, the Director General of the BBC, is expected to announce his decision on Wednesday after considering the findings of an internal investigation.

Clarkson, 54, will be thanked for his work on the hugely popular motoring show, but will be told such behaviour cannot be tolerated at the Corporation.

It is understood a report into the so-called ‘fracas’ at a North Yorkshire hotel,concluded that presenter spent 20 minutes verbally abusing producer Oisin Tymon, before launching a 30 second physical assault on him.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11493270/Jeremy-Clarkson-to-be-sacked-by-the-BBC.html

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Nothing goes on forever who knows a little creative destruction could make for even better show(s).
Exactly. If Clarkson was 20 years younger with the shows current popularity, that would be one thing, but the dude is getting geriatric.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Yup. I watched lots of TG while in Dakar. It just got to the point where clarkson got too annoying for me to watch anymore.

How about Rowan Atkinson as a replacement?

tomasis7

stroganoff
Nov 5, 2014
Electronic bong-shed LEGAL
chris harris may be good but super boring. not good for entertainment.

Clarkson is unique, fuck them who dislike him. thats what he is thinking, saying what he wants. its about time to fuck BBC off! since it is state television sort of and internal fight over what to include or not in content of program (annoying mighty producers). Clarkson probably got tired and want to get out.

soon we see electrical and hybrid cars, underpowered. environment conscious vblahblah.

no clarkson? Kill TG totally. pointless have a replacement.

lucklily i have a bicycle to have fun with..

Last edited: