syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Great article that unfortunately will never reach a broader audience because of the web site it is published. on, and even if it does will be downplayed by and degraded by those who need it most.

Chomsky and Zinn are the 2 most important voices of this century.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...

That my friends is the soul-less stare of man who thrives on the misery of others. And probably eats babies. I don't know though, that's just what the internet told me and I can't be expected to fact check every thing I hear before repeating it.

"...and convicted felon..." Why in the name of the FSM does this not bar him from seeking public office? This, along with a few other things, is what is wrong with this fucking country.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
"...and convicted felon..." Why in the name of the FSM does this not bar him from seeking public office? This, along with a few other things, is what is wrong with this fucking country.
At least he can't vote for himself? Maybe?

Clinton was copping a feel, Obama stealing her wallet and her jerbs, Bush thought he was hugging his Mom...tRump was THE ONLY ONE HELPING. Cant you see he was making 'murica great agin?
Don't forget the guns. Obama was taking her guns too. That sly Barry just can't help himself.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
But isn't that the American Dream, you can be anyone or anything you want?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
To the pee tapes!!!

The news of Mueller’s team assuming control of the dossier came just hours after the Senate intelligence committee said it had “hit a wall” in its own probe into claims put forward in the dossier. Specifically, Chairman Richard Burr said the committee had been frustrated in its efforts to interview Steele and “cannot decide the credibility” of the dossier without discovering its sources and who paid for it. Steele has largely gone into hiding since the contents of the dossier were made public.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
i like to slam on drumpf as much as anyone but that's mostly due to hurricanes, per NPR this AM. syadasti, i am disappoint.
The US had Hurricane Irene (40-45 billion USD plus up to 20 billion more during rebuilding) and Sandy (71.5 billion USD damage) during the 83 month streak of gains. NYC GDP is on par with Canada and only slightly smaller than Texas as a whole. NYC was only one of many areas directly impacted by Sandy and yet we still kept gaining jobs.

Last edited:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Also if you read the NPR piece, they don't know why yet - the storms were speculation, jobs were overestimated previously, and they won't know until the end of the year if the storms were the cause:

"U.S. Jobs Dropped By 33,000 In September, Likely Due To Storms"

"Not all the data were similarly affected. For instance, the storms had "no discernible effect" on the unemployment rate, the bureau says."

"Stuart Hoffman, a senior economic advisor at PNC Financial Services, told Jim the effects of the storms are likely to be temporary, and the job market should recover by the end of the year.

The September jobs report also adjusted revised job growth in July and August downward; with those revisions, 38,000 fewer jobs were added this summer than had been previously reported."

Last edited: