Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
After shoveling the 24" of snow we got yesterday, I am starting to think buying a fat bike over a snow blower wasn't the best idea this year. Nah, totally worth it. 12" more tomorrow. Gonna need to go make some turns on the snowboard this weekend for sure.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Clipped a pedal causing high speed stem shagging and took a proper slam yesterday. Literally cut a swath through a berm with my ass/flank/hip and ragged down a hill. My ass may never be the same--otherwise just cuts and bruises.

The bike is fine though :dance:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Well the MIL has a new hip joint....wishing for a fast recovery so that she does not come live with us.

Hanging out drinking coffee and scratching Jake the wonder dogs head before I head out to spend another day driving the short bus.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Tuesday.

I love giving people instructions, only to have them say "yo dawg, it didn't workz". To which I ask, "did you follow the instructions?". Usually the answer is nope. That's the quickest way onto a certain kill list.

Still without a door access card here at work, so no inter-office traveling for me. Luckily the coffee machine and pooper don't require a card to get to them. :banana:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Hut trip this weekend and it looks like a storm is on tap to put some fresh snow down Fri-Tues. This could be good for the skiing and not good for the avalanche conditions. Fortunately we have a pretty right-side up snowpack in Colorado this year, but it's still Colorado (which is usually a fairly unstable continental snowpack with lots of weak layers) so I'm not, not nervous. Time to read the avy report daily until we leave...

Happy VD, fvckers.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Happy VD, fvckers, indeed! :D We're experiencing a modest temperature drop following the warm storm. All slush and standing water have been turned into ice which makes for some interesting commuting moments - especially in Boston where they have not bothered with cleaning many of the sidewalks and pedestrian crossings. Snow riding should be good now though, I shall test ASAP.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Well the MIL has a new hip joint....wishing for a fast recovery so that she does not come live with us.

Hanging out drinking coffee and scratching Jake the wonder dogs head before I head out to spend another day driving the short bus.
i know you don't like your MIL but hip replacements suck. wouldn't wish that on anybody.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
on tap today ...

working all day
clean up and list a Float 40 fork (fuck I have a lot of unused parts to list)
scour the internetz for a deal on sumpnsumpn

Thai leftovers for lunch.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Totally spaced the Hallmark Holiday this morning and was on the bus by the time I figured it out. Good thing the wifey knows I am not that guy. I do nice sh!t all day most every day, so no need for flowers and candy on some arbitrary day.

Weather is still somewhat nice until tomorrow. Coffee is weak, this is what I get for riding the bus.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Rather than flowers, I hung out with both kids after one woke up the other at 430am which allowed the wife to sleep in. I will still acquire flowers but pretty sure that will just give me bonus points to count against my next thoughtless screw up...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Rather than flowers, I hung out with both kids after one woke up the other at 430am which allowed the wife to sleep in. I will still acquire flowers but pretty sure that will just give me bonus points to count against my next thoughtless screw up...
someone give this guy his custom title of "JACKALGANGER"

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I like riding my bike into work. Peaceful. Brain still hasn't activated fully--slept in Yuna's bed with (a happy, not screaming) Yuna from 11:30-4:10.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Started the day by fouling my truck with a rancid fart, only to discover all the windows were frozen shut.
Other than that, things are A-OK.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
how old is she now?
She'll be 2 in April. I actually got her to sleep peacefully by laying by her until she passed out. If I am there or Jessica is there she doesn't cry or call for us. She slept from 7:30-11:30 then woke up, didn't scream or say anything, opened her door, walked to our door, and opened it to come to me.

Baby just wants to spend time with me, all the time. Changing the doorknob would just make her mad, like the gate. Hopefully this phase will pass, but in the meantime she is a nice, warm baby bundle to snuggle with. I'll deal with my own irregular sleep.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
She'll be 2 in April. I actually got her to sleep peacefully by laying by her until she passed out. If I am there or Jessica is there she doesn't cry or call for us. She slept from 7:30-11:30 then woke up, didn't scream or say anything, opened her door, walked to our door, and opened it to come to me.

Baby just wants to spend time with me, all the time. Changing the doorknob would just make her mad, like the gate. Hopefully this phase will pass, but in the meantime she is a nice, warm baby bundle to snuggle with. I'll deal with my own irregular sleep.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
need to pickup new laptop....not feeling motivated....60's...might sit outside and fall asleep.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Tired. Bored. Worn out. Over this shit.

On a positive note, I've been anchored to an inside sales position because Wifey travels a ton for work. She probably won't be travelling as much going forward, so I can look at options that don't include 100% office time. I have a meeting with the director of field reps and field rep training tomorrow. He's been pushing that he needs to hire a new rep for the field and somebody to train the existing field reps. I am comfortably qualified (if not overly so) for that role, but haven't been able to take advantage because of her travel. We'll see where this goes, but it would be a nice bump in pay most likely.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

jesus man. idk what i'd do if my kid slept like that. he sleeps rock solid, bedtime is 7:30 - 8, usually wakes up between 6:30 and 7. he's slept through the night since like 2 months. the last time he had issues sleeping (which was only trouble falling asleep & waking up earlier than usual) was when we transitioned him to a toddler bed.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Valentines night ride on Butter Gap planned with Mrs. Dirtrider for this evening. Then Thai takeout. Coffee about to kick in....T-minus 3.2.
I've been thinking about that loop lately. The dirt road climb up isn't bad at all (compared to Clawhammer). And someone told me about a section of unmarked singletrack that starts off to the right at a gate and descends along the road to the Butter parking lot.

And since it's before April 15 you can bomb down Cat Gap and gap over the boulder off the ledge drop.

Braaap!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! Wishing you all some very intense VD moments later in the day.

7 miles on the treadmill and 600 meters in the pool. Weather is beautiful at 55, sunny with 10 MPH winds. After breakfast I am going to pump up a road bike for a 20 mile spin this afternoon. Yesterday's mud fest will not be repeated.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
he sleeps rock solid, bedtime is 7:30 - 8, usually wakes up between 6:30 and 7. he's slept through the night since like 2 months.
First off, KILL LIST. My little ones are just like @Toshi 's babies (FML). You should never again share the details of your angelic child in public. :D

Second, I hope you realize that because of your aberrantly somnolent first born your upcoming addition will undoubtedly lay waste to your obliviously well rested existence. No one gets two angel babies, not even RM cool guys.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
JK: Yuna has been a champion sleeper until about 3 weeks ago, +/- getting off when sick now and then. This is a new thing as her baby brain matures and her separation anxiety apparently ramps up.