Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
new tires today...ordered via tire rack and shipped to local installer...we'll see how it goes.

coffee, if you could go ahead and wake my ass up already, that would be great

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Struggling to wake up. Haley's bike is fully stripped and will be getting clear coated tonight. We're stopping at Home Depot tonight to pick out the color for the fork. I'm hoping to get it built back up for the weekend.

Work. FTS. I'm ready for vacation already.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Knocked out a rather large sized ride for a Monday night. I rode from my office and connected 3 different trail systems. It was sweet. Now it is raining outside and I have to work. Let's get it done and go home.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
It's only supposed to hit 98 today then back up into the 100s for Wednesday and Thursday. Working a horse show this weekend that has a wicked road ride up a canyon nearby. Post show ride up it will be on tap.

Meanwhile another day on the short bus dawns, going into the office this morning to slap a co worker upside the head...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rain and humidity here although the next couple of days should be better. My quads are now hurting from the Sunday's downhilling, I must have done something right. I finally caved in and ordered a firm spring for my undersprung 888, I hope it will help a bit with my steep jump lips woes.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, friends. I've got my Tuesday night off road sprint triathlon tonight. There is no way my legs are recovered from the weekend, but at least I didn't wreck them with a morning workout like I did last Tuesday. I did swim this morning, so there is that. :monkey: I have to pee.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

For as much as I've done it, it's kind of mind boggling how bad I still am at caulking. Luckily it will be covered up by paint as it's more of a function over form kind of job. Whateva!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Insomnia returned in a big way last night. FTS. today is going to be tough.
Speaking of bike stables, I should look into picking up a new hardtail...

@Adventurous : don't give up, the more time you spend handling caulk the better you'll get with it. We're gonna be calling you the caulk whisperer in no time!

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
cool bike, but no.

right now i have an xc hardtail (one of the last US built Yeti Arc hardtails, carbon wheels), spitfire, and a DH bike (xprezo). looking at getting a megatrail (used 26") from another monkey, and then something around 120mm (so more xc/trail) to fall between the yeti and the spitty. i fucking love the yeti, but it's just too hard on my back these days after a double herniation a few years back.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
cool bike, but no.

right now i have an xc hardtail (one of the last US built Yeti Arc hardtails, carbon wheels), spitfire, and a DH bike (xprezo). looking at getting a megatrail (used 26") from another monkey, and then something around 120mm (so more xc/trail) to fall between the yeti and the spitty. i fucking love the yeti, but it's just too hard on my back these days after a double herniation a few years back.
What wheels size are you thinking?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Wife being grumpy about being sick makes me grumpy, too. Her being petty about not wanting to wash two bowls because it's "not her job" (she cooked dinner) makes me even grumpier as I add up all the time I spend on household tasks that are magically my job (cars, lawn, fixing things).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Howdy all. Wife being grumpy about being sick makes me grumpy, too. Her being petty about not wanting to wash two bowls because it's "not her job" (she cooked dinner) makes me even grumpier as I add up all the time I spend on household tasks that are magically my job (cars, lawn, fixing things).
man you guys are petty as shit

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
man you guys are petty as shit
Sure, but my viewpoint is that I get taken advantage of when what I contribute to the family is just taken for granted. Recall that she's a stay at home mom with both kids in paid preschool for their educations' sake, that we have house cleaners come in every month, that I pay for her large student loans, etc. When she complains about not having time because "the kids are a full time job" despite all this I have little sympathy.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Sure, but my viewpoint is that I get taken advantage of when what I contribute to the family is just taken for granted. Recall that she's a stay at home mom with both kids in paid preschool for their educations' sake, that we have house cleaners come in every month, that I pay for her large student loans, etc. When she complains about not having time because "the kids are a full time job" despite all this I have little sympathy.
:nopity:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Doing my research on how to paint Haley's bike. The hope was to keep the aluminum raw, but it looks like I'll need to clear coat it because of the oxidization. Clear coating raw aluminum is apparently a PITA and is extremely hard to do well, so she might end up getting a fully painted bike. I'm really glad I spent all of the time getting ALL of the excess powder coat off the frame. Guess @Nick is going to have to come over to help paint it, as I suck at painting anything with spray paint.

Also, FTS some more.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
You should lay out your case in a PowerPoint presentation. I'm sure she would be more receptive if you had a presentation replete with charts and graphs.

Or just have another kid. I'm sure that'll do it too.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey does the same shit sometimes. I just comment that I will be outside mowing/working on her car/maintaining [house thing]/etc. It's my petty way of commenting that I too have shit around the house to do, just that she doesn't see it until something breaks. You know that shower that wasn't draining super quickly, but started working totally fine last week? The one that you didn't comment about before or after, because it just works better? Yeah, I took care of that, pulling out about .25# of knotted hair from the drain while you were out with your girlfriends. Dishes get done somehow, things in the house rarely break or stop working somehow. It's fucking magic.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wifey does the same shit sometimes. I just comment that I will be outside mowing/working on her car/maintaining [house thing]/etc. It's my petty way of commenting that I too have shit around the house to do, just that she doesn't see it until something breaks. You know that shower that wasn't draining super quickly, but started working totally fine last week? The one that you didn't comment about before or after, because it just works better? Yeah, I took care of that, pulling out about .25# of knotted hair from the drain while you were out with your girlfriends. Dishes get done somehow, things in the house rarely break or stop working somehow. It's fucking magic.
what's most concerning out of all this is that you weighed the hair clump from the shower drain.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

Hope everyone is well. Been out of the cycling loop for a few years now as life had some other plans to keep me busy, but I'm working on changing that loop(more like a flat circle if you believe Matthew McConaughey).

It's been a long journey since my last log-in, but I'm stoked to have the ability to reacquaint myself with my bike, the trails and you monkeys....speaking of which, is it not cool to have a 26" bike anymore?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Good Morning!

Hope everyone is well. Been out of the cycling loop for a few years now as life had some other plans to keep me busy, but I'm working on changing that loop(more like a flat circle if you believe Matthew McConaughey).

It's been a long journey since my last log-in, but I'm stoked to have the ability to reacquaint myself with my bike, the trails and you monkeys....speaking of which, is it not cool to have a 26" bike anymore?
Holy shit! Look what the cat drug in.

JBP rides a fatbike now. Do what you will with that information.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Good Morning!

we're always down for story time.