Soup is in the pot:

Ham bone plus 2 pounds chopped ham
1pack diced onions*
1 pack diced carrots*
Red pepper flakes
Chopped garlic*
Bay leaf
Pepper corns
Sodium free chicken stock from free range chickens who still somehow ended up dead.

* my local chi chi market will chop anything for you and yes, I am that lazy. :)

Results in about 2 hours, should be delicious.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I have nothing to report myself other than that my mortgage continues to creep through underwriting. Why do they put this shit off until the last minute?
2 years ago I bought a downtown commercial property to use as a primary residence, I put 40% down and financed the balance for 10 years, it took Wells Fargo nearly 3 months to move through the process. Late last summer the building next door and a 7 car parking lot became available so I began the process again with the same bank and same loan officer, the owner of the building and I came up with a sales agreement on a 5 year contract and closed the deal before the bank had even reviewed the propposal... banks operate on an abundance of caution, there is just no way to move them faster.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I hate ticket scalpers. Adele tickets went on sale at 10am. Random order generator for the que. Sold out after 40min. List prices were $30-$150. The $30 tickets are now being sold on Stubhub for $400 each with $160 in service fees. I hate stubhub too. Stubhub/Ticketmaster can die in a fire.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Woke up dreaming of singletrack.
Quickly realized days plans did not include riding.
Cancelled days plans.
Rode singletrack.

gtf1.JPG
gtf3.JPG
gtf4.JPG

Attachments

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I hate ticket scalpers. Adele tickets went on sale at 10am. Random order generator for the que. Sold out after 40min. List prices were $30-$150. The $30 tickets are now being sold on Stubhub for $400 each with $160 in service fees. I hate stubhub too. Stubhub/Ticketmaster can die in a fire.
"please enter the captcha to prove you aren't a bot"

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
"please enter the captcha to prove you aren't a bot"
123. Yeah, not that hard. Given you can make a 10x profit immediately, I'm pretty sure a hightech scalper can hire somebody to write the code to image identify.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
So, my over priced iTimeWaster has not been ringing for sometime even with the ringer turned on, causing me to miss the majority of my calls. Finally got if worked out last night. It seems Apple has a do Not Disturb feature that some how got activated. All calls go directly to voicemail when the screen is locked. If you see a little crescent moon icon in the upper right of the screen, then it's on. Thanks a lot Apple.

A potential customer has been trying to get in contact with me. I've returned his call several times, exchanged voicemail and explained the iPhone problem. He calls again today and I can actually answer the phone and he wouldn't talk to me. WTF ?

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Happy Thursday, friends on the internet. I rolled my wide load out of bed at 5:00 this morning to go run five miles in the dark, cold, and rain. I don't enjoy those runs but I do them anyway. It's like five minutes after you're done, you are freezing your nuts off.
Saw the blonde runner this morning (my night) in the cold and rain on my way home.

Props to you both !

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I have nothing to report myself other than that my mortgage continues to creep through underwriting. Why do they put this shit off until the last minute?
My current job is related to this, and I can say that you would not believe how ancient and inefficient the processes around mortgage processing are. That whole industry is ripe for a major revolution.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Nothing personal my mortgage bank has just been very underwhelming.
From what I understand, due to the last housing bubble - banks, mortgage companies and their employees are subject to a higher level of oversight with regulatory consequences for failure to perform due diligence... more paper solves everything, over time. :)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
the ticket master app is quicker....my brother got the wife tickets for atlanta...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
the ticket master app is quicker....my brother got the wife tickets for atlanta...
Unfortunately, Denver was only via her site. Stubhub has them for over $900 for a pair of bad tickets. BS.

On a side note, Wifey dated the guy that started Stubhub before she met me. I'm thinking that she might have made the wrong choice.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
So, my over priced iTimeWaster has not been ringing for sometime even with the ringer turned on, causing me to miss the majority of my calls. Finally got if worked out last night. It seems Apple has a do Not Disturb feature that some how got activated. All calls go directly to voicemail when the screen is locked. If you see a little crescent moon icon in the upper right of the screen, then it's on. Thanks a lot Apple.

A potential customer has been trying to get in contact with me. I've returned his call several times, exchanged voicemail and explained the iPhone problem. He calls again today and I can actually answer the phone and he wouldn't talk to me. WTF ?
I feel your pain. My work phone, which is an iPhone did the same thing one night. I was wondering why my phone was so quiet and every time I checked it, I had missed a few calls. Annoying.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
I feel your pain. My work phone, which is an iPhone did the same thing one night. I was wondering why my phone was so quiet and every time I checked it, I had missed a few calls. Annoying.
Just found out that when you slide the home screen up to get to a short cuts menu, it's really easy to accidentally activate the Do Not Disturb feature. Why is this even a feature when you have a simple button that turns the ringer on/off. Really frustrating since it's cost me some business. Stoopid smart phone...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just found out that when you slide the home screen up to get to a short cuts menu, it's really easy to accidentally activate the Do Not Disturb feature. Why is this even a feature when you have a simple button that turns the ringer on/off. Really frustrating since it's cost me some business. Stoopid smart phone...
Or at least have a "do not disturb" message or something on the screen, on top of the tiny little moon.

Thai food in hand. I'm doing a full body cleanse. Got an awesome spicy dish, which I will be putting hot sauce on. :panic: