Quantcast

unprotected sex.........

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Damn True said:
A good bike ride can be as enjoyable as good sex, but in order to be safe in either case you need to put protection on your head.
What if you're riding a reliable trail that you've ridden many times before, reserved for your exclusive use?

I mean, in that situation it's not likely that any suprises will crop up, and there's just something about riding free...

McT

Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
Texas
binary visions said:
What if you're riding a reliable trail that you've ridden many times before, reserved for your exclusive use?

I mean, in that situation it's not likely that any suprises will crop up, and there's just something about riding free...
Sh*t happens...

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Here is how I compare a condom to mnt biking....

When having sex always wear a condom, just as when mnt biking you always wear your gloves. (Somtimes I dont wear a helmet... but i always got my gloves on.)

J

JRB

mack said:
Here is how I compare a condom to mnt biking....

When having sex always wear a condom, just as when mnt biking you always wear your gloves. (Somtimes I dont wear a helmet... but i always got my gloves on.)
It is terribly shocking to hear that your hands are more important than your head. :think:

*really - wear a helmet. If you get hurt badly, I will have to get burly shirley to unignore me so I can screw with him again.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
loco said:
It is terribly shocking to hear that your hands are more important than your head. :think:

*really - wear a helmet. If you get hurt badly, I will have to get burly shirley to unignore me so I can screw with him again.

Holy crap, you're on roll tonight, that's three old threads brought back up to the surface..........

ridecruz888

Chimp
Feb 8, 2005
why is everyone talking about stds involving ONLY unprotected sex? condoms dont stop stds...if you have sex its a risk, doesnt matter whether its protected or unprotected

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
ridecruz888 said:
why is everyone talking about stds involving ONLY unprotected sex? condoms dont stop stds...if you have sex its a risk, doesnt matter whether its protected or unprotected
Condoms don't help prevent std's?

Thank god for the internet...I'll stop using them now!

J

JRB

Silver said:

Don't stop. They help prevent pregnancy too. God knows we don't want some of these peeps breeding.

*not you, Silver. It's several others I worry about.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
loco said:
Don't stop. They help prevent pregnancy too. God knows we don't want some of these peeps breeding.

*not you, Silver. It's several others I worry about.
Are you telling me that taking advice from a guy who either has an 888 or wants an 888 isn't a good thing to do? He might be a doctor, you know... :D

ridecruz888

Chimp
Feb 8, 2005
Silver said:

ya dude all it protects is from pregnancy...touching skin down there with another person whether its your dick or your stomach could get you all kinds of stds..

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
mack said:
Somebody needs to relate this thread to mountain biking as soon as possible.
I had sex during a ride once.

True story.

And yes, it was unprotected (but hey, she was on the pill...)

shifty S

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NWDC...Asheville
im a fan of condoms simply because i dont want kids and ive had enough scares and one waaaaay too close. now i just stock up on em and keep em everywhere i think i may need em...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
ridecruz888 said:
ya dude all it protects is from pregnancy...touching skin down there with another person whether its your dick or your stomach could get you all kinds of stds..
unless you're rubbing your pustulent sores against your partner's pustulent sores you're pretty much flat out wrong.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
ridecruz888 said:
Holy crap, you ride the shortbus to grade school don't you?

Ladies and gentlemen, this is you public school system at work! I guess President Bush's new sex ed [sic] program is working fantastically.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Brian HCM#1 said:
I know of similar disorders, but a we're talking about a marrage, so there is a difference, there is attraction towards the opposite sex.

As for JMAC comment, I have a feeling its directed towards Born Agains, who from my experiance push the bible at you if you don't believe in what they belive in.
Attraction, and sexual desire were completely unrelated in the studies that this program was based on. People were married, simply to have a "partner".

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Toshi said:
unless you're rubbing your pustulent sores against your partner's pustulent sores you're pretty much flat out wrong.
wait.. are you all people that are beating the guy to death, suggesting wearing a condom absolutely protects you from all disease and pregnancy???

granted condoms are the best thing against stds and can be used against pregnancy... but i think they are kinda far from a being a break-proof insurance policy...

i dont think the guy is advocating not-using them... i think he is making a point in pointing out the uncertainty in every sex session, even with the allmighty rubber....

or there is no uncertainty??? :eek:
i think that would be a more disturbing thought....

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
ALEXIS_DH said:
wait.. are you all people that are beating the guy to death, suggesting wearing a condom absolutely protects you from all disease and pregnancy???

granted condoms are the best thing against stds and can be used against pregnancy... but i think they are kinda far from a being a break-proof insurance policy...

i dont think the guy is advocating not-using them... i think he is making a point in pointing out the uncertainty in every sex session, even with the allmighty rubber....

or there is no uncertainty??? :eek:
i think that would be a more disturbing thought....
No, it is not that they offer 100% certainty of safety, as they do not. What is absurd is the guy claiming they offer NO safety..now that is retarded.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
ridecruz888 said:
You can get an STD from touching someones belly with your privates?

ridecruz888

Chimp
Feb 8, 2005
Snacks said:
You can get an STD from touching someones belly with your privates?
sorry i worded that wrong, anywhere in contact with the with your dick or the area around it, but thats only for some stds. my piont is, condoms rarely ever protect you from stds

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
If that's the case, you can get an STD from shaking hands with someone.

True, if someone has open sores from a disease, the condom won't help, as you're being exposed to bodily fluids that way, or if it's topical like genital warts, yeah, it won't help.

I understand your sentiment that a condom isn't going to protect you 100% from all possible diseases, but to say it's ineffective is both ignorant and misleading. I assume your purpose was to say "Be aware that a condom isn't going to assure you you're safe" and not "Bah, they don't work, so forget them," but that's not how it came across. In either case, "rarely ever protect you from STDs" is extraordinarily misleading.

God, how do old threads like this resurrect themselves? I wasted an hour wading through this damned thread. I still don't get the "church girl" mentality, either. I don't understand how "purity" is retained, in a religious/moral sense, by a woman who regularly has sexual contact of some kind so long as it's not vaginal sex. (Hell, there's even the "anal virgin" phenomenon, which is the ultimate absurdity.)

Either just grow up and admit (or even proclaim) you're a sexual person and you're willing to deal with whatever consequences that entails by your religion or ethics, or really live it and don't partake. I don't think Jesus or God or whoever is sitting somewhere thinking, "Wow, that girl with the c*ck in her mouth is showing real character, restraint, and purity, unlike that slut over there who's having SEX and will burn in HELL!"

MD

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
A certain condom company came out a few years ago and said that they guarantee that with that condom you will not get pregnant. If it did happen, all you had to do was give them the serial number off of the condom and they would refund you the money, no questions asked.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
binary visions said:

The thing is, that somone else could have ridden the same trail years ago and left something, a screw perhaps, behind in the trail. It sat covered with leaves and mud for years until some equestrian came along on a winter day and his horse squashed the "water bar". Rainfall eroded the trails immune system and allowed the screw to become exposed.

Now you come riding along on this so-called exclusive trail and run over the now exposed screw........

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
the Inbred said:
yeah, i wouldn't mind if my dick turned black fell off, either.
Well, we were both virgins before each other, so we're both clean...After her I'm going rubberized, however.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
BigMike said:
You know thats not necessarily true, right?
Yes, but the risk is very minimal at best. I think I've got a far better chance of picking up lung cancer from secondhand smoke than I do an STD from my girlfriend...

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
well, at least you were both still carrying the v-card.

BUT! don't rely only on the pill, or any form of birth control, to save you from makin' babies. first hand, i know of Ortho failing, Ortho-Lo failing, and the patch failing. all were used properly.

at least make sure you girl takes the pill at the same time each day. that is important.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
the Inbred said:
well, at least you were both still carrying the v-card.

BUT! don't rely only on the pill, or any form of birth control, to save you from makin' babies. first hand, i know of Ortho failing, Ortho-Lo failing, and the patch failing. all were used properly.

at least make sure you girl takes the pill at the same time each day. that is important.
Yeah, she does, she bitches about it, too. "Grumble grumble waking up at 8 every ****ing morning". It was her decision to go with the pill, but she isn't liking some of the side effects and the waking up. Currently thinking about the "once every three months" shot...

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
my girlfriend was on Ortho and that stuff was rough on her. she switched to Ortho Lo and it's a million times better. i doubt her and i would still be together were she still with the regular Ortho. it was that bad.