Quantcast

(~*~)UpTooEaryThursday(~*~)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hbd dave

/me has teh COVID or some analogue thereof. canceling dinner plans with relatives in Ikebukuro for Sat night. shall be masked up.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Definitely have fucked up my ribs. Riding yesterday was painful. Good things I only have two days of trailbuilding left.

HBD @DaveW :headbang:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Happy Birthday, Dave!! An RM original.

I called in sick to work today. Yesterday's shingles shot is running train on me. That's two sick days in the last three years. It's becoming a habit. :monkey:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
HBD @DaveW :cheers:

Had a good ride in the dark last night.

Though, the trolls have come out of hiding with their gas powered leaf blowers. So now a bunch of trails are lined with 6 inch walls of leaves, perfect for funneling water down. These folks must not ride or something either, because riding on the moist soil thats been cleared of leaves has much less grip than those with leaves.

AND some jackass horse owner lets its animal spray pesto green diarrhea shit all over one of the trails, for a significant distance. Come on man......

<end bitching> I swear it was a great ride!

And now le work.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Ok now Gf's work sucks too. My best friend work sucks too. What is this? Some shitty work environment epidemic?

On the bright side I've booked May room near the DH WC venue in Poland already. Not spending any more money just so I have some savings if I crash and burn on the new job. Fuck chosing a career with poor job mobility.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Happy Birthday, Dave!! An RM original.

I called in sick to work today. Yesterday's shingles shot is running train on me. That's two sick days in the last three years. It's becoming a habit. :monkey:
you're doing it wrong. i use my sick days when i'm just sick of dealing with other people's bullshit.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
late stage capitalism my friend.
I mean yeah but also Polish interpretation of capitalism which is "everything is chaos and that's good". Most of Yurp still has somewhat reasonable workflows. I've been told by multiple this week that it's normal we have arbitrary deadlines, doing shit for the last minute or that we can't handle information and get it to people properly. WTF.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
If it wasn't shit, they wouldn't call it "work." :clue: :D
Naah I have mates who somehow lucked out into amazing careers. Sure they complain but their complaint is "I had to work 2 weeks this month" or "oh no I'm just internationally succesful in my relaxing job". The assumption that work has to be shit is why work is shit. Managers go "work was shit when I started so why make it better for anyone". A well organized company without idiotic managment can easily make money and be a fairly chill place to work for.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Not sure whats on deck - I'm running an ammonia system for a friend who recently lost his wife. It's good times just a 15 minute drive out into the country. Gotta drop in on it several times a day.

Going to try and sneak in some trail cutting also. The dude who assaulted my friend is still on the loose. The sheriff says the US marshal is on the case.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Hold up, what'd I miss?
Last Saturday at one of our trailheads, a known-to-us crazy fucker was hanging in the parking lot and was out of his mind. He shot out a buddies truck tire and held him at gunpoint, accusing him of harboring a girl in the truck. He eventually backed off and my buddy drove away on the flat tire, meeting the sheriff down the road. Dude is still hiding out somewhere and apparently his prior arrest record has upped his current game to US marshal status.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Last Saturday at one of our trailheads, a known-to-us crazy fucker was hanging in the parking lot and was out of his mind. He shot out a buddies truck tire and held him at gunpoint, accusing him of harboring a girl in the truck. He eventually backed off and my buddy drove away on the flat tire, meeting the sheriff down the road. Dude is still hiding out somewhere and apparently his prior arrest record has upped his current game to US marshal status.
Yikes!

File that under reason #126 why I don't ride anymore, trailhead crazies with guns.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Naah I have mates who somehow lucked out into amazing careers. Sure they complain but their complaint is "I had to work 2 weeks this month" or "oh no I'm just internationally succesful in my relaxing job". The assumption that work has to be shit is why work is shit. Managers go "work was shit when I started so why make it better for anyone". A well organized company without idiotic managment can easily make money and be a fairly chill place to work for.
I mean... perhaps in Europe such wonderful things are possible... :D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
How many edges does Haley's room have that need to be painted around it detail? Yes. All of them. Started at 6:30 and it took 3hrs to finish all of the fine edge work. I think I'm going to do the first coat on the walls then take the girls to K1.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Jumping Jesus.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Well why aren't you working for one of those?!? :p
Because:

1. I'm in Poland not Muricah
2. I worked for one of those before for 4.5 years but wanted growth. I expected a mess but I'm good at organizing. Didn't expect a ziggurat made of shit levels of disorganization. 3 different projects started... without information about deadlines to anyone in the team and we have no inventory managment in any of them and key stakeholders have different parts of information they don't share. I am an imaginative person but I didn't expect a corportation designed by cenobites.
3. I'm looking to switch after 3 months of this shit. Launching TV channels and SVOD platforms with shit data is dumb.