Quantcast

(~*~)UpTooEaryThursday(~*~)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Holy hell. As most of you know, I've been in over my head since I walked in 8 months ago. I was talking to Carl about it and he says "welcome to my world. I've been here 20 years and have only had to deal with half the product." Here I am trying to get my head around the whole thing and it's big. I'm understanding my limitations and seeing where I can apply existing knowledge vs what I still need to learn.

I'm still excited about it, but I'm not sure I can maintain this level for 15 more years. Let alone 20. But I hope to be done before I hit the 20 mark.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Your trip just gets better and better.
I mean, missing my presentation wasn’t really that bad. No consequences and I’ll have a story to tell, and then this work funded trip to Japan to talk for 3 minutes became a work funded trip to Japan to talk for 0 minutes
"oh no I'm just internationally succesful in my relaxing job"
Does this count? :D

* I might not come back to this particular conference. Santiago next year. Not really due to embarrassment but because it’s not really comprised of interesting topics for me personally—too in the weeds. Like my own non-presentation.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I slept from 7:30-4:30 or so. (It’s now 5:31 here. Did a bunch of Duolingo)

Now sneezing/snuffling significantly less, coughing a touch. General feeling of malaise persists but I am less dead. So that’s an improvement.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Off to the hospital for ultrasounds on my leg. Weee.
1 of 2 ultrasounds performed today. have to wait for tomorrow for results as the DR left for the day.

2nd ultrasound is a specialty and only available at one location, and their next appointment is...... the end of january.

kill list.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
1 of 2 ultrasounds performed today. have to wait for tomorrow for results as the DR left for the day.

2nd ultrasound is a specialty and only available at one location, and their next appointment is...... the end of january.

kill list.
PM me images and I can look

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley's moving to Rotax (2-stroke). Wifey approved, begrudgingly, but at the end of the day, it's safer to be in a more advanced group.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So there is a Trump house 4 houses up that has a weird kid living there. I think he graduated last year or the year before. I just noticed a comic book sitting on the passenger seat of his car as I walked by with the dogs. It's a comic from this series. I had no idea this was a thing. :rofl:

Book8_Resize.png

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Haley's moving to Rotax (2-stroke). Wifey approved, begrudgingly, but at the end of the day, it's safer to be in a more advanced group.
Like mountain biking and skiing, even if the terrain and speed are more demanding, the fact that there are far fewer people and practically zero who don’t know what they’re doing increases both safety and fun factors.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Life is so good.

@SkaredShtles where is that snow?
Indy.

Cycled my bicycle at Floyd playing guide for @SkaredShtles

Wife kept him honest on the climbs and descents. Good times.
Wife was crackin' the whip on the 1st lap. Fortunately I blew up early on the 2nd lap and she passed me. :dead:

Hey @SkaredShtles it looked like Menthol was just packing up her MAGA Tacoma as we rolled down US40, didja see her on your way down?
I saw that. Was all that crazy shit on her Tacoma written in sharpie? :crazy:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
You should fix this. :homer:
I like my body not contaminated by bullets dear sir and I'm pretty fond of working public transport.

Though I did think about this because of job opportunities at movie studios. It's just I think this shit job has tempered my apetites for career growth. Right now sheep farming in Iceland sounds way better.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I mean, missing my presentation wasn’t really that bad. No consequences and I’ll have a story to tell, and then this work funded trip to Japan to talk for 3 minutes became a work funded trip to Japan to talk for 0 minutes

Does this count? :D

* I might not come back to this particular conference. Santiago next year. Not really due to embarrassment but because it’s not really comprised of interesting topics for me personally—too in the weeds. Like my own non-presentation.
It kinda reminds me of my old job when they sent me to cannes too late for the film market there so I could watch festival movies and chill drinking on a nearby Island on the company dole. Sure in general the company paid shit but that mistake I did enjoy

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I need to know more about Menthol and this tacoma

I'm not sure how but I'm pretty sure those two words are anagrams
Road construction flagger, appears to be 50's female. Her grey Tacoma has been parked near where she's working the last couple of times I've ridden at Floyd Hill. It's covered in nutjob writing which looks like sharpie.

I decided her name was probably Menthol.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I like my body not contaminated by bullets dear sir and I'm pretty fond of working public transport.
Can't argue with that. :mad: Don't suppose Poland needs any IT ops workers?

It's just I think this shit job has tempered my apetites for career growth. Right now sheep farming in Iceland sounds way better.
Now you're talking! Careers suck from my limited experience.