Quantcast

WC dh #2 Champéry

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
A few people I talked to online this evenign have said it is the steepest track they have ever seen, period. Super tight switchbacks and loamy, hero dirt in many sections. Being fresh cut though, it will probably rut up pretty quickly in the berms and switchbacks. Looks like a rad event!
www.jillkintner.com has some good pics of 4x and DH

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
this looks like a course straight out of Downhill Domination. :rofl:

should be interesting to see who does well here.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I am sure Kintners server appreciates all the hacked traffic from the images placed in here ???

Steepness, jesus save them all ;)
Those wide open, fresh cut trees, no trail sections look pretty dumb, but other bits look incredibly wicked cool.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
that course is SO similar to the one used in argentina in march for the UCI pan ams, if it rains im sure CVD, markolf and antonio will be having deja vus.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I'm going to have to chime back in with a big fat "he knew". Now which rider was it that we all know who can ride straight down euro switchbacks in mud non-stop for 5-6 minutes straight? Seems like someone made a career out of it. It'll come to me.

Just give me a sec!

Hmmm....let me think.....:think:....

Tech.....

Nasty......

Steep.......

Long...........

Wet...............

Euro..................

Gimee 10 seconds.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Man, when you can see how steep it is just from the pictures, it must be truly nutty. If it rains....holy crap. Fresh cut, rooted, steep trails....glad I'm not riding it.

Whoever wins is a beast. I'd love to see Nico take it, but I'm not sure that'll happen.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Damn that looks great. If it rains its going to be a sick battle. I just hope it's even conditions for everyone.

My prediction in the dry

1) Hill
2) Minnaar
3) Gee
4) Atkinson
5) Nico

My prediction in the wet

1) Hill by 10+
2) Nico
3) Minnaar
4) Gee
5) Peat

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Damn that looks great. If it rains its going to be a sick battle. I just hope it's even conditions for everyone.

My prediction in the dry

1) Hill
2) Minnaar
3) Gee
4) Atkinson
5) Nico

My prediction in the wet

1) Hill by 10+
2) Nico
3) Minnaar
4) Gee
5) Peat
FANBOYS UNITE!

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Nico's goal is a top 5 and that is realistic.....wet muddy conditions will give him a better chance though.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
alex rankin's report after practice quoted on littermag...

from Alex Rankin:
"this is the most interesting DH track for years, so steep and it never stops, the great tech riders are shining, brendan, blenkisop and brycland are all going hard. Nico Vouilloz is unreal and its great to see the old master riding again, but with all these tight turns Sam Hill will take the win, it's in the bag." -alex

another practice report from vorb http://www.vorb.org.nz/article-60960.html

sounds like everyone is on flats due to the neverending croners and zero pedaling sections

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
I just fired off a repo and some more pics to transcendmagazine.com, should be up soon if Fraser pulls the finger out.

Today I realised two things, Swiss land has some steep hills and mountain bikes are cool!

Later dawgs, I need coffees and cold showers!