Quantcast

WC dh #2 Champéry

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
i've heard multiple times that he's 5'9". wasn't there footage of him standing on tippy toes on the podium in alpha project (?), with him in first, of course :D , where peat was on a lower step yet just as tall?
I never said he was a 'giant', but if someone is calling him a weeman, that is not correct.
Peat is 6' 3" so he is gonna look a giant to anyone.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Man, it's going to be a WICKED world cup!

I say:

1st: Nico
2: Peaty
3: Gee Atherton
4: Sam Hill
5: Cedric

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
http://www.littermag.com/features/champery/day1/4.htm
Interesting, Vanessa Quinn is running the new leatt brace. I guess after braking your neck you wouldn't hesitate too. But seriously, I have one of those on order for mx, but I thought it was overkill for dh. Maybe not?
I know someone that is using one for DH. Honestly. I have thought about it. Neck injuries scare the begeebuz out of me.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Course looks good enough that I almost sacked off going racing myself this weekend in favour of flying out to watch the world cup! Flights are a bit pricey though :( Really hope it's not a one-off, would love to be there in person - photos never do steepness justice, but it does look hella steep - must be mental in person!

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
On Transcend, Gary Perkin's reported that Nico's bike was noisier that previous ones.

Any idea as to why this bike is so noisy? Rear mech smackin the frame? Self-inflating whoopee cushin built into the seat? Any Lapierre owners care to comment?

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
On Transcend, Gary Perkin's reported that Nico's bike was noisier that previous ones.

Any idea as to why this bike is so noisy? Rear mech smackin the frame? Self-inflating whoopee cushin built into the seat? Any Lapierre owners care to comment?
i would not be too hard to make a bike noisier than his previous race bike... mostly because the V-process made zero noise at all, it was like a hover bike that did not touch the ground