Quantcast

What's the dumbest thing you've done for a girl/guy?

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
the Inbred said:
current g/f would be Kujo. she hates Alyson with a passion. Alyson's not too aggressive. pretty laid baa...Mandi is a fireball.

this summer, right before i left for my trip, Mandi and i had a huge argument that pretty much broke us up. during the trip, her and i didn't talk much, and i made the mistake of calling Alyson. quite often. and writing her when we, t4k, were in the middle of no where. Mandi doesn't know this. nor does she know that i've visited Alyson a few times while she was home ...the most recent time being a couple days before i left for my trip. that's probably one of the dumber things i've done, knowing it would end my current relationship in a heartbeat. don't regret it, though.
Let me get this straight...
You are thinking about attending a wedding for a girl that if your current girlfreind knew you had talked to, it could end your current relationship?

You're really not convincing me that it would be a good idea.

BTW - is Alyson an Ex? If so how did you treat her that she feels she needs to tell you that the guy she is marrying treats her good...

Plus the whole line of:
I want to give you an invitation, if you want one
makes it sound like there is still tension there.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i'm not trying to convince you it'd be a good idea. i'm just typing stuff 'cause i have nothing much else to do right now. things between alyson and i were good. she's just had some screwed up relationships prior to the engagement. 5 of my friends have gotten married in the past 1.5yrs. craaaazy.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
the Inbred said:
i'm not trying to convince you it'd be a good idea. i'm just typing stuff 'cause i have nothing much else to do right now. things between alyson and i were good. she's just had some screwed up relationships prior to the engagement. 5 of my friends have gotten married in the past 1.5yrs. craaaazy.
But do you see my point?

The marrage thing and the baby thing are like dominos man... as soon as one falls, they all start to fall.

Luckily I moved away before my freinds started to have kids, 8 couples had kids - or are about to - in the last year!!!

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
El Jefe said:
If she really was perfect for you, then that "good time" of which you speak would have been any "time" spent with her. I'm sure we've all met the right person, but at the wrong time....and timing really is everything. The right person AND the right time are what make her "perfect." Forgive yourself and vanquish all regret. :D
yeah i was young dumb and full of......
you know the rest

I don't believe in regrets. Everything is a lesson in life and should be taken in stride...but that one thing still hurts. But like i said, life goes on.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Slugman said:
But do you see my point?

The marrage thing and the baby thing are like dominos man... as soon as one falls, they all start to fall.

Luckily I moved away before my freinds started to have kids, 8 couples had kids - or are about to - in the last year!!!
Yeah, I've noticed that trend lately too. I don't know if it's like a panic thing 'cause George W is back in office or something but there's a lot of chics popping w/ kids right now. I mean on my block, there must be something like 5 newborns. I think we should start another thread about all the buns in the oven of late. It gets kinda scary when single chic are starting to bake down too just because they can...?!

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
totally unrelated to rest of thread but commenting on topic above...i know an old ex that is on kid #3, #1 was natural, but 2 and 3 were 'fake and bake'.

shes got the $ to take care of them (makes 6 figures a year) but how the hell do you explain to the kid...yer dad was a big needle???

is it just me or is that wrong...

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
narlus said:
mission of burma
blue öyster cult
aerosmith
patti smith
talking heads
ramones
blondie
sonic youth
harDCore scene
yo la tengo
pixies

east coast represent!
Jeez, Uncle Tupelo is about the only one I can think of from the Midwest.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
narlus said:
do you break out into boils if kids are in the proximity?
I've learned to avoid them well enough to not know the answer to that one... with of course the exception of my totally cool Nephew/God Son. :D

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
This thread just made me re- think a really dumb decision I was about to make. I decided against it and its going to save me big time, so thanks.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
heikkihall said:
This thread just made me re- think a really dumb decision I was about to make. I decided against it and its going to save me big time, so thanks.
were you gonna pop the question?

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
They are? Oh, I have "mermaid avenue" with Wilco in it. So i assumed since Wilco is basiclly Uncle Tupelo and they were from the midwest, and becaue Wilco and Billy Brag made a CD together that they were from the same area. :blah: ;)

Jan 13, 2005
I went to the high school prom. That was dumb. We ended up leaving and had taco dinner in cannery Row in monterey.

Prom Bids: 80 dollars
Tux: 89 dollars
the flower thingy, 15 dollars.
(whic hwas like two weeks of pay at my job at the time, or a Azonic steelhead that I wanted so badly)

the realization that iwould have done away with it with a 10 dollar taco dinner at 4 in the morning, priceless

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
the Inbred said:
holy ****. i just got an e-mail from the girl i did a lot of dumb stuff for.

Dustin
Hey! It has been a long long time since Ive emailed you. Ive been really busy. Lots of things have been going on with me. First of all, I got engaged and I am getting married March 12! Its in about 8 weeks. Im really excited, and I know you probabaly think its a crazy thing for me to do, but its gonna be really good. Hes a great guy and he treats me good! I want to give you an invitation, if you want one. That would be great if you could drive up for the reception and say hi. Give me your address so we can send you one. Anyways, so thats pretty much why Ive been busy lately. It takes alot trying to plan a wedding. I already got my dress and I am making the invitations by myself to save some money, so thats keeping me pretty busy. Anyways, I hope lifes treating you as good as its treating me. Talk to ya later!
-aly

oh man. i'm floored. i don't know if i want to go or not. i mean, i want to so that i can see her, but man...i don't know if i can see her getting married. oh man. i don't know what to say.
i never did respond to this e-mail (never got an invite, either). and oddly enough, i was up around her area last weekend while visiting my girlfriend. completely forgot that aly was getting married, though.

J

JRB

the Inbred said:
i never did respond to this e-mail (never got an invite, either). and oddly enough, i was up around her area last weekend while visiting my girlfriend. completely forgot that aly was getting married, though.
meh - it's hard to focus on sewing and friends. :D

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i know, right? though, i've come to the realization that i can't really call her a friend. like someone else said without saying, hard to be a friend when you know nothing about a person.

you're in Temple, right? that high school football stadium looks weird. the design of it.

J

JRB

the Inbred said:
You're in Temple, right? that high school football stadium looks weird. the design of it.
Yes - it is weird. Stop by when you come through again.

*The ONE serious girlfriend I had before Julie, is affectionately referred to as "the dead girl". Not that aly is dead, but she could be. :think:

J

JRB

the Inbred said:
is there a Luby's in Temple, just off 35N, or was that some other town?
Yes - but stop it. You are making it sound lamer than it really is. :think:

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
narlus said:
that stretch from the plains to the rockies ain't holdin' up their end of the bargain.
If you want a sample of what is happening in this stretch of the midwest, check out the Painfully Midwestern compiliation. It is well worth the $12.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Bought all the parts and used all my spares stuff to build a kickazz little specialized SJ pro hardtail. We broke up and now I have a stripped hardtail frame that I could really use every once in a while :nope: never build a bike for a chick unless she is your wife :dead:. Also I'm sure the bike I built has rarely been ridden and is sitting in her garage with 2 flat tires and a rusty chain.

J

JRB

golgiaparatus said:
Bought all the parts and used all my spares stuff to build a kickazz little specialized SJ pro hardtail. We broke up and now I have a stripped hardtail frame that I could really use every once in a while :nope: never build a bike for a chick unless she is your wife :dead:. Also I'm sure the bike I built has rarely been ridden and is sitting in her garage with 2 flat tires and a rusty chain.
Are you SURE that is the dumbest???

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
the Inbred said:
holy ****. i just got an e-mail from the girl i did a lot of dumb stuff for.

Dustin
Hey! It has been a long long time since Ive emailed you. Ive been really busy. Lots of things have been going on with me. First of all, I got engaged and I am getting married March 12! Its in about 8 weeks. Im really excited, and I know you probabaly think its a crazy thing for me to do, but its gonna be really good. Hes a great guy and he treats me good! I want to give you an invitation, if you want one. That would be great if you could drive up for the reception and say hi. Give me your address so we can send you one. Anyways, so thats pretty much why Ive been busy lately. It takes alot trying to plan a wedding. I already got my dress and I am making the invitations by myself to save some money, so thats keeping me pretty busy. Anyways, I hope lifes treating you as good as its treating me. Talk to ya later!
-aly

oh man. i'm floored. i don't know if i want to go or not. i mean, i want to so that i can see her, but man...i don't know if i can see her getting married. oh man. i don't know what to say.
got an e-mail from this girl today. first time i've heard from her since this here e-mail. since getting married, she's dropped out of school, and is now a nanny. her husband is in school, though. she moved to my girlfriend's hometown. she ended the e-mail with "you can e-mail me back, but since i don't check this e-mail much anymore, it might be a while before you hear back."

:thumb:

J

JRB

the Inbred said:
<snip>"you can e-mail me back, but since i don't check this e-mail much anymore, it might be a while before you hear back."

:thumb:
Is that like a decade, since 8 months doesn't appear to be "a while" to her. :think:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
back in the day of youthfulness and innocence as a college sophomore, i decided i had to blow my meager savings to flight overnight from new orleans to houston to lima for a weekend... just to see my high school sweetheart after a break up ..... funny thing i didnt know at the time, she had a new boyfriend.

pretty awkward knocking on the door, went to her house, fresh out of the plane... to see the new bf in the house. just stepped in, and small-talked like for one whole incredibly akward hour with them, pretending nothing is going on.

talk about "earth-swallow-me" moments. i win!