Quantcast

Where's your Jesus now?

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
HAHAHA!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_hepatitis_a_communion

MASSAPEQUA PARK, N.Y. – Health officials say hundreds of people may have been exposed to hepatitis A while receiving communion on Christmas Day at a church on Long Island, N.Y.

The Nassau County Health Department said Monday it will offer vaccines this week to anyone who received communion at the church Dec. 25. A church spokesman told Newsday that the investigation was ongoing and that he could not identify who might have transmitted the virus.

Symptoms may include fever, fatigue, poor appetite, nausea, stomach pain, dark-colored urine and jaundice. The disease is rarely fatal and most people recover in a few weeks without any complications.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Oh, and BTW, even though the Bible teaches tolerance, Christians are some of the most intolerant people you ever meet.
I have only met a very few truly religious Christians. I have nothing but the highest respect for someone who really believes and actually follows the sensible portions of the bible. But these people are rare as hen's teeth. For 99% of Christians, it's just a license to do what ever low-down, dirty sh!t you can get away with, because Jesus forgives you.

:rofl: My coworker is kind of pissed at me now because I said "I got religion and now it burns when I pee."

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
I have only met a very few truly religious Christians. I have nothing but the highest respect for someone who really believes and actually follows the sensible portions of the bible. But these people are rare as hen's teeth. For 99% of Christians, it's just a license to do what ever low-down, dirty sh!t you can get away with, because Jesus forgives you.

:rofl: My coworker is kind of pissed at me now because I said "I got religion and now it burns when I pee."
That's probably because you live in FL! :rofl:

My church is freakin' uber open: "First Presbyterian Church strives to be an inclusive, diverse community of faith which provides a strong bond of affection and care."

...plus we use hand sanitizer and individual communion cups!:D

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
My sister and her husband are recent "born again" converts. Very evangelical church. We do not discuss that subject very often :D

Big J

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Chicago
I see it's still hip to rip on Christians....:disgust:

Has everyone here reached a state of grace by riding a fixie while wearing a fedora?

Christian bashing is just another Hollywood culture, hipster trend....Lighten up.......

J

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

Has everyone here reached a state of grace by riding a fixie while wearing a fedora?

Christian bashing is just another Hollywood culture, hipster trend....Lighten up.......

J
no.

i have no problem with christians or christmas.

jesus still slays though.

so does allah.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

J
people still bash on Christians because they're hypocrites.

Love thy neighbor... unless they're gay. Or from a different religion, then start a war.

Save the sanctity of marriage... prevent gays from marrying, but divorce is still OK

Ignore scientific evidence... world created by magic.

Granted, not all Christians hold these beliefs. But the failure to condemn these absurd contradictions by those who don't believe them is the same as condoning these beliefs.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
people still bash on Christians because they're hypocrites.
Here in lies the problem. People say that everyone gets BBQ'ed here, but that's not the truth.

One can say a blanket statement like Jon just did, but I have not seen anyone make other blanket statements like "People still bash on blacks because they're lazy".

Just sayin'. :D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here in lies the problem. People say that everyone gets BBQ'ed here, but that's not the truth.

One can say a blanket statement like Jon just did, but I have not seen anyone make other blanket statements like "People still bash on blacks because they're lazy".

Just sayin'. :D
but I at least backed up my statement with supporting information.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
but I at least backed up my statement with supporting information.
...but it's selective information, just like the "Citizen's Councils" used in the south of the 50's.

I understand the need to aggregate and to stereotype - it makes the world a lot simpler. I'm just saying that this BBQ is very selective. It's like "white meat" only. :rofl:

Big J

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Chicago
If you haven't noticed, everything gets ripped on this board.

Religion is no different.
Yea I know....I guess I'm getting cranky in my old age. btw we haven't had a good burning at the stake in while, it may be time to spark it up!....j/k.

J

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Yea I know....I guess I'm getting cranky in my old age. btw we haven't had a good burning at the stake in while, it may be time to spark it up!....j/k.

J
No worries.
I've just been on the other side and been preached too a few too many times. It has cost me a few relationships and has caused some trouble in my family. So I may take a shot or two against religion from time to time.

But I really don't "hate" christians, or any religion.