Quantcast

Where's your Jesus now?

conor

Monkey
Jan 19, 2009
Ireland
people still bash on Christians because they're hypocrites.

Love thy neighbor... unless they're gay. Or from a different religion, then start a war.

Save the sanctity of marriage... prevent gays from marrying, but divorce is still OK

Ignore scientific evidence... world created by magic.

Granted, not all Christians hold these beliefs. But the failure to condemn these absurd contradictions by those who don't believe them is the same as condoning these beliefs.
It can be an extremely important part of people's lives whether a contradiction or not, and should be respected no matter what your opinion is.

Last edited:

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
and vise vs., makes about much sense as XC guys ripping on DH'rs......

J
No thats the thing, it does make sense.
Religion served its purpose a long looong time ago and we dont need it anymore.
In fact, we would be better of without it.

Think about it. You only worship the Judeo Christian god because of the place where you were born and grew up. If you were born in Iran you would worship allah and if you were born in some dark forrest in Africa you would worship the great Ugu Bugu monster on the top of the volcano.
God as an explanation has become obsolete because we have science now to fill in the holes.
The fact that religious people still excist at all is to blame on the fact that people arent being educated in the right way.

People all over the world are still religious because they are taught to be. And they are being taught wrong.

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
Typical RM thread. Starts off on particular subject matter (Jesus), ends on everyone chatting with each other about something completely unrelated... (2011 DH season) :rofl:

As to the Hep A, it was probably spread by some unbeliever.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
People still seem to think they need religion to live a decent life.
The opposite is true however.
Honestly, I have no issues with people practicing religion; personally its not my thing. What I DO have a HUGE problem with is using religion as a grounds to persecute others, and to try and force others to comply with their own views on how to lead their lives.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
If you were born in Iran you would worship allah and if you were born in some dark forrest in Africa you would worship the great Ugu Bugu monster on the top of the volcano.
Well all those people are going to Hell.

Heaven is going to be full of White people, African Americans, Hispanic people, and a small cross section of Africans that strangely know how to use tupperware.

Big J

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Chicago
Typical RM thread. Starts off on particular subject matter (Jesus), ends on everyone chatting with each other about something completely unrelated... (2011 DH season)
Everyone, would we have it any other way? I think not...:D

J

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Honestly, I have no issues with people practicing religion; personally its not my thing. What I DO have a HUGE problem with is using religion as a grounds to persecute others, and to try and force others to comply with their own views on how to lead their lives.
I have a problem with religion because it is forced upon young children over the world as some fairytale about how the world and its people came together.
It is also taught as some form of guide to morality in a way that is totally absurd and obsolete.
This should stop and children should be taught the truth.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Typical RM thread. Starts off on particular subject matter (Jesus), ends on everyone chatting with each other about something completely unrelated...
that's not a phenomena isolated to RM, it's the whole internet. In fact, it's internet rule 25.

Rlue 13 also applies to this thread.

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
Kind of like Al Qaeda muslims that want you to convert or die.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Here in lies the problem. People say that everyone gets BBQ'ed here, but that's not the truth.

One can say a blanket statement like Jon just did, but I have not seen anyone make other blanket statements like "People still bash on blacks because they're lazy".

Just sayin'. :D

Being a religious zealot and/or a hypocrit are choices people make, and makes them fair game for heavy criticism. Being black is not a choice, which is one reason bashing on them is more taboo.

Regardless, it's certainly true that there is a lot of unfair generalization around here.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
This place is like the Blue Oyster Bar. If you walk in unprepared you're gonna get butt hurt.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
There is so much to rep here, but no time to rep. Brilliant thread.