Quantcast

Who here actually rides??

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
I'm not core - never was - never will be. ;) I sold my bigger bike to a friend who rides dh/freeride with her hubby.
I ride XC, love long epic rides, but lately (guess it's old age or something) I've been more of a fair weather person...and rock climbing is a more frequent activity than riding lately...
So - ya - I post lame stuff, and I don't post much about riding ever... :) I prolly shouldn't post on RM anymore either, but it became a bad habit a few years ago.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
binary visions said:
My riding varies. Some years, I ride a lot. Some years, not so much. Past year, not so much. All depends on what else is going on in my life - relationships, work, friends, etc.

I'm in pretty lousy shape right now, going to try to be back in shape for the summer to pick up on riding again.
:stupid:

Lame job, lame commute, starting a business, kid, band, coke habit, etc.

Damn I love my bike though.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
kidwoo said:
NAMES!!!!

NAMES!!!!

Hey rideit: is that the top of black canyon off teton pass?
No, it is a trail *near* there, that maybe 30 people have ever ridden on bikes. And it's legal. It is north of Driggs.
Blacks is played, Lithium is the new steeze....as well as Crater Lake stunts, and of course Phillips. I live 8.3 miles to the top of the pass...yahoo!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
rideit said:
No, it is a trail *near* there, that maybe 30 people have ever ridden on bikes. And it's legal. It is north of Driggs.
Blacks is played, Lithium is the new steeze....as well as Crater Lake stunts, and of course Phillips. I live 8.3 miles to the top of the pass...yahoo!
While knowing what's played or not is certainly important, I've only been to jackson sans winter once......and rode black canyon. I just remembered the top kind of looking like that.

Did you ever meet a guy named jed colvin?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
binary visions said:
My riding varies. Some years, I ride a lot. Some years, not so much. Past year, not so much. All depends on what else is going on in my life - relationships, work, friends, etc.

I'm in pretty lousy shape right now, going to try to be back in shape for the summer to pick up on riding again.
To busy being the voice of reason. I understand....

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
kidwoo said:
While knowing what's played or not is certainly important, I've only been to jackson sans winter once......and rode black canyon. I just remembered the top kind of looking like that.

Did you ever meet a guy named jed colvin?
Jed is/was my next door neighbor. I am looking at his dirt jumps as I type!(under 3 feet of snow)
Harlan, Josh, Clay, Adrian, those are all bro's.
Sick riders!!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
rideit said:
Jed is/was my next door neighbor. I am looking at his dirt jumps as I type!(under 3 feet of snow)
Harlan, Josh, Clay, Adrian, those are all bro's.
Sick riders!!
I ride with jed all the time. I guess you know he lives here in tahoe now. He told me how protective of those jumps he is.:)

He's coming to jackson next week. I'd love to join him (I still might) but I just got bought out of all my vacation time via a new employer. I'm trying to see if I can fly into idaho falls and get him to pick me up.

You should come down here and pay him a visit this summer.

I mostly ride the Joker, which you know...
And I have the Bridgestone, which I haven't ridden much since m'fest...
And a Fort road bike...
And now the Haro BMX, on which I am just starting to demonstrate my incompetence, mostly in our office up to this point.

I do most of my riding locally, and most of that solo. I enjoy riding with other folks but seldom manage to match up schedules. I like technical riding, particularly low speed balance moves. I also like going downhill fast on rough terrain. I like to crash and usually get away with it (we need that old video clip, jdcamb...).

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
lux said:
Yup -- got it for $50 at a hock shop.

Sorry I never got with you -- I spent all my time up in Park City. Thanks for the invite, though.
Oh, that was YOU!!! :redhot:

Haha, jk...wondered what happened to that. No prob.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Just to clarify, those jumps terrify me, and I haven't hit em' since they were babies. Tell jed he is a pigfocker for not walking over and saying Hi, and that I admit that I am one too.

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
Let's see....last Saturday did a road race then a group training xc ride with the team the next day. Twelve hours of training thru the week.Tomorrow another road race,next Sat is a tt,Sun is a xc race.Following Sun is xc race then a century the following Sunday.The following weekend is xc race at Tsali.So yeah i ride:rofl:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
johnbryanpeters said:
I mostly ride the Joker, which you know...
And I have the Bridgestone, which I haven't ridden much since m'fest...
And a Fort road bike...
And now the Haro BMX, on which I am just starting to demonstrate my incompetence, mostly in our office up to this point.

I do most of my riding locally, and most of that solo. I enjoy riding with other folks but seldom manage to match up schedules. I like technical riding, particularly low speed balance moves. I also like going downhill fast on rough terrain. I like to crash and usually get away with it (we need that old video clip, jdcamb...).
I don't think we need to see that again. Somethings just need to fade away. I would however like to ride with you when your not injured and I am sober.....

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
jdcamb said:
So lets see the roll call. What kind of bike do you ride the most. What type of riding do you do the most. Where do you do it the most. Where is the coolest place you have gone to ride. Just basically lets here about bikes.

jdcamb
Dude i've been up for 36 straight hours. What's that gotta do with this post and my birthday tomorrow? Absolutely nothing, but it does add an interestingly strange tangent if you ask me....

Speaking of Burfdays, i'm gonna spend it riding probably in some snow, in the Hobbit like forest of the Olympics. On one of them new fangled All Mountain bikes. Otherwise known to old-skoolers as a downhill bike that pedals well and is light.

Maybe i'll bring a camera.... i think i should....

i ride XC alot, but it's not really a typical XC i suppose, i ride predominately in Washington State, and the coolest ride i've been on? i don't think in that way, all killer rides tend to group together in memory and have a ragin kegger as they all blend together in my fragmented skull.

To summarize... Bikey's is cool!

yup time for some sleep....

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
For about the past 5 years most of my riding has been purely gravity fed...but since I moved to NZ its been a whole other story. So much single track and sweet places to explore, it brought me back to why I started biking in the first place. Touching huh?

These shots are the lower part of a favorite trail...only about 10 minutes from home too. I love this place...

Attachments

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i ride when i can...lately that hasn't been all that much, due to the winter season/crappy weather and the fact that i really dislike nightriding in cold weather.

a good year for me is 6-8 times @ at a DH mountain, and then whatever i can fit in for trail riding (which last year wasn't that much, maybe 8-10 times?). but w/ two young kids and a job, i really don't get out as much as i used to several years ago.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
biggins said:
i ride when i have a bike. i just dont have a biek right now.
want to buy a haro frame?

Seriously man, you need a bike again. Im planning on another trip or two to pisgah this summer as well...you might think about calling me back sometime..bastard.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
A yeti 575 and a Specialized Roubaix Pro. I typically ride at least 2 times a week in the winter and 4 times a week during the rest of the year.

Normally, I don't post about rides because they are the same go fly around the same old trails for 2 to 2.5 hours. Which to me is just not that interesting. About once a month we make a trip out of town to Pisgah, Virginia or West Virginia. Never take photos on rides because my crew just doesn't. We hardly wait on each for mechanicals. We go to Colorado for a week and we took exactly 3 ride pictures. The rest was pictures of the stupid stuff we saw and did.

Of course if something bizarre or destructive happens then that is something I'm going to bring up. Otherwise I'd rather waste my time being stupid here, which I'm very good at.

Skooks and Shyrmp threads are usually the only ride threads I find interesting as they both are very good photographers and tell good stories. Or if I see a location that I haven't heard about before then I'll take a peak. But in some ride threads I swear to god I see the exact same people riding the exact same trails and if they aren't they might as well be. That's fine some folks dig that and hate the other crap, its the Lounge.