Quantcast

>>> Windy Monderp gmt<<<

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My favorite thing of the day is realizing how often my companies quality control department misspells quality in their documents, including the quality control manager whose job title is listed as Qaulity Control Manager.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Fucking rain, rained hard yesterday/last night, just changed over to wet snow this morning, back to rain now.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
There ain't been no sweet 'taters in this house in... months? Nay, YEARS.
That makes me sad for you. We made a sweet potato chili yesterday in the slow cooker... serranos, punkin' jalaepños, habeñero, and some other thing I don't remember for flavor and heat. Sweet potatos, diced tomatoes, black and kidney beans, some ground not meat, chopped up an onion and chucked it in there. Heat from the chiles was good enough, additional spicing from cumin and cinnamon to round it all out. Bit o' chicken stock in there, pinch of salt. Fuckin' delicious.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
thanks for the reminder, i saw the first christmas / winter ales on the shelves the other day and meant to rant about it. @BikeGeek explain yourself!
Yeah I don't know about other Christmas / winter ales, but Hibernation is generally released around this time. I was actually thinking it was a bit late this year? Maybe not... FKNA I like that beer though.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
That makes me sad for you. We made a sweet potato chili yesterday in the slow cooker... serranos, punkin' jalaepños, habeñero, and some other thing I don't remember for flavor and heat. Sweet potatos, diced tomatoes, black and kidney beans, some ground not meat, chopped up an onion and chucked it in there. Heat from the chiles was good enough, additional spicing from cumin and cinnamon to round it all out. Bit o' chicken stock in there, pinch of salt. Fuckin' delicious.
That actually sounds purdy good.

We have a shitload of winter squash that we pulled out of the garden to use up, but maybe... just *maybe* I'll get some sweet 'taters after we use those up and make... somethin'. :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Sunny out but wicked cold. It's like overnight dropped 20 freedoms. Imma stay inside as much as possible, beer.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
There is a mischief of magpies under my deck right now. Wonder what those bastards are up to.

Also, kittens:
IMG_20201026_090740_01.jpg
IMG_20201026_090744_01.jpg
IMG_20201026_090637_01.jpg

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It appears a certain family in Highlands Ranch is now the proud owner of two little kitties! :D
Fostering, yo. They go to another household and we get a new pair. Wifey's mom wants one, but they're super bonded, so we're pushing to keep them together.

We also can't really have cats because we are on open space and have a doggy door. That combination with the coyotes we saw this am is deadly.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Fostering, yo.
Oh yeah, "fostering"...

They go to another household and we get a new pair.
Your naivete is cute. :D

Wifey's mom wants one, but they're super bonded, so we're pushing to keep them together.
Yeah - you're *definitely* going to keep them together. :p

We also can't really have cats because we are on open space and have a doggy door.
Well, never mind... that's a show-stopper. No way to do anything with a doggie door. :busted:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Oh yeah, "fostering"...

Your naivete is cute. :D

Yeah - you're *definitely* going to keep them together. :p

Well, never mind... that's a show-stopper. No way to do anything with a doggie door. :busted:
My dog doesnt know how to shit on a walk, let alone "on demand". Doggy door locked all day is a non-starter.

And if we can find a home for them, we can get them adopted out together; they never make it to the agency. It's like MLM for kitten distribution.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
My dog doesnt know how to shit on a walk, let alone "on demand". Doggy door locked all day is a non-starter.

And if we can find a home for them, we can get them adopted out together; they never make it to the agency. It's like MLM for kitten distribution.
Teaching your dog that stuff is gonna be WAY easier than getting rid of those kittens. :D

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
“But Daddy, you’re not really going to get rid of them are you ?”

Yeah, those kitties are staying.
Haley knows and we've been telling Hannah every day. It's not going to make for a fun transition though, that's for sure.