Quantcast

world cup

kahner89

Monkey
May 25, 2006
spokanistan
haha just what i predicted.. seems familiar after EURO but its ok Brazil lost too. It is funny when everyone wants Brazil to win and they jump on the bandwagon cuz they know Brazil is going to be good and in the end they get knocked out similiarly as before (World Cup 1998), well its been fun

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
I don't have any preferance this year, but it looked like both games today were played by worn out teams, and whoever had the best fitness prevailed.

The English side had the look of defeat on their faces during the first 10 minutes. And I don't think I've ever yelled at my television as much as during the Brazil/France game....the damn forewards and attacking middies needed to MOVE AND CREATE SPACE! Jesus, I don't think I've ever seen so many great names standing around and not challenging if they lost the ball.

France definatly out played Brazil and it just looked like the English had already decided that was as far as they wanted to go.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
DNA said:
That red card on Rooney was total bull.
He stomped on a man's junk while wearing cleats. How is that bull? If it were your junk, I bet you might feel a bit different.

I'm happy to see England out, same goes for Brazil. I stick by my word that the winner of Argentina v. Germany will win it all. (side note, 11 host teams have won the world cup).

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
That's a load of crap. It only looked intentional in slo-mo. At game speed, it looked like he accidently stepped on the guy while trying to get back up. The fix was in on this game.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Damn, now all my teams are out. Guess I am rooting for Portugal now. The Germany v. Italy game was great though. I damn near left the room thinking it was headed to PK's with like 3 minutes left in the second over.

ukjason

sexist pig
May 14, 2006
leicester uk
jimmydean said:
Damn, now all my teams are out. Guess I am rooting for Portugal now. The Germany v. Italy game was great though. I damn near left the room thinking it was headed to PK's with like 3 minutes left in the second over.
Never mention that P word again

shame on you:nonono: :nonono:

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Changleen said:
Christiano Ronaldo is going to be a somewhat unpopular chap now.
I was amazed during today's match at how unpopular he was. Maybe it was because I missed Portugal's match with England, but it was interesting how any time he even touched the ball the entire sound of the stadium transformed to boos.

Myself, I'll be rooting for Italy on Sunday, being well, somewhat Italian. :p :D

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
They put up a big screen in Pioneer Courthouse Square and I missed it! They are doing it again for the finals, but I have a race on Sunday! Damnit, big screen AND free WiFi, that kicks ass.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
ALEXIS_DH said:
zidane´s heabutt was worse..
way to end a career
No f'ing kidding. What a douchebag.

I don't know what could possibly possess him to end his career by dropping another player with a head butt. Now, instead of being remembered for his career, everyone will point to that last incident.

Too bad it had to be decided by penalty kicks.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
everyone is gonna remember zidanes last game. . . as him acting like a jackass, what an idiot, why would you end you career getting thrown out in the final match of the world cup! what a ****ing loser.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
binary visions said:
No f'ing kidding. What a douchebag.

I don't know what could possibly possess him to end his career by dropping another player with a head butt. Now, instead of being remembered for his career, everyone will point to that last incident.

Too bad it had to be decided by penalty kicks.
:stupid:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
He also has the disginguishment of being the only player to ever be red carded out in overtime of a final game... What an honor :rolleyes:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Golden goal is the way to go. PKs just suck. And Zidane? Sad way for a great player to go out.
It will be interesting to see how the game fixing investigation with Juventus goes. A bunch of the Ities play there...

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
It was one of those games where I just couldn't work out who I wanted to lose the most. So I didn't care much. Zidane is an idiot though.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
DaveW said:
That headbutt.....probably the only legit rolling on the ground in agony of the whole world cup!!
I dunno man, he only butted the guy on the chest. Seemed like he coulda stayed on his feet if he'd wanted to. In fact it looked a little like he was so surprised that he almost forgot to throw himself onto the ground.

Not that I'm excusing Zidane in any way, but that butt would not have floored anyone who wanted to remain standing.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Apart from the stupidity of it in the first place if you are gonna go the 'butt then you might as well do it straight between the eyes. If the ref sees it you're gone anyway so you might as well be hung for a sheep than a lamb.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Does anyone know why Zidane headbutted that guy? I didn't see that portion of the game as I was on the road with my sons driving them to their grandparents house.