Quantcast

worst movie thread

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Ninja Assassins was horrible right from the beginning.
There was so much blood and decapitation, it HAS to be good.

I liked it because I am a fan of the chain whip and even though a lot of it was special effects, it was still some cool weapons scene action.

I wouldn't have paid to watch it, though.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
There was so much blood and decapitation, it HAS to be good.

I liked it because I am a fan of the chain whip and even though a lot of it was special effects, it was still some cool weapons scene action.

I wouldn't have paid to watch it, though.
the gore made it comical thankfully.
i thought it was going to be a "serious" movie, but i was sadly dissapointed
i thankfully didnt pay anything more than my netflix fee.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Bump.

House of 1000 Corpses.
It's Pat.
Embrace of the Vampire. (The Alyssa Milano parts ARE worth watching though.)
Deep Star Six.
Terminator 3.
Speed 2.
The Room.
Batman and Robin.
I.J. and the Crystal Skull. (Sadly, my son loves it...)
Last Action Hero.
The Spirit.
Son of The Mask.
Showgirls. (Yeah, I'm conflicted on this one.)
Year One. (I fell asleep.)
Van Helsing.
Eragon.

And lastly, Human Centipede deserves another mention. Thank you Netflix for making it on-demand...

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
House of 1000 corpses is an awesome movie.
True it is. People who don't understand who Rob plays with the genre call it crap. Though I prefer Devils Rejects. His new movies are crap though. He should stick to what he is good at.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
True it is. People who don't understand who Rob plays with the genre call it crap. Though I prefer Devils Rejects. His new movies are crap though. He should stick to what he is good at.
Agreed that he made a respectful homage, but I couldn't get past the girls stupid laugh, all the hicks, and scattered plot. It didn't even give me one character to root for, at all. (Not that it was any different to the movies it respects, but the newness of it got lost on me.)

:thumbsdown:

clarkenstein

Monkey
Nov 28, 2008
uptown girls. if you had a date, and had to go watch this movie, you will most likely end up killing yourself. i almost did.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Agreed. I don't tend to see many crap films cos I'll generally just Google/Rotten Tomatoe it to see if it's a known stinker, but a mate who's really into film suggested this. His first words when it finished were 'So, yeah, sorry about that...'.
Yeah. When I've read about it I was all the hype. Miller may not be a great director but I liked his comics and add a pretty nice cast to it and it might have been not bad. I never wondered why it didn't sell. Stopped after 15 minutes and I usualy enjoy bad movies. This was even worst than the Room or Manos because it wasnt funny or even painfull. It was just bland. Like licking wet toiled paper.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Pretty easy to say "The Room" or "Manos", but "The Room" was hilarious. And "Manos" was, well, really hard to watch. But I'd still rather watch it again than:

-Pearl Harbor
-Revolver (Guy Ritchie film)
-Southland Tales (Richard Kelly, the guy who did "Three Kings" which was awesome, but this was not)

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Legend of YOR
Metalstorm, battle at the end of time
the first Deathrace 2000
Logans Run(sorry cultists it was really bad, watch it again)
The Bitch(morgan fairchild, not enough gel lenses in the world....)
Wisegirls

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Kenneth Branagh's Frankenstein.

I just rewatched Coppola's Dracula, which I always enjoyed the blatant stylizing.

Frankenstein was made with the same auteur mentality, but it was like Branagh had never seen Friday the 13th or Melrose Place, because it was so melodramatic, it was more laughable than scary.

It would have been scariest movie if it was released in 1935, not 95.

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
The Room. :bad::rofl:

words cannot express my love for it. amazingly bad, and laugh out loud pathetically funny. I watched it with a dozen friends while drinking. We will be quoting it for years cause we are so enamored with it awfulness.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Killer Clowns from Outer Space

This one is actually worth watching if you've been drinking and you want something hilarious. MST3K material right there.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
The Room. :bad::rofl:

words cannot express my love for it. amazingly bad, and laugh out loud pathetically funny. I watched it with a dozen friends while drinking. We will be quoting it for years cause we are so enamored with it awfulness.
I love it when they play "football" and also the crazy green screen rooftop stuff. Definitely hilarious. Rather hard to watch the sex scenes.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Pretty easy to say "The Room" or "Manos", but "The Room" was hilarious. And "Manos" was, well, really hard to watch. But I'd still rather watch it again than:

-Pearl Harbor
-Revolver (Guy Ritchie film)
-Southland Tales (Richard Kelly, the guy who did "Three Kings" which was awesome, but this was not)
I loved Manos, but that's only because I watched it on MST3K and couldn't stop laughing.

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
Most movies suck badly. Here are some that I've seen recently that I wish I hadn't.

Death Race (the new one. The 1975 version is self-consciously horrible, and that makes it OK)
Ninja Assassin (ninja so sneaky even death can't find him; such a skilled clan that nobody can kill them but themselves, and maybe a single randomly placed RPG for effect)
Punisher: War Journals (dealing death to everybody just because)

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I loved Manos, but that's only because I watched it on MST3K and couldn't stop laughing.
Without it it is the most painfull experaince ever. Even worse than Uwe Boll because for some reason it keeps you glued to the screen while you scream in pain.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Without it it is the most painfull experaince ever. Even worse than Uwe Boll because for some reason it keeps you glued to the screen while you scream in pain.
True.
The beginning...where it just shows them driving....no dialogue, no narration, no credits. I love it. Apparently they forgot to add the opening credits...

How can you NOT love Torgo? :rofl:

Okraz

Chimp
Jun 18, 2008
Went to the movies yesterday to see Skyline...horrible. Maybe not the worst movie ever but should have been straight to dvd.