Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
got it!

it's not pretty (yet), the raw aluminum is a little dull and dirty from a season of use, but the frame is in remarkably good condition.

check out the reinforced headtube gussets.. total beef!

Frank's weld work is really something else

next step is disassembly and shipping the front triangle off for a fresh powder coat!
more pics when i get it back!

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Whos racing this weekend?
Practice sat a couple of am runs then off to webb.
I hear they are doing 2 lines beg/sport and exp/pro if thats the case Im moving to expert for some real riding (was planning on it anywase).
Webb last sat after practice rocked and sooooo green there right now.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
nice pic bullcrew, but do you have any pics of the cougar you ran into last weekend ? i'd rather see those pics than the pics your ugly mug.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
nice pic bullcrew, but do you have any pics of the cougar you ran into last weekend ? i'd rather see those pics than the pics your ugly mug.
What! Thats my best side! :D
No pics of the cougar, the other guys up there had the camera on the run before the sighting. apparently another group has seen the cougar before (recently) in the same spot. So it looks like that it frequents the rock spot.
Hey go ride with us and Ill show you a great rock to go Pee behind!!!!! Ill point it out and you can go on over...

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
Isnt that freds old r9?
Nice ride, your going to loveit!!!!!!
I chose the F1 over the R9 and rotec, not an easy decision as they are all 3 worthy bikes.
Can't wait to see it, what color?
Oh and congrats :thumb:
Thanks bully!

that is indeed Fred's old R9. I am just a little undecided on the color, but I think it might end up being either a gunmetal gray, or a matte wrinkle black. Nothing too bling for me :)

cheers.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
That R9 looks sick. Just polish that bad boy up and leave it raw!
Webb was fun today but the overnight rain kinda rutted out some sections. We are planning on an all day Webb session next sat with some helmet cams and photogs. May also try to bring a shovel and do some work. A berm at that last right hander before that booster would be sweetness.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Here's the problem, my wife doesn't know about this. I really can't unveil the new ride until I sell the AS-X.

So if you guys know anyone who needs a bike let me know. I'll cut them a killer deal.
Simple solution.

Store the ASX at a buddies house until it sells but tell wifey its already sold.

I kid I kid, in no way do I condone lying to the significant other...unless necessary.:brows:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
AAAHHHH HAHAHAHAHA! Its not just me. I'll fight 2-3 guys and stab em in the neck with a bic pen (home made tracheotomy :D) but I fear telling my wife I bought bike stuff!!!!!!!

But I did tell her this time that I have a Foes and a Jedi on the way in as well. She already knows about my stash of bike parts so she knows I have enough to build both up pimp.

OK Boys and Girls, Ill be at Fontucky tomorrow hammering around for a bit at 12 noon till 4pm, any takers Ill be there with some of the STR crowd.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
BC speaks the truth. There will be a group of guys out there this coming Saturday. BTW, where have you been Big Ben? Its been awhile since I've seen any activity from you. Come out dude!

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Did the 4x track today at fontana, got the whips over the box down and most of the doubles! It was a good ride, 5 others from str came out. Im doing the BIG MTN. Saturday, the one that has more hang time than michael Jordan and shoots you higher than superman!
Actually taking the wife and kids to Magic Mtn.. :D (wifes B-DAY, So a little marie calendars at the bottom and roller coasters the rest of the day.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
OC krew will be there at around 0930-1000.

There will prob already be some dudes there running in a Tundra if you guys wanted to go sooner.