Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
That's always my favorite thing to see on Mammoth trips, classified ads for local-owned bikes. "Only ridden one season."
After a weekend at Mammoth the AS-X was clapped out! Burned to hell brake pads and busted spokes everywhere. I couldn't even imagine living up there during the summer and what happen to a bike. You'd have to replaced it every season.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
yea.. do you think those rental Switches are worth 1200 bucks at the end of the season?!
they'd have to pay me to take one of those home

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
I think patience is key in finding the diamond in the rough. P found his R9, nags the Wilson, A his German monster. Shoot, a 07 Glory 0 frame will soon be posted with super low miles and little abuse with a kick ass price tag.:)

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
I think patience is key in finding the diamond in the rough. P found his R9, nags the Wilson, A his German monster. Shoot, a 07 Glory 0 frame will soon be posted with super low miles and little abuse with a kick ass price tag.:)
Put up a wanted ad, that's how I found 2 of my hard-to-find frames in the past. Both times the seller wasn't really thinking of selling it until they saw there'd be a buyer.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
i'm trying to remember the last time i saw you out on the trails, let alone posting pixorz of it.

:biggrin:
guilty as charged sir..
though i am currently sans big bike, so i only post DJ content
which still beats parking lot photos :P

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Soooooooooo....anybody plan on riding this Saturday? Theres a group going to BC but I'll probably opt out for some local trails instead.

bneall

Monkey
Aug 23, 2006
Culver City
parking lot pictures techically arent pictures of a trail.

I would join you riding if every ride wasn't starting at 8am and 1 hour drive from my house.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Ben, for you ,we'll push back the time to your convenience if you're down. The hour drive however, I can't get around. Theres not too much happening in the MDR.

Sunday, we are thinking a later start. Maybe a SJT or another Claremont run around 1pm. Who knows, Wilson may also be epic.

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Ben, in 2 weeks I'm cleared to ride again and I'll definitely be doing a Sully run or two. Nags and I will also surely hit Wilson soon after to try his Wilson ;)
We're at SOC next weekend or I'd ride then.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
not sure what i'll be up for sunday. i do need to visit my mom (her b-day). i figure that means bullcrew will be at the house until about 2pm, which is when i will show up. i'd prolly be up for a mid-morning quick sully run. the franken-HT needs some love this week.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
btw. if you guys do Wilson, you should call up Curt (the Kenter Curt).. i have his #, he said he's always down to ride Wilson.