Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
No changes yet Nags. Looking into going single ring within the next month or so which will save a lb or so. I'll also eventually go with a diff wheelset and give tubeless a try. Not in a real hurry to swap anything else out until it breaks.

I'm sitting dirty at 46.

Your rig done yet?
Guide will be here on Wed and I'll finish it up then. Probably ride it Thursday after work on Sully.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Fuk yah...thats the setup if I decided to go SC on my 0.

This rig was my original inspiration. I love how the Totems look on em.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
wow that Glory is siiick... i definitely wouldn't put a DHX air on it, but it is damn sexy!

and only 36 lbs!!! unreal! i bet it jumps smooth like butter

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
i'm rollin' in later, then busting san juan w/ ed. then off to SD. i might have time and juice to hit Ted. i'd pull the hat-trick!
dude .....if you can do all 3 locations in one day...you would be the worlds stongest man and perhaps the fastest. Laguna=1-2hrs, sjt= min. 3hrs, drive to sd=1.5-2 hrs...but hey maybe dhing with lights is the next big thang.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
and - It's Alive!!!

sorry they are crappy, but my battery died before i could get the lights and angles set up well. T$ is gonna need to come by for some glamour shots :lighten:
Adam.. are those the dirty30 bars?
How are you liking them? Too wide (if there is such a thing)? How are the angles on those bars, comfy?

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Color came out nice P. Looks like you got some flaking going on in the paint, or maybe its just the pics.

Adam's bars felt nice when I put a leg over his rig (parking lot test) but judging by how he pinned everything today, I'm guessing he loves em.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
"overtheedge has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space."

J, clear your PMs dude!

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
thanks Randy.
you are correct, the coat has tiny metal flakes in it
it's a custom color Olympic does for *gasp* Turner, called Iron Glimmer gray.

it's all gay and glittery in person.. fukin rad :monkeydance:

Color came out nice P. Looks like you got some flaking going on in the paint, or maybe its just the pics.

Adam's bars felt nice when I put a leg over his rig (parking lot test) but judging by how he pinned everything today, I'm guessing he loves em.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
the dirty 30 bars are money. they may be just a hair too wide, but that just means i don't gript them all the way at the edge. i like it. they feel great and i can't say a bad thing about them.

telonix rocked!!!!!!!

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
ugh. guys... i'm jealous.
i miss DH .. it ain't even funny.
spent the day at Kenter though, so it wasn't all bad.

whose Intense is that with the new 888 rc3?
i need some rider feedback on that fork

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
all better. . . . looked like a killer day! hopefully next time my schedule will cooperate
yeah...heard you had some Bob Villa type of issues at the homefront. Bummer.

sooo...does anybody know anybody selling a 07 Glory DH frame? One of the canucks we met this weekend had one and the geometry felt spot on, aside from it being a tad bit small. I'm going to rid of this L frame and go down to a M.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
randy, don't help the 'nucks. those dudes smoked us on our own trails, without even considering it was their first ride in months on new bikes on a trail they had never seen :)

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
randy, don't help the 'nucks. those dudes smoked us on our own trails, without even considering it was their first ride in months on new bikes on a trail they had never seen :)
yah, that was pretty disheartening.:shocked: Should have seen the bastards at Claremont. Speaking of Claremont, we found a new line consisting of nice sized gap jumps for most of the way down.:thumb:

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
Nice find nags, but I'm not going to be able to afford a whole new setup. Hoping to just sell the frame, add those funds w/ some tax money and throw the old parts back on. Plus, I'm kind of partial to the new paint scheme on the 07/08 models.
I think Pavel has showed us all, that we have the power to make our frame a kick A$$ color!

Finding frames is tough. I was on the look out for non beat to hell frames before I found the Wilson and they are hard to come. You should also look for a Sunday.