Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
If study a map enough I'm sure you could a point to point that excludes the heavy climbing but includes the fun DH. Bell Ridge is supposed to be gnarly!

Even if it was 20 miles and included 5k of DH it would be pretty darn fun on the big bikes.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
MD, looks like we'll be blessed with some dry weather this weekend in the OC. Has to be true if Jackie Johnson said so.

I'm willing to beat those are real.:drool:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I'm trying to generate a trip down to SD on Saturday. Anyone in the OC area willing to allow me use of their joint to shower and change after the ride at Laguna, assuming Laguna or some other OC ride?

I know randy hates the pedal, but San Juan, anyone?

Haybear and or Deezul, whassup in SD?

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Laguna @ 8am - 10am. Peeps will trickle in between those times but I'll most likely be there at 8.

However, if you decide to hit some SD DH trails, I may be up for that depending on how far south.

Adam, you're more than welcome to come to my spot afterwards, but it'll be 20+ miles out of the way for you.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Koolio - What city are you in Randy? Any place is better than driving all the way back to LA :)

Any interest in hitting Teds? I've never been. I've got a post in a thread for Haybear. We could see what is up with Dezul43. He rides there all the time.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
wow, stanton is a bit backwards from where i wanna go. i've got a post up in the Ted's thread in this forum. I'll see what I can do to get peeps to host us. if we hit that far south, i may have a closer place to crash post-ride.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
and - It's Alive!!!

sorry they are crappy, but my battery died before i could get the lights and angles set up well. T$ is gonna need to come by for some glamour shots :lighten:

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
If Poways out, we could hit Laguna early sat and then do sjt later which is better IMO, DHr's could push up OLd sjt and pedalers could do the pedal section..whateves lets just ride.......

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i like the Edgy plan. I'm gonna need directions to the Laguna meeting spot.
not sure i can make it there by 8am, but i'll be there soon after to catch a later shuttle run.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
gots the pm.

i'm running the magura louise carbon. i got them from the guy who sold the frame and wheelset to me.

got her floating around 41lbs now. only real places to drop weight now are the fork and rear shock. i could go down another 1 to 1.5lbs by going to a totem or a boxxer world cup. i've considered it, but passed on the cash outlay for this year. the rear shock, i could go ti or air, but i don't wanna but the coin yet. that would kill another pound. i guess i could ease up on the wheels by a 1/2 pound with lighter rims too.

I had the bottle rocket setup anywhere from 38.5 to 43lbs over the life of it in various configurations. i didn't notice much of a difference in any of the setups feeling notably better or worse. as i am comfy with everything as it is, i will leave it for a bit.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
No changes yet Nags. Looking into going single ring within the next month or so which will save a lb or so. I'll also eventually go with a diff wheelset and give tubeless a try. Not in a real hurry to swap anything else out until it breaks.

I'm sitting dirty at 46.

Your rig done yet?