Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Northstar, as expected was a blast. Good company and good riding (for the most part). Most valuable lesson learned on this trip? Don't masturbate in front of your dog.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
Northstar, as expected was a blast. Good company and good riding (for the most part). Most valuable lesson learned on this trip? Don't masturbate in front of your dog.
for sure.. riding and company were superb, great way to finish off the lift season.
sorry about all the silly mechanical issues Randy

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
for sure.. riding and company were superb, great way to finish off the lift season.
sorry about all the silly mechanical issues Randy
No worries bro. I was able to be on a bike riding some DH, so no complaints from me. Just glad I was able to get back to a resort before seasons end.

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Yeah.....that was on of the most laughable trips. Good riding and a fun/funny crew. Few mechanicals but the best thing was ...no one got hurt.

Till next time...........

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Hmmmm, figured this would be a good thread for these. Some clips from Webb this weekend

Ok First off, I know there shaky as hell, still working on the best way to mount the camera.

First one, my first time at webb, not the best video, but pay attention to the very end, found a little ladder somewhere I didnt expect it

Second is Lil Willie hitting the ladder drop with no drive train. Broke his chain and derailer on his first run before I got there. He was coasting the whol time

Rest are the partials of my second run after I learned the trail a bit

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
You guys missed a fun dual slalom race at Elings Park in SB over the weekend. Taylor and I headed up there for our first MTB race. I qualified last thanks to a fall during my second qualifying run. Ended up winning the beginner class. The berms were super fun. Can't wait for the next race.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
Good stuff Nags! Does this mean you'll be racing the Fontana Winter series?
I'll probably do a mix of the DH and 4X events depending on which weekend day I can be away from the family.

Nice thing about dual is you don't have to worry about other people plowing into you. In 4X you need to worry about being taken out.

Hopefully there will be another dual race up at Elings over the winter. Otherwise I might have to drive up there just to ride the course.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
anyone interested in doing a pinos run at some point before it gets too cold? i've never done it, but heard it is a sweet scenic roll down the hill. it is quite a drive and we would need shuttles. could turn it into a camping trip. i've got a bad tent and a lame sleeping bag.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
i'm hitting Kenter this weekend boys
I have too many house projects, work and a wedding to attend in the next coupla weeks, so can't do any long trips.
the big bike is out of commission at the moment as well, waiting for a full overhaul after the lift season.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Hello? This thing on?

Anybody plan on doing the Vail Lake race or at least going out to check out the scene and heckle?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
dude, i've been wicked busy and not riding enough. bikes, hooks, bands, strippers & whores, and don't forget the drugs. my life has been nuts!

i'm shot for most of october, though the 25th looks open for a ride. who is with me?

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
i rode my bike for the first time in 3 months on monday after work. i need to get riding with you guys again. i got a new car and don't have a rack so im limited on traveling. if you guys do anything in the SM mountains let me know and ill ride my bike over to meet up.

retrofred

Monkey
Jan 18, 2002
canyon country, Ca.
HEY MARIO, how yah been? i haven't heard from yah in a while. what kind of rack you need for your car? i have a trunk mounted one you can have to get you by till you get something better.

retrofred

Monkey
Jan 18, 2002
canyon country, Ca.
anyone interested in doing a pinos run at some point before it gets too cold? i've never done it, but heard it is a sweet scenic roll down the hill. it is quite a drive and we would need shuttles. could turn it into a camping trip. i've got a bad tent and a lame sleeping bag.
a buddy and i are planning one for our next weekend off. your more than welcome to join us. it's a fun ride and pretty long. if we have three or people to go with trucks we usually get two runs in. send me a PM next week and i'll give you details.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
wow.. i thought this thread was dead

a few of us are cruising out to Kenter this Sunday, come out and play boys.
my buddy Chris might be bringing his good camera to snap some action pickys.

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
HEY MARIO, how yah been? i haven't heard from yah in a while. what kind of rack you need for your car? i have a trunk mounted one you can have to get you by till you get something better.
what's up fred! ya it's been a really long time. i appreciate the offer on the rack, i just need to go out and buy one once i get into riding more. right now i just ride from my house to the trails. i drove by your work today, do you still work there?

What kind of car did you buy Mario?
i got an infiniti g35 sedan

retrofred

Monkey
Jan 18, 2002
canyon country, Ca.
hey mario, yah i'm still over there. almost ten years. hard to believe. what yah doing next sunday? a friend and i are going up to frazier park to ride. your welcome come along. i think one other guy from this thread wants join us. i told him send me a PM sometime this week and i would give the details.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
yo, me and the J$-man have decided november marks our return to the bikes. first weekend in nov after halloween weekend will have us on two wheels... ok, i just bought a 24" uni, so i might hit the trails on one wheel.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
yo, me and the J$-man have decided november marks our return to the bikes. first weekend in nov after halloween weekend will have us on two wheels... ok, i just bought a 24" uni, so i might hit the trails on one wheel.
If you guys decide to make a comeback a little sooner, a few of us will be hitting up some usual spots for some fun in the sun.

Will you be joining me and the rest of my hipster friends at Hardfest on Halloween A?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
im booked so soldi randy, otherwise, i'd love to. ive got my hook squad and my band up and rolling. the only time i get on wheels now is pedaling around town and my unicycle practice.