Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
which compound MM's u running? u running them front and/or rear? thoughts on them as a front v. rear? width? i know you've played with them in a few different configurations. i'm thinking of pulling a lighter wheelset and tires for trail riding. perhaps the MM's will go on front and rear and save me a pound per wheel compared to my minion dhfs.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
guey glueys are great and 2.35 rear as 2.5 front is a prety good combo. If I get backed its what Im running no?'s asked on 80% of stuff and a bad bety rear 2.5 with a 2.5 MM front for faster courses.
The guey glue and triple compound are both great, you cant go wrong with either, If its available a triple rear for the harder center and guey gluey front

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
OK got sponsorship with Schwalbe tires! :thumb:
They are sending me a few sets to rock right off the bat and so after having ridden some and looking at the compounds it seems the golden tiicket is!
2.35 rear triple compound (similair to 3c hard center soft outers for pedaling and less rolling resistance)
2.5 front guey gluey (sticky all over better for cornering and railing)

Winter and most of the time itll be this set up with Muddy marys front rear, then spring fall itll be bad betty rear (2.35 triple compound) and Muddy mary front 2.5 guey gluey and summer bad bettys front and rear.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Great session yesterday, straight nastiness. Haven't been this sore from shuttling for awhile. I think we pushed up at least 7-8 times? Conditions were perfect, and thanks for opening up my eyes to the Chipotle bowl. Straight grub.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
Quote of the day "I can't whip to left", proceeded by a nice left whip and the tree getting smacked by the rear tire.

Randy was throwing down some 1 footers and snapping berms like Sam Hill.

I'm sore too!

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Pictures speak for themselves.

No its not done, I need the headset yet, and the new spring, should have those on friday, if not I know I will have the headseat at least, and I will just ride the softer spring for newyears day

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Im practicing for WEBB! LMAO! Working on them, got 1 try yesterday and then had to head back. Hopefully Ill have them down by march!
No foot can can

No foot seat grab, threw the bike out in front a bit. Figure its good practicve to get a superman eventually! 6" of snow and ICE pack underneath hurts BAD!

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
So some how alst night, while repairing my laptop, I ended up deleting the partition on my External harddrive.

I lost

all 40 plus gigs of music
all my pictures
all my videos
all of my backups
My software images

I lost alot of stuff, Other than the pics and music, I can fix the rest, but it will be a couple hours of works.

Damnit I anm going for a ride

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
seems to be moving slower in the old age. oh well, maybe it is like wine and will keep getting better.

Hack-y-sack I still got your coil. I'm outta town this weekend, but next weekend is an option, if you haven't already found the coil you need.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
between this site, mtbr, yahoo, texting, calls, and now facebook, how the hell are we expected to know where to start a ride plan? I'm riding somewhere this weekend, laguna, webb, sui....

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
out of town this weekend......... or i would be there! btw bully, i've been out of the rm loop, how long before you hit socal soil?
Ill be back March 14th for class so the 12th (then unpack and set up machines etc...)..... Unfortunently Im down to night rides on the weekend due to class and weekdays are pretty open. Class is in SD so I can ride noble and the rest of the SD stuff pretty regularly on the weekends or SJT evening rides.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I wanna ride, But I woke up ****ing sick today. I better be feelign better for next weekend, Or I will be pissed
Oh, Ill trade you! I just got my voice half back and Im into it 10 days now from flu. sinus infection to chest inffection, sore throat loss of voice etc... EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Hate the cold! Haven ever been this sick, and the few times I was pretty sick it was living in cold weather areas. :mad:

May 19, 2008
SoCal
wow i stumbled across the longest thread ever...nice pics. what trail is that? wondering if the spots you guys hit are close by. I'm in SoCal..the SFV.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
wow i stumbled across the longest thread ever...nice pics. what trail is that? wondering if the spots you guys hit are close by. I'm in SoCal..the SFV.
Troll much? been a member for almost a year, no posts but 316 visits to your profile page doesn't add up....

most of these trails are in the LA/OC/SD metro area.