Quantcast

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Greatest regular season quarterback ever!

Denver just needs to draft some receivers who can catch balls that are 10 feet behind them and they will get over the hump.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I think if Delaware North builds a domed stadium in the first ward I will reap the benefits of tradition and cash in on years of suspect decisions by my relatives.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
maybe you gots it backward? 21-7 OSU before the half

This was the first time I really tried to watch a college football game. It was pretty horrible. Like watching a bunch of third stringers from the Buccaneers with a handful pro-bowlers thrown in. Plays were defined by mistakes or the fact that a few players were way way better than most others on the field.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Like watching a bunch of third stringers from the Buccaneers with a handful pro-bowlers thrown in.
It's why so most of these guys fail when they get to the NFL.

It always makes me laugh when you see some of the rookies in the NFL look confused after a play where, say, a linebacker tracks down some wide receiver from behind and the WR is looking around like "wait, I'm not the fastest guy on the field?"

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
because he was as much of a non-coach there as he was in charlotte. perhaps denver just has a lower threshold for derp? or maybe peyton bitched?
Better prepare yourself for mediocrity next season. Hard to believe Manning comes back with a new head coach, new offensive coordinator, and possibly losing their best WR and TE to free agency.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I love to watch the Cowboys lose but whatever rule says that isn't a catch is dumb.
:stupid:

NFL Rule 8.1.3 said:
Item 1: Player Going to the Ground. If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.
Per that, it's pretty difficult to argue that the call wasn't made correctly. That rule is just bullshit.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
:stupid:

Per that, it's pretty difficult to argue that the call wasn't made correctly. That rule is just bullshit.
As a lions fan, I disagree. I HATE to say it, but to me that was a catch, followed by 2 steps and a stumble. To me the intent/interpretation of that rule is for when players go DIRECTLY to the ground in a jump ball, dive for the ball, layout, tap two toes on the sideline kind of catch.

Yes, he did not make big time charge through the defender steps, he made, stumble to the ground and try to get through this tangled defender and reach for the end zone steps.

I understand why it was overturned, and I enjoyed watching the Dallas fans cry, but I think it should have remained a catch spotted on the 1ish yard line.

That said, I have now officially used up all the fucks I give about that cowboys.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
As a lions fan, I disagree. I HATE to say it, but to me that was a catch, followed by 2 steps and a stumble. To me the intent/interpretation of that rule is for when players go DIRECTLY to the ground in a jump ball, dive for the ball, layout, tap two toes on the sideline kind of catch.

Yes, he did not make big time charge through the defender steps, he made, stumble to the ground and try to get through this tangled defender and reach for the end zone steps.

I understand why it was overturned, and I enjoyed watching the Dallas fans cry, but I think it should have remained a catch spotted on the 1ish yard line.

That said, I have now officially used up all the fucks I give about that cowboys.
My biggest regret is the fact that Cowboys fans may feel as though they should have won instead of the normal soul crushing embarrassing defeats the Cowboys suffer.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Holy one degree of separation Batman The new Bills Defensive Coordinator is Dennis Thurman...Damn I had no idea he had gone into coaching. I lost track of him after he stopped playing for the Cowboys. Dennis and I went to Santa Monica High School together and then he went on to Play at USC. In college I roomed with his cousin Tyrone. When Dennis got drafted by the Cowboys we threw a party for him at my place in the Pacific Palisades much to the consternation of my Conservative White neighbors who called LAPD to complain that there were hundreds of Black Folk in the neighborhood. The two cops that showed up turned out to be big USC football fans who after getting a few autographs for their "kids" drove off into the night.

Congratulations Dennis