Quantcast

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Anyone else notice how old peyton manning looked last night? He can barely get out from under center to hand the ball off ....

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
http://deadspin.com/rex-grossman-turns-down-the-browns-1674459637

Lulz that Rex Grossman (Rex fuckin' Grossman!) turned down down the Browns because he didn't want to screw up his Xmas plans. So now the pressing question is why hasn't the Browns front orifice reached out to Bernie Kosar or Vinny Testaverde? I bet they could sell a ton of throw back jerseys and autographed interception balls.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The Rams frustrate me. They are so close to being a good team, but their quarterback play is so bad that it gives them virtually no chance to win. Shit, even an average quarterback would be huge.

So Tampa gets the #1 pick. I hope they draft Jameis Winston because that will virtually guarantee his failure in the NFL.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
So Tampa gets the #1 pick. I hope they draft Jameis Winston because that will virtually guarantee his failure in the NFL.
Unfortunately I bet they take Mariota, but I agree than Winston going there, and inevitably going up in flames would be ideal. Maybe he'll fall far enough for the Redskins?

So what head coaches are gone tomorrow?

Mike Smith.
Jim Harbaugh.
Rex Ryan.
Marc Trestman.
GTFO.
Add Ken Whisenhunt to that list.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
stupid panthers. now we have to listen to all that noise for another week or two only for them to crash and burn (again). you finish with a fvcking losing record, you're a fvcking loser and don't deserve playoffs. end of story.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Look, I have no rooting interest the Packers or Lions and don't give a shit if both teams lose, but WTF is the matter with Endahmahking Suh? I'm certainly no Dallas fan, but I hope they put up 80 points on that Lions defense just to embarrass them.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
stupid panthers. now we have to listen to all that noise for another week or two only for them to crash and burn (again). you finish with a fvcking losing record, you're a fvcking loser and don't deserve playoffs. end of story.
Hard to argue with the whole losing record thing not deserving a playoff bid, but I will anyway:

* They actually have a damn good chance of advancing past the Cards since I think IAB is their starting QB now. If the black gatos can score 14 to 17 points, I bet they'll win.

* Their defense has finally started to round into form with much improved secondary play. Josh Norman is a damn good corner, as evidenced by how hard he made life hard for Julio Jones yesterday.

* They're running Cam moar, which really makes their otherwise vanilla offense much more dynamic and difficult to stop. Plus, Stewart has been crushing over the past 4 weeks (moreso than any other RB), which should also help open things up in the passing game.

All that said, Cam is still a relatively inaccurate passer by NFL standards, their offensive line is still average at best, and their receiving corps is fairly lackluster as well given that Benjamin is pretty inconsistent despite flashes of brilliance. Although Olsen has certainly been solid all year for them.

I'd wager they'll beat the Cards and then go lose to the Packers/Seagulls. Not too bad overall for a team with a gimpy QB for the at least the first 2/3 of the season, a depleted secondary, a patchwork O-line, DeAngelo Williams out (which actually may have been a blessing), no real deep receiving threat and pretty predictable/unimaginative O-coordinator (IMO).

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
^^
Add Tony Sparano to that list, or does his "acting head coach" status disqualify him from being fired (again)? And speaking of the Fish, I guess Philbin is safe with the surprising progress Tannehill has made this season? Likewise with ol'beady eyes Coughlin I guess given that the Giants didn't completely roll over and die after such a poor start.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Win or lose, I predict that Luck throws at least three interceptions and gets called the greatest young quarterback since Moses threw for 9 touchdowns against the Egyptians.

Manning throws for 21,718 yards against the practice team, gets intercepted 19 times against the first defense. Gag reflex is perfected.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Buffalo Bills finish with a winning season for the first time since 2004. It wasn't pretty but we'll take it.

And then... Kyle Orton retires. Not that he was a great QB but at least he led the team to a winning season. Now we're back to searching for a new QB... again.

#BuffaloBillsFanProblems

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Look, I have no rooting interest the Packers or Lions and don't give a shit if both teams lose, but WTF is the matter with Endahmahking Suh? I'm certainly no Dallas fan, but I hope they put up 80 points on that Lions defense just to embarrass them.
If anyone but Ndomakungh suh did that, to any quarterback not named brady, peyton, or rodgers, this wouldn't even be an issue. But since it was Suh, and since it was Rodgers, and since our stupid ass center did the same thing but worse last weekend...it's a big deal....

He's a dirtball, but suspension was a bit far. Not just my words, but the words of many an nfl analyst as well. Stupid Suh. Typical Lions.