Quantcast

***Y u no Monday GMT?***

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Went up to the Northern part of the state yesterday to say happy birthday to my 98 yr old grandma. She is basically on her death bed, but still in good spirits. She has led a good life, but her time is coming. While I was there, I went and rode into the new National Monument on my CX bike. 40 miles of gravel at 40 degrees in temp. The legs never warmed up and I was hungry the whole time. Didn't see a single person other than the one that was with for over 2 hours. Blissful.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I got up and pooped, turned on the light, then climbed back into bed. Going to be a chilly spin into work—time to switch to ski gloves.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good mornin!

Productive weekend taking care of house related shit that's been on the to-do list for way too long. Put the finishing touches on the bedroom wall; what was once a wall of mirrors is now a wall of wood.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

Man am I ever sore from rolling around under the Subaru this weekend. I feel like a dump truck hit me today...mid-40's amateur mechanic weekend warrior. I got the steering rack installed back in and everything back together....drove it for a few minutes, then parked it for the day. Tried to start it the next day...nuthin'. Replaced starter(man...is that bottom bolt ever hard to get to...) still...nuthin'. Battery testing out fine...I think I may have a fuse issue...all grounds look to be in good shape...but there's like, 40 grounds on a Subaru. :panic:

I'd love to hand out some positive energy, but I believe MY grounds are bad today. :nopity:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
So, in an all hands meeting earlier today, the BU GM just announced we're letting people go on Dec 31st, but who is going to be laid off or how many is yet to be decided, but everyone should know before December is over. :banghead: Sounds like a great strategy for losing the best talent rather quickly, especially when people were also told we need to accomplish waaay more with waaay less resources next year. :think:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I have no idea what happened this weekend. Not ready for this Monday.

So, in an all hands meeting earlier today, the BU GM just announced we're letting people go on Dec 31st, but who is going to be laid off or how many is yet to be decided, but everyone should know before December is over. :banghead: Sounds like a great strategy for losing the best talent rather quickly, especially when people were also told we need to accomplish waaay more with waaay less resources next year. :think:
Merry Christmas!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

38 on morning walkies, I might need to break out the peacoat. Low key weekend was good, but I went to bed way to early last night only to stare at the wall at 4 this morning. Back is doing better, but the insurance is a pain in my ass. Rather than just do the MRI so we know what we are looking at, I need 6 weeks of PT and an x-ray first. Thanks, Obama.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Surgically repaired thumb joint doing well, almost have full range of motion with only a little discomfort. Last joint in thumb seems to get worse every day. have little to no motion. As a round of prednisone made no difference my rheumatologist does not think it is arthritis related and possibly an undiagnosed injury. Back to the hand surgeon again. Nothing like turning a 3 month injury into a 6 month problem.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Went up to the Northern part of the state yesterday to say happy birthday to my 98 yr old grandma. She is basically on her death bed, but still in good spirits. She has led a good life, but her time is coming. While I was there, I went and rode into the new National Monument on my CX bike. 40 miles of gravel at 40 degrees in temp. The legs never warmed up and I was hungry the whole time. Didn't see a single person other than the one that was with for over 2 hours. Blissful.
how far north? North Maine folks are quite a hearty breed, no surprise she's still kickin'.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I got up and pooped, turned on the light, then climbed back into bed. Going to be a chilly spin into work—time to switch to ski gloves.
if you can still find them, the answer sleestak winter gloves are the best value piece of winter riding gear you can find.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
morning chitlins. back in the office. schedule change this week (not just time change) as my daughter is starting day care 2 days a week in prep for full time day care when my wife returns to work next month. oof. creature of habit am i, but it will be nice getting back to my normal work routine ie being in the same office the entire week.

sprayed one paper wasp nest yesterday. other one is too high off the ground, even on top of a 13' ladder the spray didn't hit it.

my knee is ripening to a nice shade of purple.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
how far north? North Maine folks are quite a hearty breed, no surprise she's still kickin'.
I grew up in a small town called Benedicta. Population 300. It is located right above Millinocket and about 25 miles due east from Mt Katahdin. Lived there until I was 13. My dad and the rest of that side of my family still farm there today. We used to grow potatoes, but now just do organic grains.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I grew up in a small town called Benedicta. Population 300. It is located right above Millinocket and about 25 miles due east from Mt Katahdin. Lived there until I was 13. My dad and the rest of that side of my family still farm there today. We used to grow potatoes, but now just do organic grains.
that is a nice area (scenery wise) and about as far north as i have been (so far).

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Back is doing better, but the insurance is a pain in my ass. Rather than just do the MRI so we know what we are looking at, I need 6 weeks of PT and an x-ray first. Thanks, Obama.
This is consistent with best practices from the literature. Unless you can't move your leg or urinate or the like it's best to hold off on the MRI.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
that is a nice area (scenery wise) and about as far north as i have been (so far).
For me it is the best woody hilly part of Maine, I love the landscapes around Mt. Katahdin. I've been all the way up to Madawaska / Fort Kent / St Francis, not worth the extra trip IMO.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
My 4.75 year old dressed herself and was reading happily in her room by 7 AM. The 2.5 year old woke up at 7 AM and then went to see her sister. I can deal with this.

(2.5 year old did wake up once overnight inexplicably, apparently just wanting to be tucked in again before passing out once more.)

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Surgically repaired thumb joint doing well, almost have full range of motion with only a little discomfort. Last joint in thumb seems to get worse every day. have little to no motion. As a round of prednisone made no difference my rheumatologist does not think it is arthritis related and possibly an undiagnosed injury. Back to the hand surgeon again. Nothing like turning a 3 month injury into a 6 month problem.
we can rebuild him, we can make him stronger

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
This is consistent with best practices from the literature. Unless you can't move your leg or urinate or the like it's best to hold off on the MRI.
Hmm, that wasn't the story sold to me by the NP. He seemed to think the MRI would actually show if there was reoccurring injury or damage to the disc where the xray wouldn't. But you are the image doc, I just don't care for the pain (but it is about 80% gone now thanks to exercise and not being stupid).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
For me it is the best woody hilly part of Maine, I love the landscapes around Mt. Katahdin. I've been all the way up to Madawaska / Fort Kent / St Francis, not worth the extra trip IMO.
i've camped baxter before. katahdin is still on my to do list. another bucket list item for me is to run the length of the allagash waterways.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hmm, that wasn't the story sold to me by the NP. He seemed to think the MRI would actually show if there was reoccurring injury or damage to the disc where the xray wouldn't. But you are the image doc, I just don't care for the pain (but it is about 80% gone now thanks to exercise and not being stupid).
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27496288

"Most patients presenting with uncomplicated acute low back pain (LBP) and/or radiculopathy do not require imaging. Imaging is considered in those patients who have had up to 6 weeks of medical management and physical therapy that resulted in little or no improvement in their back pain. It is also considered for those patients presenting with red flags raising suspicion for serious underlying conditions, such as cauda equina syndrome, malignancy, fracture, and infection."

" Those deemed to be interventional candidates, with LBP lasting for > 6 weeks having completed conservative management with persistent radiculopathic symptoms, may seek MRI. Patients with severe or progressive neurologic deficit on presentation and red flags should be evaluated with MRI."

my son is the same age and has been doing this a lot lately. not sure whats up.
Both of my kids are obsessed with having their feet tucked in. Not sure what that means exactly. "Daddy, tuck my feet in!" "Your feet are already tucked in." "Tuck my feet in!" "Uh, ok."

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Both of my kids are obsessed with having their feet tucked in. Not sure what that means exactly. "Daddy, tuck my feet in!" "Your feet are already tucked in." "Tuck my feet in!" "Uh, ok."
my son just kicks his blankets off and hasn't figured out how to pull them up on his own yet.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
i've camped baxter before. katahdin is still on my to do list. another bucket list item for me is to run the length of the allagash waterways.
The Allagash is out there for sure. I have done about 1/2 of it. Quite Beautiful up there. I do agree @StiHacka that the northern part of the state isn't as impressive as the Katahdin region.

The amount of exploring you can do on gravel roads on bikes is mind blowing. You just need to know how to read a map because they are are all old logging roads.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27496288

"Most patients presenting with uncomplicated acute low back pain (LBP) and/or radiculopathy do not require imaging. Imaging is considered in those patients who have had up to 6 weeks of medical management and physical therapy that resulted in little or no improvement in their back pain. It is also considered for those patients presenting with red flags raising suspicion for serious underlying conditions, such as cauda equina syndrome, malignancy, fracture, and infection."

" Those deemed to be interventional candidates, with LBP lasting for > 6 weeks having completed conservative management with persistent radiculopathic symptoms, may seek MRI. Patients with severe or progressive neurologic deficit on presentation and red flags should be evaluated with MRI."
yea i had 6 weeks of continued pain. fuck that noise. one MRI confirmed the disc herniation that my primary care doc was adamant didn't exist.