Quantcast

You know how I know McCain is screwed?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Jesus christ you're fvcking dense.
wow...i'm sorry guys. this freightgod dude has almost convinced me to vote for obama....SERIOUSLY. no really, i mean it.

*random change of topic 'cause i'm tired of reading freightgod's rhetoric: there was a picture and story in the paper today of the obama campaign registering some locals to vote and to volunteer. the picture is of a homely looking man holding up his voter registration form and voter card he had just received from said campaign members. i thought i recognized the face and then i read the name in the caption. the dude is a convicted felon x's 3 for molestation offenses. i'm not sure if i should laugh or cry that the campaigners completely overlooked the background check part of voter registration :clue: :monkey: but of course i said nothing about it because i'm sure both camps do the same thing this close to game day.

freightGOD

Monkey
Jan 26, 2002
Atlanta, GA
I have a bachelors degree, 3 associates, an A&P license and a 3 year culinary degree. I received those before and during my time in the military. I don't need more GI bill funding. As a matter of fact about 80% of my co-workers have 3-4 years of college.
I can't stand it when his veterans platform consists of more GI bill funding. How about better disability pay, retirement, etc?
I digress.
That man pisses me off more than anything right now.
Are you still in VT?

The economy IS central to this campaign and NObama will probably fair a little better as time goes on, but not tonight...

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
I have a bachelors degree, 3 associates, an A&P license and a 3 year culinary degree. I received those before and during my time in the military. I don't need more GI bill funding. As a matter of fact about 80% of my co-workers have 3-4 years of college.
I can't stand it when his veterans platform consists of more GI bill funding. How about better disability pay, retirement, etc?
I digress.
That man pisses me off more than anything right now.
I didn't mean to come off sounding like I was trying to attribute support for the G.I. bill (or lack of) directly to your position.

rather

The point I was trying to make is that if McCain choses to vote against legislation so blatantly favorable to veterans, it is likely to be a precedent, and for veterans, a pretty bad one. He isn't likely to vote pro-veteran unless keeping them at war and in harms way is pro-veteran :shocked:

EDIT: well actually the G.I. bill has provisions for helping vets fund mortgages in addition to funding college educations.

Last edited:

freightGOD

Monkey
Jan 26, 2002
Atlanta, GA
wow...i'm sorry guys. this freightgod dude has almost convinced me to vote for obama....SERIOUSLY. no really, i mean it.

*random change of topic 'cause i'm tired of reading freightgod's rhetoric: there was a picture and story in the paper today of the obama campaign registering some locals to vote and to volunteer. the picture is of a homely looking man holding up his voter registration form and voter card he had just received from said campaign members. i thought i recognized the face and then i read the name in the caption. the dude is a convicted felon x's 3 for molestation offenses. i'm not sure if i should laugh or cry that the campaigners completely overlooked the background check part of voter registration :clue: :monkey: but of course i said nothing about it because i'm sure both camps do the same thing this close to game day.
haha, that would be funny. I am not trying to change anyones vote. And certainly not yours. You are on the front line daily, and I respect that I am a person of convictions and NObama seems to have none...

But some of these guys just seem blind to the media hype and rhetoric and will not hear anything else. I can play that game too...

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
That is obviously not one of McCains stronger suits, which I find a bit disturbing to be sure. Considering his own service. But What attachments if any were added?
http://www.gibill2008.org/benefits.html

You can find the information about the GI bill

He was against the bill because of concerns that expanding the GI Bill could lead more members of the military to get out of the service. This was disproved by the CBO which estimates that S. 22 would actually result in a 16 percent increase in recruits.

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
So as insult to injury his premise (a terrible one if it had been true at that) for voting against such progressive legislation for vets was INCORRECT.

freightGOD

Monkey
Jan 26, 2002
Atlanta, GA
http://www.gibill2008.org/benefits.html

You can find the information about the GI bill

He was against the bill because of concerns that expanding the GI Bill could lead more members of the military to get out of the service. This was disproved by the CBO which estimates that S. 22 would actually result in a 16 percent increase in recruits.
Well, I can understand his position, just not his action. I am all for a stronger military, as it is obvious he is as well. Not sure that would be the way to go though.

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
Well, I can understand his position, just not his action. I am all for a stronger military, as it is obvious he is as well. Not sure that would be the way to go though.
We spend nearly as much as the entire world combined on our military.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
haha, that would be funny. I am not trying to change anyones vote. And certainly not yours. You are on the front line daily, and I respect that I am a person of convictions and NObama seems to have none...

But some of these guys just seem blind to the media hype and rhetoric and will not hear anything else. I can play that game too...

Project much ?

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I didn't mean to come off sounding like I was trying to attribute support for the G.I. bill (or lack of) directly to your position.

rather

The point I was trying to make is that if McCain choses to vote against legislation so blatantly favorable to veterans, it is likely to be a precedent, and for veterans, a pretty bad one. He isn't likely to vote pro-veteran unless keeping them at war and in harms way is pro-veteran :shocked:

EDIT: well actually the G.I. bill has provisions for helping vets fund mortgages in addition to funding college educations.
No, that was not directed towards you in any way, just towards the articles posted. I meant to put that in there.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
We spend nearly as much as the entire world combined on our military.
What is wrong with that? 1 american CEO of say AIG gets paid more in 1 year than the US military annual budget. Same goes for a "professional" sports figure.
Some of us need a paycheck too.

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
What is wrong with that? 1 american CEO of say AIG gets paid more in 1 year than the US military annual budget. Same goes for a "professional" sports figure.
Some of us need a paycheck too.
Not true, 515 billion a year goes to the military, while the Lehman brothers CEO only made half a billion after selling his stock

freightGOD

Monkey
Jan 26, 2002
Atlanta, GA
Project much ?
oh, please, don't give me that philosophical bull....(thanks to John Valde (sp)

Not much, my opinion regarding NObama is based on my own research.

the man does NOT HAVE the experience needed to be the POTUS, and all the arguments against that FACT are based on the hype that the ridiculous liberal media have forced fed us

But with regards to the B/S that was stated EARLY in this thread by others, I can play that game too, as can you.

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.

This world in arms is not spending money alone.

It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.

The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities.

It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals.

It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement.

We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat.

We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people.
This is what the Republican party used to be

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
This is what the Republican party used to be
How do you have all of those amenities without something to protect it? Don't blame the government, blame the overly greedy CEO of a private company that sells a screw to the DOD for $30 and sells to a regular company for $1.20
I see it every single day when ordering a part for an F-16. I then go to say, Lowe's and find the same thing for 600% cheaper. (disclaimer, 600% is an exaggeration and should in no way be taken as the truth)
A black 8" zip tie costs the DOD $18. Go to a homegoods store and it costs .18

This can and will go on for days. No one will ever change anyone's opinion or view and every single person here will argue these points until death. Just realize the fact that everyone has their own opinion and you will not change it.:banana:

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
How do you have all of those amenities without something to protect it? Don't blame the government, blame the overly greedy CEO of a private company that sells a screw to the DOD for $30 and sells to a regular company for $1.20
I see it every single day when ordering a part for an F-16. I then go to say, Lowe's and find the same thing for 600% cheaper. (disclaimer, 600% is an exaggeration and should in no way be taken as the truth)
A black 8" zip tie costs the DOD $18. Go to a homegoods store and it costs .18

This can and will go on for days. No one will ever change anyone's opinion or view and every single person here will argue these points until death. Just realize the fact that everyone has their own opinion and you will not change it.:banana:
Well, all the other countries seem to be able to manage it, while spending significantly less. I do blame the companies that overcharge massively, but I'm more directly attacking the idea that we need to spend more.

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
When is the last time in the past... let's say 150 years, that the military was effectively used to defend and protect Americans from a direct threat besides WWII.

freightGOD

Monkey
Jan 26, 2002
Atlanta, GA
Well, all the other countries seem to be able to manage it, while spending significantly less. I do blame the companies that overcharge massively, but I'm more directly attacking the idea that we need to spend more.
what other countries? China? Cuba? Somalia? Russia?

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
Exactly, the defense budget should be slashed. We should keep the worlds most technologically advanced military which provides it's enlistees with the safest and most effective equipment possible.

HOWEVER, it should not be nearly as large and bloated as it has become.

Spend the money on education, health-care, energy reform/science, and of course the exploration of space. Then stand back and watch the standard of living rise, and the country become something to really be proud of being a part of.

Last edited:

freightGOD

Monkey
Jan 26, 2002
Atlanta, GA
every single one of them, france comes in 2nd with 74 billion, UK comes in 3rd with 69 billion for the 2008-2009 year.
it was a joke, (small as it was) as the quality of life is CONSIDERABLY lower in all of those countries....

is there an air leak IN HERE, OR WAS THAT A 'WHOOSH" RIGHT BY YOU?

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
it was a joke, (small as it was) as the quality of life is CONSIDERABLY lower in all of those countries....

is there an air leak IN HERE, OR WAS THAT A 'WHOOSH" RIGHT BY YOU?
I caught it, but I was making the point anyway. The country with the highest quality of life spends only 26 million a year on its military.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
143 days does not a President make...
Apparently, neither does 8 years.

Pretty sure, that according to Article II, this is all that is needed to be President:

[Originally posted by The Constitution
No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States.