Quantcast

zee vs guide rsc

freeriding

Monkey
Jun 5, 2011
I have another bike mate, no problem at all.

Let's stick to the point!

If other mates want to share their experience/opinion, i would be more than welcome

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Let's stick to the point!

If other mates want to share their experience/opinion, i would be more than welcome
Aww... Ok. in that case hurry up and buy the fucking things...

Then we can be BRAKE "FRIENDS"

BFFs even

;)

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Bro, paralysis by analysis.

If you dig hard enough for long enough you will find fault in every product. There is no perfect MTB brake, that is why you are seeing differing opinions.

Pick the Zee if you want inconsistent lever bite points. Pick the Guide if you want equal power, better modulation and a more consistent lever. Pick the magura's, or Hayes, or Formula's if you want something more expensive and less common.....

scramble them together like eggs if you want to feel like you built a superior brakeset.

For me it boils down to consistency and parts availability. The zees were inconsistent, and sram/shimano are both stocked at a lot of places.

But, by all means, if you want to keep seeking the holy grail please do, but with each passing day your expectations are only going to grow, and when the brake you choose has a characteristic that you don't like, you will only be that much more disappointed because of it.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
W
Respect!
Well consider the topic closed, kickstand just said it all!
we will only consider it closed when you buy brakes, until then carry on!

Seriously though, they all have faults, you might get lucky, you might not, but pick the brake that has the features you want and ride

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
I dare to reopen this closed case! :busted:
I have been a Shimano fanboy for the past 10 years or so on the brakes side of things. I have had other brakes from Formula or even Hayes but never really found them to my liking compared to Shimano's.
For my latest build I went for the Guides, for different reasons, and we you read the internet there seems to be an almost night and day difference between Guides and Saint or Slx (on which I spend the 2 last years). Well, after 2 rides with the new brakes on autumn wet ground, I have to admit that I felt right at home from the beginning with the Guides and never reflected over the fact that I had different brakes while riding!
I don't say that there is no difference between those brakes, I just want to say that the Internet magnifies these differences! :clue:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
This week I've ridden Avid V-brakes, 105 dual pivot caliper brakes, current shimano, old Juicy 7s with fork oil on the front pads. current Guides and a single AD990

Ride MOAR bikes... You might just end up feeling the need to reflect a whole load less..

Yes. I am fully aware how cool my story is bro.

freeriding

Monkey
Jun 5, 2011
Is the bleeding edge adapter included in the 2017 guide line (not the ultimate) with the S4 caliper?
I got the rear rsc brake and in the factory box there is no adapter!