Quantcast

°•○●□■♤♡♢♧zero fucks to give friday gfmt♧♢♡♤■□●○•°

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Peaches have been unusually good this year. I can't remember them being so consistently good for this long. Nectarines are a different story. I just bit into one and it went right into the trash.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
PB&J on sourdough with pineapple slices for lunch ftw.
sourdough.....cracker barrel has awesome sourdough french toast....otherwise....can not eat...

peanut butter/jelly...separate....never together...

pineapple.....wtf...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Trying to decide where to ride today. Its is supposed to hit 101 this afternoon, it was 97 during most of last nights ride and that wasn't bad.

I have decided to explore trails in the Lewis & Clark National Forest. Since I will be riding alone I am beginning with this but I may also go with that depending on what I learn from the forest station. The area is shared use which does mean ATVs but there are sustained climbs of all difficulties reasonably close to home.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Ok, I'll bite: What exactly does your adviser do for you to warrant 1% AUM (I'm guessing)?
1%? That's shockingly low if you're sitting across the desk from somebody. Think more like 1.5-2.25% for face-face action. Robo-advisor (and hybrid robo-advisor) ftw.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I thought today was cooler...It only hit 103 instead of 107. The weekend is going to suck. I will be the EMT at a horse show on the east side of the valley where there are no trees. I have to be ready to treat lots of folks for heat related issues. but luckily I get to park my "Air Conditioned"camper near the show rings and camp out in the cook until summoned

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
Ok, I'll bite: What exactly does your adviser do for you to warrant 1% AUM (I'm guessing)?
her job, and quite well too. i meet with her every 6 months, we go over what's going on and if she feels changes need to be made we discuss the pro's and con's. i've gotten more info from her in a year than i did with TD Ameritrade and i was with them for years. when it comes to this stuff i have no idea what's what. she is very good at explaining everything, sometimes multiple times, listens to what i have to say and doesn't talk down to me like the idiot i am. so for me, that's worth the fee.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
her job, and quite well too. i meet with her every 6 months, we go over what's going on and if she feels changes need to be made we discuss the pro's and con's. i've gotten more info from her in a year than i did with TD Ameritrade and i was with them for years. when it comes to this stuff i have no idea what's what. she is very good at explaining everything, sometimes multiple times, listens to what i have to say and doesn't talk down to me like the idiot i am. so for me, that's worth the fee.
The best thing you could do would be a target date fund, ignore it, and contribute for a few decades, IMO. The less you think about it and mess with it the better.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The best thing you could do would be a target date fund, ignore it, and contribute for a few decades, IMO. The less you think about it and mess with it the better.
This is why you had to go to the Midwest to buy a car. My CFP reviews our 401k's twice a year.