Quantcast

*°*- TFSM it's Friday GMT -*°*

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Couldn't sleep again. Time for coffee I guess. Working from home today, and hopefully selling a car this morning.

I might squeeze in a ride this afternoon, as it's gonna be warm and sunny.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Successfully implemented an individual throttle body fuel injection system on the Volvo last night. Have a lot of tuning to do, and a rats nest of wiring to clean up. Otherwise I am rather pleased on how smoothly the process has been.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
FRIDAY. Anxiously waiting for this five shot Americano to work its magic. Starting to think it's a decaf.

Another day, another morning swim done. I am running a 5K Sunday. This will be attempt #2 at breaking 19 minutes.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
FRIDAY. Anxiously waiting for this five shot Americano to work its magic. Starting to think it's a decaf.

Another day, another morning swim done. I am running a 5K Sunday. This will be attempt #2 at breaking 19 minutes.

Decaf should be outlawed or dyed bright pink so no mistakes can be made.

My calculations show that 5K/19minutes is fucking fast.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Successfully implemented an individual throttle body fuel injection system on the Volvo last night. Have a lot of tuning to do, and a rats nest of wiring to clean up. Otherwise I am rather pleased on how smoothly the process has been.
You can't post that without pictures.

Happy Friday yawl. Doing this work thing for a bit today and then going to buy a bed tonight. I forgot how expensive mattresses are..

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You can't post that without pictures.

Happy Friday yawl. Doing this work thing for a bit today and then going to buy a bed tonight. I forgot how expensive mattresses are..

The intake noise is pretty impressive. Nice and quiet tooling around, but when you give it the beans it sounds like a portal opens up to the center of a black hole.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
five shot Americano
5 shots?!? good lord Babs .. my eyeballs would be shaking.

I had a great weight training session last night
my $.02 ... in another post you mentioned eating 1,000 calories a day. lifting on such a calorie deficit isn't a good idea. you likely won't get any strength gains without proper nutrition. Alternate your workouts so you're eating on lifting weeks. :nerd:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Y U no carburettors?

Morning! How to spend a rainy unrideabru evening? Bottoms up with a fried I have not seen for a few months. This morning is painful tho.

I plan to install new Southpaw on the auto-dropper and take it for a shake down ride tonight. If no smooshy, back to Fox it goes.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

The intake noise is pretty impressive. Nice and quiet tooling around, but when you give it the beans it sounds like a portal opens up to the center of a black hole.
That is awesome. Do you have to tune each one individually?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That is awesome. Do you have to tune each one individually?
Right now running a batch fire configuration. Will eventually go full sequential but I am kind of doing a phased conversion. Get one part of it working well then go to the next step of complexity. Makes it much easier to troubleshoot problems if you don't change everything at once. Anyway I will have the ability to tune by cylinder but do not have the feedback devices to do so accurately. Only running a single wideband O2 sensor. Would have to install 4 of them or 4 exhaust gas temperature probes. Not worth the hassle.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin peeps!

Nothing exciting to report this morning. Jonesing to climb a pair of 14ers before winter is up. Funny that perhaps the hardest part will be finding someone to go with.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Y U no carburettors?

Morning! How to spend a rainy unrideabru evening? Bottoms up with a fried I have not seen for a few months. This morning is painful tho.

I plan to install new Southpaw on the auto-dropper and take it for a shake down ride tonight. If no smooshy, back to Fox it goes.
Ran carbs for 2 years. Ran well enough but impossible to get running really well. Re-tuning the damn things every time the weather changed got old.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Ran carbs for 2 years. Ran well enough but impossible to get running really well. Re-tuning the damn things every time the weather changed got old.
My dad had a 1974 MG with twin SUs that we would take fishing in the Colorado mountains - 45 minutes of every trip was adjusting the carbs at about 8 thousand feet. Even as a kid I knew this was total crap.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
5 shots?!? good lord Babs .. my eyeballs would be shaking.

my $.02 ... in another post you mentioned eating 1,000 calories a day. lifting on such a calorie deficit isn't a good idea. you likely won't get any strength gains without proper nutrition. Alternate your workouts so you're eating on lifting weeks. :nerd:
he is going to have to start renting a shadow...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My dad had a 1974 MG with twin SUs that we would take fishing in the Colorado mountains - 45 minutes of every trip was adjusting the carbs at about 8 thousand feet. Even as a kid I knew this was total crap.
I had essentially the same setup. I enjoy tinkering and tuning, but with carbs you just chase your tail. With FI every bit of tuning will improve the situation. Have a great base tune already, better than carbs, future fiddling with allow it to run just as well under all temperature conditions, it naturally compensates for elevation/barometric pressure.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Right now running a batch fire configuration. Will eventually go full sequential but I am kind of doing a phased conversion. Get one part of it working well then go to the next step of complexity. Makes it much easier to troubleshoot problems if you don't change everything at once. Anyway I will have the ability to tune by cylinder but do not have the feedback devices to do so accurately. Only running a single wideband O2 sensor. Would have to install 4 of them or 4 exhaust gas temperature probes. Not worth the hassle.
I like where this is heading.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I might squeeze in a ride this afternoon, as it's gonna be warm and sunny.
Apex was fun yesterday afternoon, enchanted forest still looked too icy.

Debating climbing chimney gulch and descending Apex this afternoon. But supposed to be doing 40ish miles tomorrow so might just take the gym option. Shame to waste this weather though.