Quantcast

*°*- TFSM it's Friday GMT -*°*

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Swam yesterday. I use next to no leg (partially on purpose) when I swim and my arms are tired today.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My Magic 8 Ball says you'll do it with seconds to spare. :thumb:
That would be awesome. My current PR is 19:12 so I only have to shave 13 seconds. The course is hilly though so it won't be easy.

Five shot Americano is my standard Starbucks order. In fact, it is the only thing I get at Starbucks. Before anyone pisses and moans about Starbucks being shitty coffee, there aren't a lot of places where you can get a five shot Americano without people looking at you like you're a freak. Order it from Starbucks and you get no reaction. Order it from Joe's Coffee Hut and you get "You want WHAT!?!?!?! omfgomglol!!"

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
That would be awesome. My current PR is 19:12 so I only have to shave 13 seconds. The course is hilly though so it won't be easy.

Five shot Americano is my standard Starbucks order. In fact, it is the only thing I get at Starbucks. Before anyone pisses and moans about Starbucks being shitty coffee, there aren't a lot of places where you can get a five shot Americano without people looking at you like you're a freak. Order it from Starbucks and you get no reaction. Order it from Joe's Coffee Hut and you get "You want WHAT!?!?!?! omfgomglol!!"
because a 5 shot espresso you may as well be ordering the meth

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

5 shots may explain the fast 5K times. Not so much from the caffeine buzz, but the desire to get to the finish and a shitter.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
^ I think what you are actually ordering is a 'Mericano... 5 shots... Hay-zeus...

Just got my hands on some rugby 7s world cup tickets for tomorrow. That should be interesting.

I seem to have let go of some of my FTS attitude today. My boss called in sick. I suspect he's suffering from the same.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
My workout today consisted of 8 minutes each on treadmill, hand cycle, stationary bike and eliptical. The big boys get to do 12 minutes each... I was allowed to break a sweat so that was nice.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
5 shots may explain the fast 5K times. Not so much from the caffeine buzz, but the desire to get to the finish and a shitter.
Definitely a nice pre-race pick me up! Fine for a 5K or 10K since it's over so quickly. I would never attempt that before a half marathon or longer. ETA: or anything involving a bike ride.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Another engineer at my company quit yesterday. As this place is essentially an engineering service company, that is about a 5% hit in revenue.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I am NOT injecting contrast into peoples' butts today. Instead I am reading ultrasounds and dreading the prospect of leaving the house around 4:30 AM tomorrow.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Definitely a nice pre-race pick me up! Fine for a 5K or 10K since it's over so quickly. I would never attempt that before a half marathon or longer.
I used to caffeinate heavily before races except for the long ones, accelerated dehydration. For long races I would make my drinks with cold green tea.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I used to caffeinate heavily before races except for the long ones, accelerated dehydration. For long races I would make my drinks with cold green tea.
On some of the better aid stations at 50K runs volunteers would supply you with 4 ounce cups of flat coke, between the caffeine and sugar you felt like superman for 10 minutes... then reality set back in.

Hmmm... looks like I should go to work now.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
On some of the better aid stations at 50K runs volunteers would supply you with 4 ounce cups of flat coke, between the caffeine and sugar you felt like superman for 10 minutes... then reality set back in.

Hmmm... looks like I should go to work now.
Last 100 mile MTB race I did only offered HEED for a sports drink at the aid stations. Not only does that stuff taste like shit, it gives me terrible gas. I ended up drinking a 50/50 mix of water and Coke with some enduralyte tablets mixed in. Worked well.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Started working with new software last night. The CPU is angry. I can't help but want to load all the sounds.

Coffee time. Zardonic's Bass Metal is blasting in my ears.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Last 100 mile MTB race I did only offered HEED for a sports drink at the aid stations. Not only does that stuff taste like shit, it gives me terrible gas. I ended up drinking a 50/50 mix of water and Coke with some enduralyte tablets mixed in. Worked well.
I still gag at the thought of drinking Melon Heed after that was all they had at the Cohutta 100 when I raced it years ago. Since then I've always had my own powder in my drop bags.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
fuckit friday complete. if your bike isn't rattled to pieces by the bottom of bennett, it's put together right.

we left beers in the creek by where we parked. perfectly chilled post-ride, followed by food truck asian pork sandwich (and another beer) at the Hub's new shop.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The sound of an engine being internally sandblasted by dust, grit, insects, and small stones.
Air filter assembly on the way. Not much room between the trumpets and the fender. This wasn't exactly a kit I ordered from a catalog. Had to get everything installed before I could determine how much room I had. A good thing too. The filters I was hoping to use wouldn't have fit. Anyway, a little grit will be good for the oil rings.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Howdy all. I am NOT injecting contrast into peoples' butts today. Instead I am reading ultrasounds and dreading the prospect of leaving the house around 4:30 AM tomorrow.
i think it would be great instead of telling a patient you are injecting it you tell them they will be butt chugging it....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
going to see black mountain in june.....bout fucking time they come back through the states...