Quantcast

++>¿Porque es miercoles?<++

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Small child decided waking up early was a good idea. Fuck that noise. M auction it over this afternoon. Working on client reach out today.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I am drinking coffee right now! HOORAY!! I had a weird 60 minute run this morning. I was felt kind of blah the first couple of miles, but then I woke up, got loose, and flew the rest of the way. 6:40 pace the last six miles. That's not bad!!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Morning!

Gotta shake this WFH funk I'm in. Its been a bit hard to concentrate, but I'll have to buckle down and get my ish done. Its further complicated by the fact that as a new employee, everything is 50x more difficult and I can't just pop on over and ask someone how to do it. GAH!

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Got my eyes on a 2019 Honzo ST.
Wish it was a little slacker, but for a third bike I'm willing to give it a go.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I don't need another steel singlespeed.

But I don't have a 29er singlespeed...

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 9.40.41 AM.png

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I heard yesterday that my contract has again been extended until end of May. I have my first 1:1 with the new boss on Friday and I hope to discuss my vision for the department and with any luck get some buy in.

It's raining and will be suck weather for the next few days. At least my sod is getting watered.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Had some really funky dream/nightmare wake me up. Was holding some high-tech handgun with some high-tech bullets, aiming/shooting some people I didn't even know in an "eerie-meenie-minie-moe" manner.

I know I don't like people, but not to that point.....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Today is my Friday. But I actually will be kind of busy during the day, at least--we're effectively 1.5 people short from our new baseline of skeleton staffing.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Well fuck, that was a bad meeting. Da fuq I got myself into again? CEO who can't clearly express what he wants and loses his temper / starts yelling when he does not get it, then dives into micro management. Happy times ahead.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Karma? They hired him two weeks after I joined the company and moved me into a new org as a part of that change. I would never join them if I knew that was coming. Fuck. :mad:
In 2009 my company went through a major reorg in the midst of the last recession. Our new CEO introduced himself by yelling and screaming at people, I quit without a new job prospect the following week.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
In 2009 my company went through a major reorg in the midst of the last recession. Our new CEO introduced himself by yelling and screaming at people, I quit without a new job prospect the following week.
I am also the only non-Indian leadership member in my current organization. I start feeling my different ethnicity being a factor.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
That's a risky move, but goddamn is it satisfying. Mikedrop out.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Well fuck, that was a bad meeting. Da fuq I got myself into again? CEO who can't clearly express what he wants and loses his temper / starts yelling when he does not get it, then dives into micro management. Happy times ahead.
Have you checked the way of the weasel by scott adams? Or the persuasion/charisma/sweet talk guides on youtube?

I think those are the only tools available to work with assholes like that. Emotional manipulation.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Have you checked the way of the weasel by scott adams? Or the persuasion/charisma/sweet talk guides on youtube?

I think those are the only tools available to work with assholes like that. Emotional manipulation.
In my experience, you can't really sweet talk a bully who refuses to listen to anyone but himself.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That's a risky move, but goddamn is it satisfying. Mikedrop out.
It resulted in 9 months of funemployement that I was financially prepared for. Feedback from my former coworkers was that it became a very toxic workplace, almost half bailed within a year. No regrets on that one.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Sounds like your CEO is the Boss Baby.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Virtual meetings; Virtual lessons; more virtual meetings...
Groundhog Day for me!

Also, noticed how a dusting of snow in November is perceived as "pretty" and welcome, but the same dusting-1" in April is an unwelcome experience. I want warm weather now!!!!!