Quantcast

++>¿Porque es miercoles?<++

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Mmmkkay, Just finished a marathon of back-to-back meetings from 6:45AM - 3:30PM, almost 10 hours non-stop. I did not have lunch yet. Moar disasters coming tomorrow.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ugh. My phone fell down under the seat in my car and now there is a bigass circular crack in the glass. Hopefully work will replace it...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Holy shit did it sell! There was a bidding war at the end and somebody mic-dropped $2k with 1min left - $21,500 final. I paid $22k for it 5 years ago. I spent $8k maintaining, so $1600/yr running cost? That's pretty fucking nice for an e39 M5.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Holy shit did it sell! There was a bidding war at the end and somebody mic-dropped $2k with 1min left - $21,500 final. I paid $22k for it 5 years ago. I spent $8k maintaining, so $1600/yr running cost? That's pretty fucking nice for an e39 M5.
Everybody is buying right now. I put a couple of rare razors out to auction and people are going nuts. Trying to find other shit to dump asap.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Now sell that cursed-dashboard Infiniti and buy yourself a bigger ///Deck.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I may or may not have bought a few more knives in the past couple of days. LT Wright's Next Gen arrived today. :busted:
Wanna buy a very, very lightly used Spyderco Native 5 in S110V? :D

Turns out I'm just not a compact knife kinda guy. Going to swap the Native 5 out for a Para 2, Shaman, or Combative edge M1.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Wanna buy a very, very lightly used Spyderco Native 5 in S110V? :D

Turns out I'm just not a compact knife kinda guy. Going to swap the Native 5 out for a Para 2, Shaman, or Combative edge M1.
:D
I do not buy folders anymore, I already have a few interesting pieces for three or four life times. :doh: I can highly recommend you look at something entirely different if you want a kick-ass folder with superb steel. :D

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:D
I do not buy folders anymore, I already have a few interesting pieces for three or four life times. :doh: I can highly recommend you look at something entirely different if you want a kick-ass folder with superb steel. :D
My fixed blade collection is limited to a carbon Morakniv, a Bark River Gunny, and a Benchmade Bushcrafter. I'd love to add an LT Wright to that lineup, as well as something in the machete range.

Folder wise, I think my dream knife is either a Hinderer or Chris Reeves Inkosi. I have a ZT 0566, a Hinderer collab, and I must say its darn near perfect.

Screenshot_20200422-192143_Chrome.jpg

I used to like it when, save for the Swiss Army knife, they made simple, practical pocket knives. My Kershaw shit the bed and I wound up with a Gerber, which is a PITA to open and close and has an idiotic serrated section on the blade; it was the least obnoxious knife I could find at the time.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I used to like it when, save for the Swiss Army knife, they made simple, practical pocket knives. My Kershaw shit the bed and I wound up with a Gerber, which is a PITA to open and close and has an idiotic serrated section on the blade; it was the least obnoxious knife I could find at the time.
My only knife is an Opinel. Pretty basic and simple. Have it in my camelback.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I'm a big fan of assisted opening knives, mainly cause they are simple and fast to deploy one handed and while gloved. Not as simple as it sounds like you are after, but it should get plenty of cycles before the spring is shot.

I'd take you for a Buck 110 kinda guy. About as classic and simple as it gets.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
My fixed blade collection is limited to a carbon Morakniv, a Bark River Gunny, and a Benchmade Bushcrafter. I'd love to add an LT Wright to that lineup, as well as something in the machete range.

Folder wise, I think my dream knife is either a Hinderer or Chris Reeves Inkosi. I have a ZT 0566, a Hinderer collab, and I must say its darn near perfect.

View attachment 144004
I don't think these Tanto blades are particularly practical as everyday tools. I got to take pictures of my production and custom folders and post them here some day. Btw. one of the knives arriving soon is an LT Wright GNS convex w/ a 3/32 blade. The Gunny is :drool:.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
my daily pocket knife is a CRKT somethingorother. Solid, not too expensive, sharp as fuck, easy open and good lock. 10/10. And, Spyderco is a few blocks away, but I never seem to time their sales to make them a great buy.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I don't think these Tanto blades are particularly practical as everyday tools. I got to take pictures of my production and custom folders and post them here some day. Btw. one of the knives arriving soon is an LT Wright GNS convex w/ a 3/32 blade. The Gunny is :drool:.
Almost impulse purchased a Patriot a while back. I prefer a fixed blade as well, I just can't envision carrying one to the office. There's just something about those LT blades, they are absolute workhorses.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm a big fan of assisted opening knives, mainly cause they are simple and fast to deploy one handed and while gloved. Not as simple as it sounds like you are after, but it should get plenty of cycles before the spring is shot.

I'd take you for a Buck 110 kinda guy. About as classic and simple as it gets.
Let's have some fun, recommend me a knife based on what you know about me.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Let's have some fun, recommend me a knife based on what you know about me.
EDC folder:
Benchmade Bugout. Decent steel, decent price, made in the USA, light, just an overall solid knife.

Budget EDC folder:
CRKT Pilar large in D2. Tough, unique design, affordable.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
EDC folder:
Benchmade Bugout. Decent steel, decent price, made in the USA, light, just an overall solid knife.

Budget EDC folder:
CRKT Pilar large in D2. Tough, unique design, affordable.
I had to Google those. Very nifty. I have a sodbusted pocket knife that was an rmss present from @boostindoubles which gets regular use, a knockoff spiderco (the black ridge one) which isn't terrible. And some leatherman which is acceptable. I also have a sog tomahawk because why not.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, speaking of knives, I was finely slicing mint (to mince), and my kid said “dad, look!”
forgetting everything I learned in commercial kitchens, I looked...and sliced a bit off of the end of my finger with the sharpest new kitchen knife I have ever used.
grumble.
no guitar for a little while...